• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa

brap

Banned
Just bought this on amazon for $7.99 on PS4. Even came with some little postcard things inside the case. Cute little VN. I like the little puzzle sections that break up all the talking. Finished the first chapter so far and wasn't expecting that twist.
I'm guessing nobody else here has played this.

Virex

Banned
Just bought this on amazon for $7.99 on PS4. Even came with some little postcard things inside the case. Cute little VN. I like the little puzzle sections that break up all the talking. Finished the first chapter so far and wasn't expecting that twist.
Enjoy your "puzzles" while they are still easy. If you are going for the true ending you won't be saying the same about the puzzles. Though by the true ending time you would have probably levelled up all the colours a bit which makes it a bit easier.

And it's not going to be so cute later on either. Some deeply disturbing story situations later on. I did like Wakaba in her underwear though. Nice thighs, nice tits etc.

That said. If you take a liking to VNs then there are some great vns out there. If you're looking for something darker. Get Death Mark and Spirit Hunter NG. Great vns/rpgs. If you're looking for a straight horror VN I suggest Raging Loop. It's a long VN but damn good. Death Mark and Spirit Hunter NG are amazing games as well. Kotodama is shit compared to them. But Kotodama is a good starting point to get into vns.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
If only there was an easy way to find the answer to basically every question you ever have...

giphy.gif

brap

Banned
Enjoy your "puzzles" while they are still easy. If you are going for the true ending you won't be saying the same about the puzzles. Though by the true ending time you would have probably levelled up all the colours a bit which makes it a bit easier.

And it's not going to be so cute later on either. Some deeply disturbing story situations later on. I did like Wakaba in her underwear though. Nice thighs, nice tits etc.

That said. If you take a liking to VNs then there are some great vns out there. If you're looking for something darker. Get Death Mark and Spirit Hunter NG. Great vns/rpgs. If you're looking for a straight horror VN I suggest Raging Loop. It's a long VN but damn good. Death Mark and Spirit Hunter NG are amazing games as well. Kotodama is shit compared to them. But Kotodama is a good starting point to get into vns.
I'm looking forward to the story but not the puzzles now lol. Terrible at that type of shit. I already have Death Mark and Raging Loop. Just playing this one first because I heard it was pretty short and I haven't played a puzzle game in probably a decade.

bronk

Banned
You grabbed it from Best Buy? Me too. I don't even know what it is. Was cheap though. Just grabbed Monkey King for $5 on PS4 at GameStop today.

bronk

Banned

I have Death Mark and Raging Loop but haven't played them. Gotta get around to that. I did play House in Fata Morgana fully. I thought it was downright amazing.

Isa

Nice, I have a TON on VN's across various systems though I main PS4, not sure which I want to dive into next as I'm currently making my way through my backlog. I think Sakura Wars will be next, but Death Mark, Kotodama, Raging Loop, A.I. The Somnium Files, Song of Memories, The House in Fata Morgana, Utawarerumono series, Yumeutsutsu Re:Master, Date A Live, Danganronpa V3, and pretty much every other one.

Still making my way through Catherine Full Body which I feel is a more grandoise VN at times. That's a hell of a deal though at that price.

brap

Banned
God, the translation for this is weird Fam? Boujie? Come the fuck on. On chapter 3 now.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
I only played a little of this on my Switch. I got sidetracked, but it seemed kinda interesting. I'm always down for some VNs that try to add some elements of gameplay to it, but the puzzle part wasn't super great. Now getting characters into their underwear, that's something that catches my attention, lol.

I don't know if it still is, but it was 99 cents on the eshop recently.

brap

Banned
I only played a little of this on my Switch. I got sidetracked, but it seemed kinda interesting. I'm always down for some VNs that try to add some elements of gameplay to it, but the puzzle part wasn't super great. Now getting characters into their underwear, that's something that catches my attention, lol.

I don't know if it still is, but it was 99 cents on the eshop recently.
Yeah, I'm not liking the puzzle part. I keep wanting to switch the pieces not just throw them up top like some backwards plinko game. I'm on chapter 5 now and it's alright. Basically the only interesting thing happened in chapter 1 lol.

Virex

Banned
Yeah, I'm not liking the puzzle part. I keep wanting to switch the pieces not just throw them up top like some backwards plinko game. I'm on chapter 5 now and it's alright. Basically the only interesting thing happened in chapter 1 lol.
If you struggle with the puzzle part don't choose anything and one of the orbs will start flashing and choose that. Will make it easier for you. Though you can't rely on only that. Just keep going. Story gets very interesting

brap

Banned
If you struggle with the puzzle part don't choose anything and one of the orbs will start flashing and choose that. Will make it easier for you. Though you can't rely on only that. Just keep going. Story gets very interesting
I've been doing that but there's so many times where I have to make a move on my own because nothing lines up so it doesn't pulse. It's fine just tedious sometimes.

Virex

Banned
I've been doing that but there's so many times where I have to make a move on my own because nothing lines up so it doesn't pulse. It's fine just tedious sometimes.
Well I finished the game and got the true ending. So the puzzles aren't impossible.

brap

Banned
I got the good ending. I'll get the true ending tomorrow. Too tired to do this shit tonight.
Also they fucking quoted a My Chemical Romance song towards the end of the game. Absolute fucking CRINGE. Really took me out of it. Pretty disappointing game so far though tbh.

Quasicat

You seem like you’re an expert on the subject of vn games. I bought Steins; gate on PS3 several years ago and thought it was good, but honestly, wanted to hear the voice overs in a language that I understand. Are there any in English? Console doesn’t matter. Thanks!

brap

Banned
You seem like you’re an expert on the subject of vn games. I bought Steins; gate on PS3 several years ago and thought it was good, but honestly, wanted to hear the voice overs in a language that I understand. Are there any in English? Console doesn’t matter. Thanks!
I'm not an expert at all sorry. Danganronpa has english voices but only for the trial sections. Most of these are pretty low budget releases so they leave the voices as is and just translate the text. Umineko also has an english dub. That's all I know of.

Quasicat

I'm not an expert at all sorry. Danganronpa has english voices but only for the trial sections. Most of these are pretty low budget releases so they leave the voices as is and just translate the text. Umineko also has an english dub. That's all I know of.
Thanks! I got really excited about the new Steins;gate using scenes from the anime, which have an English dub, but from what I can tell online, that is not true for the game.

brap

Banned
Got the true ending. Basically the same as the good ending. So meh all around.
This shit wasn't disturbing at all imo. I figured there would be some animal abuse cult or something not some EVA-001 pills that make people go crazy or whatever.

Also I still haven't unlocked the ending forest epilogue thing. It's not tied to any trophies so nobody seems to know how to unlock it. I got sick of the puzzles by the end of the game because they got so fucking long. I find this even hard to recommend at 8 bucks.

Top Bottom