• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Rage 2 (Game Pass)

Replaying this big dumb open world action FPS game while waiting for Atomic Heart and Resi 4 Remake.

Critics should be ashamed of how they reviewed this. Bland open world? You mean the open world where there are activities to do every 100m and each one is, importantly, FUN to do because Avalanche nailed the traversal, shooting, driving, rewarding upgrades & abilities, combat audio/visual feedback, and car combat? Get outta here.

Avalanche are severely underrated and the second they release a critic-pandering game that shoehorns a story forcing the player to "reconsider what it means to be a Capital G Gamer in 20XX", critics will suddenly realize they've been missing out.

RPS37

I unfortunately bailed out on the last mission.
Those death towers seem invincible. 😔

Last edited:
The other day I put on Rage 2 to get an achievement for some rewards points and now weeks later, I’m waist deep in some Rage 2 and kind of really digging it.
It’s a few years old and isn’t even optimized for next gen but it still looks halfway decent IMO.
The gunplay feels nice and there’s quite a bit of progression with weapons, vehicles and abilities.
I could’ve sworn people were shitting on it back in ‘19.
I hopped off of Halo Infinite campaign like halfway through and I find myself wanting to play this instead.
if you have Game Pass and like open world FPS, peep this.

I need to play this. I bought it on disk a few years ago and never even put it in my ps4/ps5 lol.

Got this in the backlog. Picked up the deluxe version on a sale. I played through the first one (PS3) fairly recently and loved it. Kinda have relaxed expectations on Rage 2 though knowing it's not ID Software at the helm.

Top Bottom