• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart 2021 (PS5 Digital Edition)

fart town usa

Gold Member
lol, oh damn. semiconscious semiconscious

It's like you were hearing my thoughts when I was playing the game earlier during lunch.

"why the consistently ugly, dystopian, industrialized locations? why the extended periods of absent ambient sound &/or background music? why so many instances of ratchet/rivet getting stuck on objects? nefarious without lawrence?...it’s this over-all ‘reimaged’, more sensitized, kinder/gentler, ’now featuring more feels!’ version of ratchet & clank that’s basically stomped my love of the series into the ground for good (& lets not even mention… glitch! so adorable! (shudder!)):"

Man, no Lawrence just seems so incredibly wrong. "LAWREEEEENNNCEEEEEE!!!" "Coming Sir....." lol.

Of course I'm gonna see it through and not go in expecting the worst but that's a bummer cause I probably will come away from it like I did with the reboot. Fun game but nowhere near what it should be. :messenger_sad_relieved:. I generally always find out for myself through playing the game but I had the same thought process with the reboot, "It can't be that bad, come on, it's Insomniac and R&C..." But yea, unfortunately the rumors were largely true.

lol, oh damn. semiconscious semiconscious

It's like you were hearing my thoughts when I was playing the game earlier during lunch.

"why the consistently ugly, dystopian, industrialized locations? why the extended periods of absent ambient sound &/or background music? why so many instances of ratchet/rivet getting stuck on objects? nefarious without lawrence?...it’s this over-all ‘reimaged’, more sensitized, kinder/gentler, ’now featuring more feels!’ version of ratchet & clank that’s basically stomped my love of the series into the ground for good (& lets not even mention… glitch! so adorable! (shudder!)):"

Man, no Lawrence just seems so incredibly wrong. "LAWREEEEENNNCEEEEEE!!!" "Coming Sir....." lol.

Of course I'm gonna see it through and not go in expecting the worst but that's a bummer cause I probably will come away from it like I did with the reboot. Fun game but nowhere near what it should be. :messenger_sad_relieved:. I generally always find out for myself through playing the game but I had the same thought process with the reboot, "It can't be that bad, come on, it's Insomniac and R&C..." But yea, unfortunately the rumors were largely true.
cheers! glad you enjoyed it (my post, i mean)...

yeah, well, the insomniac that created & developed the ratchet & clank franchise (along with most developers of that period) weren't so much targeting a demographic as they were having a good time inventing & pushing things, both gameplay-wise & content-wise. it was absolutely a more irreverent, open industry at that point (what some might consider almost a golden age, to an extent)...

that industry's gone. now, it's all about monsterous financial investments & demographics ('is it safe?' is it inoffensive?'). it's not insomniac's 'fault' that r&c is now the hollowed-out sacharine kiddie game it's become. it just happens to be the world that insomniac, along with all the other major developers, exists in now...

Last edited:

Unknown?

cheers! glad you enjoyed it (my post, i mean)...

yeah, well, the insomniac that created & developed the ratchet & clank franchise (along with most developers of that period) weren't so much targeting a demographic as they were having a good time inventing & pushing things, both gameplay-wise & content-wise. it was absolutely a more irreverent, open industry at that point (what some might consider almost a golden age, to an extent)...

that industry's gone. now, it's all about monsterous financial investments & demographics ('is it safe?' is it inoffensive?'). it's not insomniac's 'fault' that r&c is now the hollowed-out sacharine kiddie game it's become. it just happens to be the world that insomniac, along with all the other major developers, exists in now...
Yeah it's more kiddie, but is that really worse? I just see it as different. ToD had plenty of kiddie focused moments too compared to the PS2 games.

Love me I said before, it wasn't kiddie focused on PS2 but the stories were never anything to brag about anyway.

But then maybe I'm more tolerant because I have kids now and am subjected to kids shows often.

Last edited:
Yeah it's more kiddie, but is that really worse? I just see it as different. ToD had plenty of kiddie focused moments too compared to the PS2 games.

Love me I said before, it wasn't kiddie focused on PS2 but the stories were never anything to brag about anyway.

But then maybe I'm more tolerant because I have kids now and am subjected to kids shows often.
not saying that they were. but they did used to make me laugh. now, between the remake & rift apart, they just make me gag. it's all subjective, eh?...

Top Bottom