• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP Sekiro's ending - I finally got gud!!

Probably the classiest game ever. The click isn’t the parry window, it’s realising that you take the fight to the enemy. Hesitation is defeat. This game made me a better person. How many can say that?

I hope they revisit the combat system one day with a new game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Probably the classiest game ever. The click isn’t the parry window, it’s realising that you take the fight to the enemy. Hesitation is defeat. This game made me a better person. How many can say that?

I hope they revisit the combat system one day with a new game.
v3j2uus1abq21.jpg

Kataploom

Gold Member
Game is GOAT, it's just soooo good I can't believe it, I can't forget about it, I did basically all bosses and mini-bosses and as per internet, I left none unbeaten in the long route.

The game is so... "perfect", can't describe it, I feel from it what I felt from Super Metroid. If I had to complain about ONE thing is the unnecessary Dragonrot penalty but that's it.

I hated some moments, I felt the game pushed me too hard sometimes, but in the end having beaten it (like last month or so, can't remember) and thinking about it after, it was hard for me to leave the game after 80 hours... Tried playing something similar like Nioh right after but lol, what a joke, the game feels unfair and unpolished af compared to Sekiro, I quit but will try later btw.

I'm lamenting I won't find another game which controls and feels so good, so little games nails it, Mario Odyssey with its godlike controls is one of the few examples I can think of from the top of my head and few more I can't remember because they're not common.

Sekiro is just its own thing, I suffered it and loved it but more of the later.

Everytime someone mentions this game, I immediately want to replay it. It's just that good. I really hope Fromsoft doesn't abandon this combat system, even if they have to abandon the IP due to rumors of a bad relationship with Activision.
They left a hope in the ending with the arm "for anyone else who needs it" kinda phrase Emma says to Ookami, I hope they make a sequel but ER is just way too big and profitable, unless they have another team for that (which I wouldn't trust honestly).

Buggy Loop

This is the boss I got stuck at and stopped playing. you have now given me the drive to reinstall it. wish me luck.

nicolas-cage.gif

Go for it!

Keep this video in mind when you get to him.

Parry - Counter attack - Parry - Counter attack as you see in the video. The old man is SLOW, doesn't seem like it but it's one of the few boss where you have such an opportunity to counter attack so often after a parry. Have to be super aggressive on him. A perfect parry if you time the counter attack will basically make you in control of the fight.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
In march 2019 i bought the game day 1 but i had my hands full with a baby, just out of university, a new job and a new home. I was also playing this on a less than decent PC with a Ryzen 1600 and a 1060.

Anyway, back then i got up to Papa Owl at the castle and i just couldn't get past this boss. Work and family related stuffs took over and when i came back weeks later, it was even worse. Mind you, boss rush was not added in yet so even practicing with older bosses was out of question. I had killed the guy at the training area. I felt like this is insurmountable, i had lost all reflexes needed to advance in this game.

A full replay was needed...

Well i did that since a few weeks ago. On PC with a much better setup. I don't know if it helps with latency but it felt really different this time.

When i got to Owl and died a couple of times i was like..

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This bastard doesn't fight like any other sword enemies in the game. He has no perilous attacks. No Mikiri counter openings or to goomba his head when there's a sweep opportunity. It's a complete relearning compared to Genichiro. But anyway

I fucking won

excited pumped up GIF by WWE

I went on a rampage of all the rest of the bosses and mini bosses, i killed them all. Demon of hatred, Ape duo, not a single one skipped (outside of shura path bosses). I then got all the health upgrades and all the prosthetics i could get outside of the 2 last ones that require crystals that are not given in enough quantities on first play-through.

I just beat Isshin the Sword tonight.

What a masterful game

Top 5 tier of all time for me. Best From's game, by far. I appreciated my 2nd play-through a lot more and not just because i won against great shinobi owl, but something simply clicked this time. I did not want to cheese any bosses, because i was enjoying learning the game mechanics so much and it was a NECESSARY obstacle for the end boss further down the line i was telling myself. Kudos to FightingCowboy's youtube channel for all his legit "git gud" videos. It helped me immensely.

I loved Tenchu back in the days and this feels like the spiritual successor. I'm now sad that basically From will be an Elden ring machine from now on problably because of cash. I can't imagine a Shinobi/Ninja game beating this masterpiece any time soon. The way the character moves in this game, the enemies movesets...

The parry window

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Not a lot of games have even come close to nailing that window of opportunity to parry, counter, etc. None i can think of comes close.

10/10 game, everything about it is BADASS. The dialogues feel right at home, the lore is amazing and creative with the folklore of Japan. The gameplay is so tightly tune to a specific way to play, that it feels like Dark souls' class system is ace of everything, master of none. I loved it so much i might even do NG+.
Best and more replayable From game (together with bloodborne) ... Playing it again right now to take out the bad taste that the enormously overrated Elden Ring left

Got the game at launch, made it to final boss and decided I would come back later to beat. Came back later after months and could not beat.
Decided to replay the whole game a few weeks back and beat the whole thing, purification ending - amazing experience and so glad I went back.

knguyen

Is the PC much better than the PS4 version in term of smoothness? I have R5 2600, RTX 3060, 32GB Ram. Game will be running off a SSD.

Top Bottom