• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Division 2 Warlords of New York

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The division 2

11307jVoP8fF-lhx71JKGCSjLNjDgUAsYUJn1MdVFi3rD0ZgJcr7z8xLtBkqBD6dMqLHDEOZnRRMvUZoLjt8ZUsb810_Tcqr.png

For anyone interested in a solid third person shooter this might be the one for you.

Warlords of New York is it’s expansion that is currently on sale for $5.99 (regularly $29.99).

At rank 1 you're not quite as equipped to take on larger, main missions so this is a game where you will want to beat side missions and even the final boss is locked until you reach level 40.

squadgoals GIF by The Division 2

This is a bold game and I would take it over Ghost Recon and Rainbow six at this point, yes it's legit (metacritic 82).

Bottom line, it was cool to check out the Statue of Liberty, the mammoth street towers, Manhattan look stunning, breaking down bad guys with a series of new weapons, and gadgets.

Started playing the vanilla game recently. Sorry, don't really like it as much as the first. Yes, the setting is not as good in the sequel. But there also seems to be a lack of challenge so far. I definitely had to pull my shit together to get through some of the missions in D1. Not really the case in D2 so far (level 10) which makes the whole thing feel rather bland.

Last edited:

Sygma

Most impressive game world in an online game for sure. Warlords of New York has a couple of stunning set pieces and its pretty solid overall. Can't wait to see the Avatar game

Started playing the vanilla game recently. Sorry, don't really like it as much as the first. Yes, the setting is not as good in the sequel. But there also seems to be a lack of challenge so far. I definitely had to pull my shit together to get through some of the missions in D1. Not really the case in D2 so far (level 10) which makes the whole thing feel rather bland.
This is what bothered me and kills a lot of these gaas shooters. Borderlands 3 was puss easy too. I don't understand why devs think holding back difficulty options until you've beaten a game one time is a good idea. Division 2 is so freakin easy. Most of the Destiny 2' campaigns were the same way.

Iamborghini

I really really liked the first one, New York in the snow was something!
The second game is good too but man… nothing beats the first one for the atmosphere!

sGp6nyK.png
Played through the entirety of The Division 2 and WONY with two friends. It was a really good time but I'm not sure I would have had as much fun on my own. Bonus bummer was the way raids were designed (you had to be a part of a complete party, no matchmaking for this), as a 3-man group we never experienced those.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
This is what bothered me and kills a lot of these gaas shooters. Borderlands 3 was puss easy too. I don't understand why devs think holding back difficulty options until you've beaten a game one time is a good idea. Division 2 is so freakin easy. Most of the Destiny 2' campaigns were the same way.
My man. Same thoughts. Cheap ways to make ppl play your games longer. In division 1 i could pick the difficulty. Underrated game with the best atmosphere.

Bluecondor

I loved the New York expansion for D2, and was hoping this might lead to an additional DLC with a return to Survival from D1 in a winter version of the New York map.

Sadly, my expectations were incorrect......

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I was thinking about picking up D2 recently, but all indications I've seen from a few videos is that the game is for all intent and purposes, dead. I'd be willing to play through it with a buddy, but not something I'd be interested in by myself.

Ownage

Ghost Recon Wildlands and that other one, Island of Dr Moreau or whatever, were better than Division 2.

Top Bottom