• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Division

RPS37

So my friend bought me The Division bundle to play with him…in 2021.
I have a general idea of how it works. It’s sorta like Destiny, right?
I’m also playing it on Series X and I see it’s One X enhanced. Looks pretty sharp. Like 4K 60.
I like the setting and my friend says he likes the first game more than the second because NY in the snow in Xmas time is more fun then DC in the sun, what about y’all?

Hope they go back to snowy setting with the third game. But I can see why they changed the setting as they would get a lot of idiots going ”Division 1.5” or whatever otherwise. Though if they could implement seasons in a good way that might be even better.

Last edited:

RPS37

So the second game came out like 3 years after the first.
Is it much better graphically though?

Rossco EZ

So the second game came out like 3 years after the first.
Is it much better graphically though?
i’d say yeah the second one looks better graphically only because the first is quite old now but there’s not a huge difference, maybe just looks a little sharper to me and draw distance is better?

the setting of the second game has nothing on snowy new york though. as someone else said i hope they go back to a snowy dark setting that you got in the first game. i’m still surprised we never got some sort of infected mode for the first game as well, would of been cool if as you are going round fighting the different factions you could also come across infected/mutated people imo.

Last edited:
Division 2 gameplay is superior to the first as well as the story beats HOWEVER Division 1 has one of the best atmospheres in gaming tbh. It's perfect for this season to play. Snowy abandoned NY with some incredible details is just nice to explore.

RafterXL

Division 2 gameplay is superior to the first as well as the story beats HOWEVER Division 1 has one of the best atmospheres in gaming tbh. It's perfect for this season to play. Snowy abandoned NY with some incredible details is just nice to explore.
I break it out every holiday season and run around the snow in my Santa outfit. I think it's one of the best games ever made and graphically it's still really impressive.

Shubh_C63

Division 1 atmosphere is simply better than the second. My friends and I were immediately hooked to its cover tps gameplay, synergy between other players powerups are satisfying, Darkzones are fun as a group. Though game can do with more enemy variety but outflanking enemies from the side just never really got old if you ask me. Map design is good and even random players are very helpful in a firefight because of simplistic nature of skills.

I love this game.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Yup.

Fbh

The setting was really nice and the there were some cool ideas with the whole dark zone thing (or whatever it was called).

But personally I just can't get past how much I hate bullet sponge shooters.

Catphish

Loved the setting and the overall vibe. Loved the gameplay, too, up until i realized that challenge = bulletsponge.

The game deserved better than that.

TheMan

I had a lot of fun with both games but in 21 the pops are much lower than in their heydays. In fact last I checked it was almost impossible to matchmake for missions before endgame. And even in endgame I have to wonder who’s still playing

zeorhymer

Loved the game. Hated Dark Zone end game. Loved the expansion, Survival, where it's a rogue like extraction game.

Top Bottom