• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness System Trailer | Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Steam

Bullet Club

Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness arrives on PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, and Steam® on September 2, 2022, in North America and Europe.

About Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness
Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness is an Action RPG in which players themselves descend into the world of the Abyss and grow through their experience in its depths. The game, supervised by original series author Akihito Tsukushi, recreates the world of the Abyss in 3D, including battles with creatures, collecting relics, and "The Curse of the Abyss". Fans are sure to enjoy the dark fantasy that remains true to the unique flavor of the original work.

The game offers two game modes. "HELLO ABYSS" is a story mode in which players can relive the story of the anime while learning the basic system and how to progress in the game. In "DEEP IN ABYSS," players can enjoy an original story of a new Cave Raider, who takes on the challenge of exploring the depths of the Abyss. Many characters from Made in Abyss appear, and event scenes are fully-voiced by the cast of the anime.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I just can't imagine how this will do the series justice, It just looks like they tried to put a standard anime game template design onto Made in Abyss.

Also the mechanic for asending confuses me, in the original it was akin to decompression sickness where rapid assent from the abyss would cause irreversible damage.

I can't really imagine how they could do that justice, considering how the series offsets in cute artwork and style by having its cast live through incredibly horrific things on a near arc basis it kind of feels wrong to give it such a generic looking game. The whole thing made me feel uncomfortable reading, which was kind of the point, this just looks like so many low budget anime games that came before.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Yeah, not really convinced you can just go and make an action RPG out of the source material.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Oh, wow... DAMN... Why are my anime stuff speaking English? There should be a disclaimer or something...

BTW, after watching another trailer in Japanese, I can see it looks good, just... too graphically simple, but I prefer that than no game at all, still gotta watch the anime to judge better, it's in my backlog since forever lol

Oh, wow... DAMN... Why are my anime stuff speaking English? There should be a disclaimer or something...

BTW, after watching another trailer in Japanese, I can see it looks good, just... too graphically simple, but I prefer that than no game at all, still gotta watch the anime to judge better, it's in my backlog since forever lol
Hopefully you will pick the Japanese version because the "Naaaa" of Nanachi isn't done in English very well.

This seems generic JRPG The Game. I like the premise of Made in Abyss and how the journey is generally a one-way trip down to the Abyss and never look back but this doesn't aspire much confidence for me. Exploration seems quite boring (giant open area with the bare minimum number of assets where you can easily see what to collect); Combat on a small arena with nothing showing the proper mechanics of said combat in the trailer itself; The Curses of the Abyss is the what set the stakes of the show for any Delver, so I'm happy they are somehow implementing it. Still wanted the trip to have no way back home kinda vibe.

Holammer

I love it when publishers make a great deal out of presenting English VA's.
When most of the weeb audiance will dive into options and select [Japanese] first thing they do.

Top Bottom