• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madison Indigenous arts leader, activist revealed as white [Madison365]

daffyduck

Where did I say "universally"? I noted a specific incident... A SPECIFIC moment in recent time where a whole tribe/nation was against it. How do you not see that's what I was saying?
Your original post was non-specific. And even when you did specify, you can’t say the entire tribe/nation was against it.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Your original post was non-specific. And even when you did specify, you can’t say the entire tribe/nation was against it.

Let's look at what I said and what you said, then.

YOU said:
"Natives have no interest in that leftist stuff. Most are way too black pilled to stand it. I recall finding a newsletter put together by students from the rez one time and it was like the far side of nihilism, absolutely unreachable by activists."

So you painted them with a broad brush. No specific tribe or nation. Just 'Natives'. You used a general term to speak for 'most'. In fact, you said in that quote: "Most are way too black pilled to stand it." I'm sorry but do YOU know most Native Americans? You've met them all and know them all by name?

Now let's look at what I said:
"They sure were (I know, it's a different tribe) protesting the pipeline through their ancestral lands... While they were being waterhosed in freezing temps as if they were in the deep south marching with Dr. King. They kept suffering indignities... The local government and LEOs sided with big oil."

The entire post was about ONE instance, ONE tribal nation. I wasn't speaking about "all" nor most. I was being SPECIFIC... something you said I wasn't doing.

If you're going to say I did or didn't do something, please go back and re-read what was said so you don't look like a liar.

Bragr

Banned
Stealing land and reappropriating it for purposes it wss not originally ordained for is an attack, yes.

Im not sure what this is supposed to be saying. Thats not diluting anything but its an appropriation and an exploitation of native Americans.

Plenty are trying to eradicate cultures here in America my guy. They just stay out of the limelight because their views are rightfully ostracized now. I ran into an actual eugenics supporter earlier today on another site.

There being a certain number of people isnt really relevant to that.
Ordained? what specific incident are you talking about? what cultural site is being attacked?

So if people from other cultures are taking part in Swedish cultural events, do you also think the Swedes are being appropriated and exploited? are native Americans exploiting cultures if they take part in an event that is non-native American?

Meeting someone on another site is not the eradication of cultures. You are confusing movements with small normal pockets of unhinged individuals.

Being a certain number is absolutely a part of it, the cultures that are endangered are the small ones, and the rest are just gonna faze out into globalization.

daffyduck

Let's look at what I said and what you said, then.

YOU said:
"Natives have no interest in that leftist stuff. Most are way too black pilled to stand it. I recall finding a newsletter put together by students from the rez one time and it was like the far side of nihilism, absolutely unreachable by activists."

So you painted them with a broad brush. No specific tribe or nation. Just 'Natives'. You used a general term to speak for 'most'. In fact, you said in that quote: "Most are way too black pilled to stand it." I'm sorry but do YOU know most Native Americans? You've met them all and know them by name?.….
I said none of that. And you keep using that word.

Now let's look at what I said:
"They sure were (I know, it's a different tribe) protesting the pipeline through their ancestral lands... While they were being waterhosed in freezing temps as if they were in the deep south marching with Dr. King. They kept suffering indignities... The local government and LEOs sided with big oil."

The entire post was about ONE instance, ONE tribal nation. I wasn't speaking about "all" nor most. I was being SPECIFIC... something you said I wasn't doing.

If you're going to say I did or didn't do something, please go back and re-read what was said so you don't look like a liar.

That’s not specific at all. Even after you clarified in a subsequent post, you can’t say the entire nation was protesting. A portion of them were, the ones the media reported on.

Wow.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
season 4 sleep GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I expect that's what's behind all this. She's basically a kid playing dress up and it all went out of control.
And when some money started flowing in (I believe the article said she made about $5,000 doing appearances or whatever it was), it just supported her more to keep doing it. Not saying $5,000 is enough to support someone's livelihood, but it's some good side money. So it became a grift to might as well keep doing it. Like Milli Vanilli.

daffyduck

She's not the first, and probably not the last.

Yet this idea that pretenders are coming out of the woodwork, perpetuated by "journalists", is click bait at best.

Top Bottom