• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Soccer Clubs Stick With EA Following FIFA Split (IGN)

SkylineRKR

Wrong. One of the smartest. Fuck the fifa series. It’s long been a copy and paste job and frankly I’m sick of the monopoly it has had on the football market.

Yeah but whats this going to do?

Some developer needs to pay millions for this license, and then what? They also need to license clubs, stadiums, players. Who is going to do all that? And who's going to buy the FIFA license and then create a game with fictional names and teams?

None really makes sense to me. EA didn't lose anything. The next game won't be called FIFA sure, but it will have all kits, FUT etc. It will be the exact same game for better or worse.

Dr.Morris79

@Arsenal is not here.
sad arrested development GIF
c0Kxqxz.jpg

👀

Dibils2k

hopefully get a new football game with fresh ideas and feel

i think for sure FIFA has got the worst of this

Calverz

Yeah but whats this going to do?

Some developer needs to pay millions for this license, and then what? They also need to license clubs, stadiums, players. Who is going to do all that? And who's going to buy the FIFA license and then create a game with fictional names and teams?

None really makes sense to me. EA didn't lose anything. The next game won't be called FIFA sure, but it will have all kits, FUT etc. It will be the exact same game for better or worse.
Hve you bothered to read the fifa statement on the matter?

Azurro

Banned
Always blows my mind that soccer fans have no idea of the history of the sport they profess to love.

The name "football" was originally for any sport played ON FOOT, to differentiate them from games played on horseback. Hence Rugby Football vs. Association (Soccer) Football. Just because modern slang has truncated the terms doesn't magically make the correct terminology wrong.

Like clockwork this dumb explanation. Just change the name of the American sport to Concussionball Hitz 3000 and there you go, no more confusion.

Termite

Always like to upset people as an Irishman by noting that both we and the Australians also call it soccer. Football for us is gaelic football, and to aussies it's australian rules football.

If this bothers you you really need to get your head out of your arse. Although for some reason it's only when the yanks do it that people get upset.

Azurro

Banned
Always like to upset people as an Irishman by noting that both we and the Australians also call it soccer. Football for us is gaelic football, and to aussies it's australian rules football.

If this bothers you you really need to get your head out of your arse. Although for some reason it's only when the yanks do it that people get upset.

You guys barely ever make it to the World Cup or the Euro, so it's not like you ever have much of a chance to troll. :p

kingfey

Banned
I just meant there gonna go after exclusive player and club rights. They cant survive without it
They already have that. Plus they signed new rights last year with new clubs.
The core won't get affected. Only fifa name, and the world cup would be the change.

Nickolaidas

Banned
If most of the club really sticks with EA that FIFA is fucked no matter what. 😐
Nah, they'll go to Konami. Their victory is guaranteed.

But in all seriousness, I fully expect the first non-EA FIFA game to sell like hotcakes due to the morons not realizing that FIFA is a name, not a developer.

You guys barely ever make it to the World Cup or the Euro, so it's not like you ever have much of a chance to troll. :p
They're probably too busy in those countries playing real sports to get good at a game we use basically only for 8 year-olds and under.

Last edited:
Football clubs will follow the money...

BTW, stop using that stupid name "soccer". It's called Football... you know, a actual sport where most of the time you actually play with your feet.
Ain't a fella in your league that could stop Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb. Ever. Not faster. Not stronger. Not smarter...

Knock it off and enjoy 90 minutes of grown men dominating the middle pitch.

(See how that works?)

Hell I'm 43 years old and I can't see what your "athletes" do but flop, complain, and run around in 30 yard concentric circles?

Save Ronaldo, he's a beast. Messi? Dead. Neymar? No chance. "Name whatever weird haired guy you want here" etc.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Ain't a fella in your league that could stop Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb. Ever. Not faster. Not stronger. Not smarter...

(See how that works?)

Hell I'm 43 years old and I can't see what your "athletes" do but flop, complain, and run around in 30 yard concentric circles?

Save Ronaldo, he's a beast. Messi? Dead. Neymar? No chance. "Name whatever weird haired guy you want here" etc.

There's a reason why football players are very lean. Those guys you posted would get smoked and left behind by average football players. Football players spend their lives learning to control the ball with their feet and are really fast with it at their feet.

Football is quite unique compared to something like the NBA, where you can learn to play in a few weeks as long as you are tall, or like the NFL, where you can be there as long as you are tall/big/fast enough. It takes way less skill to catch an egg than to control a ball with your body.

Last edited:

knguyen

I watch football all my life, also played a lot when I was younger. Scoring goals in Fifa never gives me that "wow" feeling, I does not feel like I really work hard for the goals. With all the resources they have, I really hope that EA can make a football game that real fans of the sport and enjoy.

fermcr

(See how that works?)

I'm not even going to bother responding to such ignorance...

FamiliarAcademicGrayling-max-1mb.gif

Top Bottom