• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major update for XIII Remake coming on September 13th, aiming to completely overhaul it

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Developed by Tower Five, this update aims to completely overhaul the game. And, naturally, this update will be free to all owners of the game.

a02264403c0eb418c440c0b6f2e07ed0e30f29b892123695f9a8cc61514fcc73.jpg

Stéphane Longeard, CEO at Microids, said:

“We are fully aware and terribly sorry that the initial launch of XIII Remake on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The game did not reach players’ expected quality standards.
A bit more than a year ago we took the decision to hire the studio Tower Five to finish the development of the game.

Tower Five worked with us in the past, notably on the great port of Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders on Nintendo Switch. We really wanted to take the time to fix the game and offer owners of XIII Remake a free update paying the best possible tribute to the original game we all love.
The Nintendo Switch version of the game will of course benefit from all the work done to improve the game as well as the multiplayer mode, which will mark the end of the game’s development.

We can’t wait for players to put their hands on this improved version of the game and (re)discover the classic adventures of Agent XIII, as soon as it’s released after the Summer.”

Developed by Tower Five, this update aims to completely overhaul the game. And, naturally, this update will be free to all owners of the game.

a02264403c0eb418c440c0b6f2e07ed0e30f29b892123695f9a8cc61514fcc73.jpg

Stéphane Longeard, CEO at Microids, said:

“We are fully aware and terribly sorry that the initial launch of XIII Remake on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The game did not reach players’ expected quality standards.
A bit more than a year ago we took the decision to hire the studio Tower Five to finish the development of the game.

Tower Five worked with us in the past, notably on the great port of Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders on Nintendo Switch. We really wanted to take the time to fix the game and offer owners of XIII Remake a free update paying the best possible tribute to the original game we all love.
The Nintendo Switch version of the game will of course benefit from all the work done to improve the game as well as the multiplayer mode, which will mark the end of the game’s development.

We can’t wait for players to put their hands on this improved version of the game and (re)discover the classic adventures of Agent XIII, as soon as it’s released after the Summer.”

I hope they do a good job overhauling it since I was really interested in playing this game

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Like everyone else..I thought Lightning Returned.
Weird how that was all they put out at one time and now they Remastered everything but them games 😂
I know there is the Xbox update but that doesn't count and makes it even more weird 🤔

Orta

Banned
I loved the original and thought this surely can't be that bad so I bought it.

I requested a refund after about 20 minutes. Horrible, floaty combat with wildly inaccurate damage zones on the enemies if I recall correctly. Absolute shite.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It’d better be a free update. They couldn’t possibly have been that crazy to consider charging for it, after they delivered such a poor product.

Last edited:

jm89

This a final fantasy thread now? OK just have to say i forgive you ff13, i dropped you too harshly.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Microids has released the very first gameplay footage from XIII Remake Nintendo Switch version. This actually should be based on updated version of the original Remake release which turned out to be one of the worst games ever relased - especially considering its technical state. Even now the game on PS4 is highly unstable, save system doesn't work, game crashes contatnly few times on the same level...I could count flaws such as these on and on. That is really shame the publisher and devs have decided to deliver the game in such poor state.
Anyway, next update should scheduled for autumn this year should fix at lease part of the most crucial bugs, until then we just have to waint, In the meantime let's take a look of first comparison of pure gameplay captured on NIntendo Switch and PS4 version (captured on PS5 via backward compatibility).

Timestamps
Granaliza Intro 00:00
Switch Gameplay 00:10
PS4 Gameplay 03:31
Side-by-Side 07:09

Orta

Banned
Fucking hell, at least show it running on pc if you want to highlight the improvements. Its so slow looking. Shooters are simply unplayable with controllers.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Jesus that added enviromental cel shading does not really work well does it.

I think it kinda does. Now, the Switch version doesn't look like anything I'd ever want to play, but at higher resolution and 60fps on the other consoles it could work pretty well. Definitely feels more faithful to the original.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Tower Five has reworked the entire game, from the Art Direction to the AI. Moreover, the team added numerous technical improvements.
Finally, Tower Five implemented the highly awaited online multiplayer mode for up to 13 players.

This major update of XIII Remake is coming to PC and consoles on September 13th!

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I likeed ffxiii he was a pretty cool guy and wasn't afraid of anything it had the cross dressing Walmart Cloud done jacked squeefs gunsword from ffinalXIII, since Greek nunerics is are hard,

JESUS!

but then he meets up with lion Richel and they fight an african desert scropion gundam and escape with mrs 33cm snow and His merry bNd of incidantel chars lol

Some shit happens and by the end they re like in quasimodos continent on the plabe earth lol and I mean I simpathise for noctis and sora because I woukd wouldn't be able tob fight off ganonondorf equipeed woth Justin twat Bieber with a bomberang and crocodile duncedee with a Tarzan spear like really lol ??

On topic: What the fuck is this game and why have I never heard of it?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Resurrecting this ancient thread to show some appreciation for this game.

Paid $10 for it on sale, never played it before, I know it has flaws galore, but it has one thing for me at least......it's just fun to play.

Top Bottom