• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making of - Crysis

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
How does the original Crysis hold up? I remember being legitimately blown away by it in 2007.

Patrick S.

Banned
I had an AMD 64 3200+ CPU and an nvidia 6800 Ultra back then, which cost like twice as much as the previous nvidia flagship, and the game ran like shit for me. That shit was made me abandon PC gaming out of frustration for like a whole decade. It's much better now, thank god.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
COD and its military focused campaign was more marketable but Crysis' graphics made other games look average.

stranno

I was playing this morning on the x, the 360 port is decent.
On 360 it struggles constantly. Not as bad as Playstation 3 version but it never feels smooth. Both versions are playable once you get used to, tho.

And, of course, Ascension level is missing (i guess it was more a size limitation of CryEngine 3 than a performance issue).

Last edited:

Banned
How does the original Crysis hold up? I remember being legitimately blown away by it in 2007.

still a great game, I reinstalled it 2 days ago and am 3h into the new playthrough.

don't expect to have a steady 60fps tho... that's almost impossible if you don't have a super high clockrate intel chip.
anything below 4ghz and the game will fall into the 50s or high 40s in demanding scenes.

also depending on the difficulty level it changes the dynamics completely... on Delta (the highest setting) it's more of an action stealth game... and on nornal and below it can be played as a super fast shooter (if you really know what you're soing you can try playing super fast on Delta of course)

Top Bottom