• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Male contraceptive RISUG meeting opposition from drug companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
because I like to feel sex. Also I'm a married man with kids. Serious longterm options would be nice to have in addition to the simple 'sowing my wild oats' phase of life options.

I'm in the same situation. And if I can spare my wife some negative side effects it's a win-win. I'd do it just for the later to be honest.

Why not condoms? That way the little guys and gals all stay safe and happy! Keep it simple 🙏

Condoms break. Add up in cost. Are a bit awkward if in a committed relationship, etc. This is a much more simple and reliable solution. And likely cheaper long-term.

And really, condoms feel like crap.

Retro

Why not condoms? That way the little guys and gals all stay safe and happy! Keep it simple ��

- Not 100% effective. Condoms break all the time.
- Requires a constant purchase (vs. a shot once every ten years). If you're in the mood and forgot to pick up condoms, it's game over, man.
- Many find them uncomfortable or that they reduce sensitivity.
- Latex allergies are a thing.
- Polyurethane and synthetic rubber condoms do not biodegrade, and there are enough chemicals (stabilizers, preservatives and (lol) hardening agents) and such added to latex condoms that they may not degrade either. FYI, there were 10.4 billion condoms used worldwide in 2005.

I'm so tired of hearing about this. I've been following RISUG/vasalgel for years now, and it's always "right around the corner".

The trials have been going on in India for fucking ages.

You can't expect companies making dough from female bc pills to be open to marketing a long term solution at less than $10. I'd rather they get in on the market at 1000 per procedure and get it out, but that ain't gonna happen.

But big pharma companies are the ones with the infrastructure for this, so it won't see the light of day until it either gets government funding (not necessarily US) or a kickass philanthropist comes through.

We'll be waiting for a while. Unless some kind of rogue pharma company without revenue from birth control just decides to screw the rest and corner the market.

Afrikan

Condoms are awful and break all the time.

Why do I keep hearing this in this thread??????

I've been fucking since 1997 (16) and I've never had a condom break on me...maybe once in my early years... but only once... and another time some girl's virgina somehow pulled it off my Dick.

so two weird situations in 20 years.

why this talk of "breaking all the time"? If yall can't keep it wet, use lubrication. Put pride a side and don't just accept this "it breaks" shit.

Retro

I've been fucking since 1997 (16) and I've never had a condom break on me...maybe once in my early years... but only once... and another time some girl's virgina somehow pulled it off my Dick.

why this talk of "breaking all the time"? If yall can't keep it wet, use lubrication. Put pride a side and don't just accept this "it breaks" shit.

Planned Parenthood reports that condoms are 98% effective, but when you factor in human errors and such, they're really about 82% effective. Everything from slight manufacturing defects to environmental conditions to incorrect storage can affect them.

When it comes to having your entire future wrecked by crotch goblins or putting your relationship through the strain of an abortion or bringing an unwanted child to term, 82% is too damn risky in my book.

gogojira

yeah I'd do it.

I'm currently a perfect candidate for a vasectomy (and will likely get one within the year). That said, I'd VERY much prefer a simple, cheap, reversible injection taken once a decade to a painful and difficult-to-reverse outpatient surgery.

Just had this done. It's not painful, it's just awkward and embarrassing because as a dude you're not typically laid out bare ass on a table with your junk taped and your balls getting wrecked, lol. Thankfully my doctor was extremely laid back and funny (trust me, it helps) and my wife went in with me, it added an extra layer of hilarity.

I would gladly not have done it in favor of a better option though, lol.

I've always been all for this just because of how convenient it sounds relative to female contraception. I'd rather take a needle to the groin personally if it means worry-free fun under the sheets. I'd take two, even.

S-Wind

ITT I learned that quite a few guys are fucking pussies.

As soon as this option becomes available here in Canada, SIGN ME UP!!!

Sounds great. Wish it was here now.

Maybe you fuck like a snail for all we know. Condoms aren't perfect, and this sounds great so I'll take that instead. I'm settled down anyway, fuck condoms. I want this now.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Sounds good to me.

The pill isn't the "one and done" solution us men see it as. The side effects can be quite troublesome.

I'd gladly use this procedure to save the worry for me and my partner although she probably would ask me to reverse it well before it runs out of effective life .

We have one daughter and do plan on a 2nd just not for a couple of years and the pill is not appropriate. This would be an ideal solution.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Shameful.
This would solve many problems.

Would be even better if it were a pill, bit this is good enough.

Kinokou

PG.jpg

Needle or not having this stuff directly in your little guys sounds fucking horrifying. Like, would you be able to feel that just sitting in there during everyday life?

You guys are crazy for being so open to this ��

I regularly put this into my vagina, and I can't tell that it is just sitting there during my everyday life.

So I kind of doubt anyone would be able to feel 60 mg of polymer.

Shameful.
This would solve many problems.

Would be even better if it were a pill, bit this is good enough.

Pills make the threshold for human error larger, but you can check out the clean sheet pill and Gandarusa.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I am 100% behind this. I don't want to have kids with the direction this world is going to. I'll adopt when the time is right.

Xe4

Banned
Planned Parenthood reports that condoms are 98% effective, but when you factor in human errors and such, they're really about 82% effective. Everything from slight manufacturing defects to environmental conditions to incorrect storage can affect them.

When it comes to having your entire future wrecked by crotch goblins or putting your relationship through the strain of an abortion or bringing an unwanted child to term, 82% is too damn risky in my book.
Human error is stuff like "forgetting" to wear a condom, wearing two condoms, etc. Which is like no shit your chance of an unwanted pregnancy goes up when you're a dumbass.

Anyhow, I am totally in support of this procedure. I'll probably wait a year to make sure there aren't any serious short term consequences or whatever, but then I'm all in.

Paertan

Will get Vasalgel injection the day it is available in Sweden or in a country I can easily t ravel to and get it. Hopefully sometime next year but I don't think that is likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom