• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Males of Gaf, would you ever donate your sperm?

Kite

I swear I remember a gaf thread about some guy who got sued for child support cus he donated the sperm so a same-sex couple could have a kid. Not dealing with that kind of bs, nope.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Yeah I'd do it. It's for a good cause, so why not? Besides I'm already a dad and my daughter's fucking incredible, so I know my swimmers do good work :/

I swear I remember a gaf thread about some guy who got sued for child support cus he donated the sperm so a same-sex couple could have a kid. Not dealing with that kind of bs, nope.

Yeah, was going to say the same thing. But I don't remember what country or state it was or anything.

But even outside of that, no. My genes end with me.

Would love to have a whole secret army of me's running around in the world but not sure if that's a good thing haha.

I guess I would fit the bill for a "desirable" candidate aside from the majority wanting white donors (making a very big but 'lets face it' assumption there.) The education bit trips me out every time I see it though because its completely assuming because the donor is well educated it will somehow be genetically passed on to the kid, like status and ability of the of the parents has the least amount to do with it. I mean I'm well educated but that definitely doesn't mean my kids or genetic relatives will ever get to my level just because I did.

Also doubt people would desire those of mixed genetics more than others
despite us being superior to you homogeneous scum
kidding hehe.
sort of muhahaha

It really is an interesting prospect donating sperm and eggs though. Thanks for sharing your experiences backslash

Kindekuma

Banned
I had to freeze my baby batter because I was starting chemo and didn't want to risk being infertile as an end result. The idea came to mind to me during the freezing process, but I ultimately didn't chase the idea further. I dunno, my parents and their parents and so forth had kids because they both loved each other and decided to bear the burden of starting a family. To me, it felt like if I donated without really knowing or loving the recipient it would be more or less some kind of desperate attempt to pass on my genes for the sake of not disappearing from the gene pool.

Top Bottom