• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man threatens 11 yr old over losing in Fortnite

TacosNSalsa

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...ington-Gaming-Xbox-NY-New-York-493616081.html

"Authorities say that xxxx sent text and voice messages to the teen on Xbox after the loss. In them, he allegedly threatened to shoot the boy, possibly at his school.

He was cuffed at his home on West Neck Road in Huntington around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. He's set to be arraigned later Tuesday; attorney information for the man wasn't immediately available. "

Somethings I'm not seeing in the article but heard on the news is that he knew which school the child went to and possibly his phone number ...

Edit: I can't find in writing or on video where he knew the exact school so I may have been mistaken or it may have been redacted but he did actually know his cell phone number after sending threats there as well according to police

Edit # 2. Jeez I'm terrible at this! But yes he did know his cell number and called the school by name ..

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
How did he obtain his personal information? Did the kid give it out or is there some method of obtaining this information from Xbox Live?

If he didn't actually have the information and just sent an angry Xbox message, this seems worthy of a ban from Live, but hardly newsworthy, as I'd bet this happens multiple times a day.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
This could be any XBL game with any two players. There was nothing special or life threatening about this, there was no reason to arrest him.

That said I am bias and despise cheaters and have said far worse.

theHFIC

what happened to the good ol' days of just calling people your choice of racial, ethnic, and gender based slurs along with describing what you would do sexually to the other player's parents or guardians??

Moneal

i would guess the guy knew the kid outside the game. ??? only way he would know the kids number or what school he went to. unless the kid was dumb and gave out his info online. They were probably on the same team during the game in question.

TacosNSalsa

I don't know ...I heard it while typing out the post on NBC local news...so I'm not sure how he got that info ..I'm trying to find more but kinda busy so I'm half paying attention..sorry for the half assary!!

TacosNSalsa

This could be any XBL game with any two players. There was nothing special or life threatening about this, there was no reason to arrest him.

That said I am bias and despise cheaters and have said far worse.
I don't know about that ..he knew his cell phone number and about 11 miles separating the 2 of them ..this can be seen as a credible threat

Wait what? Telling someone that you are going to go to their school and kill them because you lost a game is normal?

Last edited:
How long you been on the internet?

Since before the internet was the internet. Let's not try to normalize this type of behavior just because there's a lot of idiots in this world with access to the internet. Threatening to kill someone has consequences. I can't believe anyone would say that a 45 year old man telling a kid that he is going to go to their school and kill them is nothing to get the police involved for.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Since before the internet was the internet. Let's not try to normalize this type of behavior because there's a lot of idiots in this world with access to the internet. Threatening to kill someone has consequences. I can't believe anyone would say that a 45 year old man telling a kid that he is going to go to their school and kill them is nothing to get the police involved for.

Did he actually know where the school was? Did he name the school?

I'm trying to think of something far worse than threatening to kill an 11 year-old child.

Seeing your grandparents for the first time in 6 years. Immediately smelling the house smells like shit. Your grandmother stares into the abyss all day, constantly asking if you slept well. Your grandfather smells like shit and hasn't changed clothes in a week and has shit himself non stop for days. The house is so disgusting and dirty it's unbelievable. Watch as your grandmother attempts to eat off, week old potato gravy from KFC off the floor. Grandfather has TV volume on 100/100 can't hear anything they say, tries to hand you $200 to spend on lottery tickets. Refuse and get into and argument. The toilet, walls and floor covered in shit. Bedroom smells like shit. Ask them what's going on why they don't clean and why they can't smell anything, the tv is too loud. All their food is off. They keep saying their children have robbed them and stolen everything from them. Discover they have it all in the garage for some reason. Dead carcases of spiders hang from the walls the size of fist. You walk outside with them asking you what's wrong. Realise you need to have them checked into a nursing home as they have dementia. Upon re-entering the house your grandfather looks at you confused and doesn't know who you are.

Vawn

Banned
Seeing your grandparents for the first time in 6 years. Immediately smelling the house smells like shit. Your grandmother stares into the abyss all day, constantly asking if you slept well. Your grandfather smells like shit and hasn't changed clothes in a week and has shit himself non stop for days. The house is so disgusting and dirty it's unbelievable. Watch as your grandmother attempts to eat off, week old potato gravy from KFC off the floor. Grandfather has TV volume on 100/100 can't hear anything they say, tries to hand you $200 to spend on lottery tickets. Refuse and get into and argument. The toilet, walls and floor covered in shit. Bedroom smells like shit. Ask them what's going on why they don't clean and why they can't smell anything, the tv is too loud. All their food is off. They keep saying their children have robbed them and stolen everything from them. Discover they have it all in the garage for some reason. Dead carcases of spiders hang from the walls the size of fist. You walk outside with them asking you what's wrong. Realise you need to have them checked into a nursing home as they have dementia. Upon re-entering the house your grandfather looks at you confused and doesn't know who you are.

Um ok. Well I lost both of my remaining grandparents to dementia within the last year, so I agree.

But he said he has "said" much worse things to people, so I meant I can imagine things much worse to say.

NickFire

Count me firmly in the camp supporting his arrest, prosecution and maximum jail time if he did what is alleged.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why is a grown ass man playing Fortnite? He should be playing Pokemon.

Top Bottom