• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MandaloreGaming: Dead Space: Extraction Review

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the Dead Space remake on the horizon, I figured now was a good time to come back to the Wii rail shooter spinoff game. Please make a Dead Space Extraction VR port.

00:00 - Intro
00:31 - The Dead Space Remake and Franchise
02:06 - Game Premise
06:15 - Visuals
08:00 - Music & Sound Design
10:01 - Gameplay Mechanics
13:24 - Story
16:53 - Conclusions
17:41 - Credits
19:03 - THE LORE

Tschumi

This guy's my#2 favourite gaming YouTuber but i miss when he did games like Stronghold

He's done Dead Space to death.

Still gonna watch it.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This guy's my#2 favourite gaming YouTuber but i miss when he did games like Stronghold

He still does strange games like that. But he has certain things he likes to do at certain times of the year.

Easily my favorite reviewer followed by Civvie 11.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dead Space: Extraction is way better than I thought it would be.

Released in September 2009 for the Wii, Dead Space: Extraction is part of the expanded Dead Space universe. What could've easily been a quickly tossed together game had a ton of love and care put into it.

Taking place just prior to Dead Space, Dead Space: Extraction takes a rails shooter approach to show us what happened on the surface of Aegis VII and the Ishimura prior to Isaac Clarke arriving. What follows is a shockingly great romp that fits well within the Dead Space universe.

This Dead Space: Extraction review/analysis/retrospective/critique will take a look at why the game works so well, the gameplay, the plot, the Dead Space 2: Severed DLC, and more.

Timestamps::
00:00 - Prelude
01:04 - Making of Dead Space Extraction & Presentation
02:17 - Gameplay of Dead Space Extraction
07:22 - Plot of Dead Space Extraction (Spoilers)
13:57 - Dead Space 2: Severed DLC
16:00 - Aftermath

Top Bottom