• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MandaloreGaming reviews the Thief games.

zcaa0g

Banned
Would love to see a high poly high res texture of this one. Incredible levels and great gameplay. The Dark Mod is cool but still not the same.

Thief 1 had kind of a messy development, and it showed in the final product. They didn't know quite what they wanted it to be until late in development, and as a result there are some really terrible missions to go along with the really good ones. Thief 2 is the better, more consistent stealth game and ultimately my favorite of the series, but Thief 1 is still a landmark game and it's tremendous when it's at its best.

zcaa0g

Banned
Thief 1 had kind of a messy development, and it showed in the final product. They didn't know quite what they wanted it to be until late in development, and as a result there are some really terrible missions to go along with the really good ones. Thief 2 is the better, more consistent stealth game and ultimately my favorite of the series, but Thief 1 is still a landmark game and it's tremendous when it's at its best.

It was kind of like Quake 1 where there was a mix of level design styles while retro-fitting single player maps to multi-player maps or vice versa. It ended up being a blast to play regardless.

Last edited:
It was kind of like Quake 1 where there was a mix of level design styles while retro-fitting single player maps to multi-player maps or vice versa. It ended up being a blast to play regardless.
Yup. Even some of the more linear "tomb raiding"-style levels had some really creative level design. That's one thing that's pretty consistent across the whole game.

Constantine's mansion is just straight up bonkers.

SCB3

Mandy is genuinely one of my favorite Creators and got me into Warhammer 40k and the Total War Warhammer games (alongside Many a True Nerd who also got me in CK3), I do wish he'd stream more, some of his Mystery of the Druids streams are amazing

Last edited:
Top Bottom