• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

manufacturer put hidden anti-bush message in its products...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

http://www.snopes.com/business/hidden/tombihn.asp
In April 2004, someone called attention to the fact something was a little odd about the care instruction tags found on backpacks and laptop cases produced by manufacturer TOM BIHN of Port Angeles, Washington. Specifically, what was unusual was that the English and French statements on those tags didn't quite match — while both versions included the usual admonitions not to use bleach, not to machine dry, and not to iron the bags, the French-language version included an extra phrase: "NOUS SOMMES DESOLES QUE NOTRE PRESIDENT SOIT UN IDIOT. NOUS N'AVONS PAS VOTE POUR LUI." Roughly translated, this statement reads in English as: "We're sorry our president is an idiot. We didn't vote for him."
tombihn.jpg

Tortfeasor

"We haven't looked really hard to find out who did it because it's good for us. When we find them, we'll give them a raise," said Mr. Bihn, who insists the "president" mentioned on the tag is a reference to himself as the company's president and not to Mr. Bush"

It has nothing to do with president bush. Read the page...

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Tortfeasor said:
"We haven't looked really hard to find out who did it because it's good for us. When we find them, we'll give them a raise," said Mr. Bihn, who insists the "president" mentioned on the tag is a reference to himself as the company's president and not to Mr. Bush"

It has nothing to do with president bush. Read the page...
so why does it say, "we didn't vote for him."?

if anyone is seriously defending that this WASNT about president bush; than you are a full fledged retard.

its obviously about our american president, notice that it was only put in the french directions (ie: people who arent exactly fond of bush)... and if it was about HIM, ie: the president of the company, he'd be happy about the press, but not give the person who thinks he is an IDIOT a raise..

we have some total tards on this board if they want to actually choose the side that it was regarding the companies president.

"so why does it say, "we didn't vote for him."?"

Um......because you don't vote for the president of a company? It seems like a joke to me. And who cares if it really is about the pres GWB? Where's the much discussed republican sense of humour? Seems to me you guys whine just as much as everyone else.

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:

Um......because you don't vote for the president of a company? It seems like a joke to me. And who cares if it really is about the pres GWB? Where's the much discussed republican sense of humour? Seems to me you guys whine just as much as everyone else.

i am not whining about someone bashing the president (even though i found it lame)..

i am whining about someone actually trying to pretend it WASNT about our president...

GET MY WHINING STRAIGHT!!!!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:

Um......because you don't vote for the president of a company?
ahh, yeah... that's the point I was trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom