• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe confirmed (with playable Inkling, new Battle Mode, etc.)

Ryce

mario-kart-8-deluxe.jpg

Trailer

With Nintendo Switch, fans can enjoy the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 anywhere, anytime, even with up to eight friends in local wireless multiplayer. All your favorite tracks and characters return from the Wii U version, plus all DLC tracks and characters, and new characters join the roster, too: Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy from Splatoon, as well as King Boo, Dry Bones and Bowser Jr.! Plus, Battle mode has been revamped and includes Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast, with new courses such as Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, and returning ones like GCN Luigi's Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1. Players can now carry two items at a time, including new items returning from previous Mario Kart games such as Boo (the item-stealing ghost) and the Feather, which gives players a high jump in Battle mode. Players can even choose to use a new Smart Steering feature, which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids, even at 200cc. Play in TV mode in up to 1080p. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches in April.

aRcKLbRChTkJ7FbNIBu3oLiGwJSeaUUT.png

0MTvuBPVEu2NOmigs2KVILgevf0MZ1qF.jpg

E4lzAzqNeUHObk_v-uE3ZcAqyV-ketue.jpg

E3dkIV4c_lab74sXZkjZcIfbhFE4p74n.jpg

OaW1y9vrDG0xSv6NtPO1_zc7JA957Rka.jpg

vUd_m_MeNyP-0RjyFQpfQumjnCxwz45S.jpg

fKcKmtXS7lvexHS_LavFEvodIKSQMBlP.jpg

72FeUfL4L3wZND_ZkXQYBrj6gfdr9NRZ.jpg

3xS1rQc9vzWyAuooxltXqJlLAj_O_Dlw.jpg

blLdvkQ2-MR4NYibRT5ATZKNFWJqehUX.jpg

zeSUXQw3WWhzMzCoibUGE4OMA9gQJEJH.jpg

rj118

From the official press release:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: With Nintendo Switch, fans can enjoy the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 anywhere, anytime, even with up to eight friends in local wireless multiplayer. All your favorite tracks and characters return from the Wii U version, plus all DLC tracks and characters, and new characters join the roster, too: Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy from Splatoon, as well as King Boo, Dry Bones and Bowser Jr.! Plus, Battle mode has been revamped and includes Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast, with new courses such as Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, and returning ones like GCN Luigi’s Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1. Players can now carry two items at a time, including new items returning from previous Mario Kart games such as Boo (the item-stealing ghost) and the Feather, which gives players a high jump in Battle mode. Players can even choose to use a new Smart Steering feature, which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids, even at 200cc. Play in TV mode in up to 1080p. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches in April.

Regiruler

More importantly it confirms bowser jr.

But why are the features relegated to smartphones? Why not integrate it with the console itself?

Well....ehhh. Hopefully they can get out the next iteration of Mario Kart at least in its lifetime.

inb4 no, the game is perfect as it is

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think I'll just wait for the Switch in April now when this hits and pick up Zelda then, have plenty of games to get through and I imagine by then we'll have a good clue at how the system is looking.

cheez124

looked like there were proper battle maps in the switch presentation, thank god. battling on regular tracks was awful.

Nesther

Was fully expecting a post-presentation "oh MK8 etc. will be out on March 3th too btw".

Can't believe they'd take another month, are they afraid of offering more than one major title a month?

Blues1990

King Boo, Bowser Jr. and the Inkling Girl are fine additions to the roster. Shame that there is no conformation if Diddy & Funky Kong are joining in on the fun, but I'll be rockin' Boo and the squid, for sure!

And the new box art looks fantastic. Glad that they used the N64 Rainbow Road, as it's the most iconic stage in the franchise.

Top Bottom