• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe review thread

Firebrand

Very tempted to go the Amazon.jp route, but I want those Nintendo Gold Points! Might just wait for the US digital release.

Oh, are gold points separate per region even under the same account? Also wonder how you handle redownloads, if you have to switch regions again. Not that I'd do that more than once, if ever.

I am curious about they implemented the rumble.... is it feeling different with different types of track?

I don't think it's quite to the level of per-track difference in rumble. But acceleration, bumping into other karts, using items, getting hit with items had pretty distinct rumbles in my opinion.

So i used play asia for the first time. My bank denied the charge the first time but then i confirmed the transactions and hit the pay button again and it went through. Now im uncertain as to if im going to have a double charge on my account because it considers it bought twice. Play asia said something like they will keep trying to charge the card

Robin64

Oh, are gold points separate per region even under the same account? Also wonder how you handle redownloads, if you have to switch regions again. Not that I'd do that more than once, if ever.

Nah, gold points go into the same account regardless of what region you bought from. Case in point, look at my log here. I have both yen and GBP on the same account, giving gold points.

upBVOpq.png

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
my japanese code just activated on the website... debating on firing up my switch and personal hotspot to download this at work...... how big is it?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so yeah, currently downloading from my japanese account. So it's available in Japan now.

1 bar LTE isn't doing me any favors though..

The Gamexplain video that showed the game running via a smartphone hotspot got me excited, until i tried it out for myself this morning and the game did not connect :( The friend list and eShop load fine but the actual game can't get a connection. I tried with my iPhone hotspot on the german carrier Telekom.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
is it sad that i don't watch videos cause i am afraid to be spoiled for a kart game?

Anyone know how the region flag that appears next to your name is determined in MK8D? Is it based on the region of your Nintendo Account? I want mine to show as Australian but my Nintendo Account is stuck on US because I have 1 cent left over in my account and can't change back to my Australian region :(

Top Bottom