• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

iAB9EpsTErxbn.png

iHzrGj1wxe7ba.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iF8INhiKSuaB0.png

---GAF TOURNAMENTS: ----

ibuBtU6Xlx8KeU.png

DLC IS MANDATORY TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT
DLC FRANTIC MODE
QUOTE TO SEE

TIPS TO RACE WITH KARTGAF
1) If you're looking for GAF members to play with, post here to let people know you're on.
2) We usually play at late hours (around 8:00pm-1:00am PST) unless you're Exentryk. Thus, the evenings are the best time to try to get some GAFers playing.
3) GAF lobbies have an average level of 10K - 12K VR in terms of skill if we're all using our favorites characters. However, if we're using heavyweight characters, difficulty and skills are a bit higher so if you're getting your ass kicked in GAF rooms, don't worry; you don't suck, we just have no life. If you stick to GAF rooms, you'll be playing like a pro in no time. We all started like Steve Rogers at the Mario Kart Army.
4) GAF rooms usually require a minimum of 6 players to make the session enjoyable enough. However, that doesn't mean there's no one playing at all.
There are good GAFers doing WorldWide races in the meantime so join them there to let them know there are enough people to start a GAF room. Add PreyingShark to your friend list and join him through your Friend List/Recent Players section in the game **remember to ask first if they want to start a GAF room**

Want to be part of the NeoGAF Mario Kart 8 Community? Quote this post and look for the link below
******HERE:*****
You can also add friends and look at the whole spreadsheet clicking the link below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...YWxL_CiQRwLWfQAsgbynV80Nk8/edit#gid=783275929

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ibwZdXGJhxs8pX.png

ibsSbyQv5M1yEf.png

iL7l3zb4lTYEB.png
i0FAkUY7OVW9u.png

ibvMSyCNTPqf8H.png

i0CiRHoxjSvOP.png

ivPioX9e617vO.png

Do I need the main game to play on the new content?
-Yes, you do.

I purchased the DLC packs but I'm not longer interested in it, can I cancel my preorder?
-Yes you can, however, you need to contact Nintendo Costumer Servicie before the first DLC is released.
If you do not cancel in time there won't be a refund.

I live in the North Pole and want to download the DLC, what can I do?
-The DLC can be downloaded in regions where the Nintendo eShop is officially available.
Here's a list of all the countries with eShop support:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_eShop#Availability
You still can circumvent this issue (if your country is not listed) but you should know that content varies from regions,
DLC may or may not be available and to purchase content or add funds not all credit cards work.

Do I earn points in the Wii U Deluxe Digital Promotion by purchasing these DLC packs?
Yes, you earn points by purchasing them and they go towards your digital $5 gift card

Do Amiibos only unlock suits? Is there anything else?
Yes, they only unlock suits and no, there's nothing else.

I'd love to have all the Amiibo suits unlocked but I can't afford all the figures, what can I do?
As of the moment of this thread being posted, Amiibos are not tied to NNIDs. That means you can use them in different consoles and accounts.
If you have a friend, relative or acquaintance and he/she is kind enough, you can borrow all the compatible figures and scan them through
the Gamepad's NFC reader and unlock the suits in the game.

Exentryk

Let the salt flow!

—DLC FRANTIC RACING CODE
QUOTE TO SEE

^ This is the one we mostly play in. Frantic Mode.

For Normal Mode:

—DLC NORMAL RACING CODE
QUOTE TO SEE

Toon Link amiibo is also compatible with Mario Kart 8 but at this time it's unknown if it unlocks the same thing as the Link amiibo or not.

This is an amazing OT, especially for DLC, great job!

Really excited to get back into Mario Kart, and hearing the music of the tracks didn't help the wait...

DooD1234

Too bad I can't play with you guys tonight when it launches. Ah well GG and good night everybody from the Gaf Frantic room got a com error which is the game telling me to sleep.

jobrro

Still would have preferred a Princess Zelda over another Peach or Mario but that value of these DLC are incredible.

El Odio

Banned
I won't be able to hop into online till the 26th when I go back home but hopefully I should get the DLC download before then. I can't wait.

Fandangox

Gonna update this tomorrow at my college, wish I could play online though, I still need to get my revenge on some of the mariokartgaf folk.

Top Bottom