• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Avengers special editions and pre-order bonuses announced

Mista

Banned

Square Enix has announced “Earth’s Mightiest” and Deluxe editions for Marvel’s Avengers, which will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam alongside the standard edition on September 4. Pre-order bonuses were also announced.
Deluxe Edition ($79.99)

Marvels-Avengers_2020_02-13-20_002.jpg

• Exclusive “Obsidian Outfit” pack (six hero outfits)
  • Six exclusive “Obsidian” nameplates
  • 72 hours early access

Earth’s Mightiest Edition ($199.99)

Marvels-Avengers_2020_02-13-20_003.jpg

• Full color 12-inch statue of Captain America – Designed by the artisans at Gentle Giant, this deluxe high-quality PVC statue captures every texture and detail on Captain America’s uniform
  • A copy of the Deluxe Edition
  • Exclusive SteelBook case
  • Hulk bobblehead
  • Mjolnir key chain
  • Black Widow’s belt buckle
  • Iron Man’s Prototype Amor blueprints
  • Kamala Khan’s Honorary Avenger pin
  • Commemorative Avengers group photo
  • 72 hours early access before the September 4 release date
Pre-Order Bonuses

Users who pre-order any version of Marvel’s Avengers at participating retailers will receive guaranteed access to the beta, as well as a “Marvel Legacy Outfit” pack (inspired by moments from the comics that defined who each Super Hero was as they first embraced their powers to become the icons they are today) and an exlusive nameplate.

Users who pre-order any version of Marvel’s Avengers at participating retailers will also receive either a limited-edition pin set, patch set, digital comic book, or SteelBook designed by legendary Marvel artist Mark Brooks.

Users who pre-order any version of Marvel’s Avengers via the PlayStation Store will receive additional pre-order bonuses, including a Ms. Marvel “Talk to the Hand” emote and “Marvel’s Avengers: Hex Pattern Logo” dynamic theme. The exclusive Digital Edition on the PlayStation Store includes an exclusive Ms. Marvel nameplate and 1,000 credits which can be used towards Super Hero customizations. This edition also includes 72 hours early access when the game launches in September. PlayStation 4 players can also play the beta first when they pre-order any edition on the console.
Gematsu

Ovek

7Member7
Lol all that tat you get with the "Earth’s Mightiest Edition" looks like the crap you used to get out of loot crates and i'm pretty sure some of it actually is especially the Thor's hammer key chain. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

John Day

That Cap, i still don’t get used to him. I wanna see more of this game and see if it looks any better gameplay-wise.

D.Final

Banned

Square Enix has announced “Earth’s Mightiest” and Deluxe editions for Marvel’s Avengers, which will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam alongside the standard edition on September 4. Pre-order bonuses were also announced.

Gematsu

I can't wait to play it :messenger_smiling_hearts:
I think it will be very great to playing it.

TheSweeper

Aside from Cyberpunk 2077 this is the game I'm looking forward to most this year. It just looks like it's gonna be fun to play.

I'd have preferred a statue of a different character but I guess Cap is the most iconic one.

Hostile_18

Banned
The game seems confusing and unfocused..

The pre-order skus are a bit of a mess..

The game as a service model almost never works out.

And more than likely it will not be a objectively "good" game...

So for those reasons.... I'M IN, sign me up.

Sorry been a big MCU fan I just can't walk... Unlike Captain America 😭

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I keep wavering between expecting this to be awesome or awful. I’m playing Day One, regardless, but I just don’t know what to expect.

The pretty big positive for me at least is I loved the Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider reboot. I try to always give the benefit of the doubt when the past output is good. It feels like they have earned our trust.

Hostile_18

Banned
Publisher acknowledgement:

"You have my respect, customer. When I'm done, half of your wallet will still be alive. I hope your girlfriend remembers you..."

4hzltfq.jpg

Last edited:

icerock

It's the art direction which makes every character look weird, I know we're so accustomed to seeing MCU actors play these characters but there is uncanny valley vibe with almost all the faces. They don't look like they've been modeled after humans. Gameplay doesn't look too hot either.

Hopefully a Doctor Strange game from Remedy somehow comes to fruition, if not we'll have to make do with Spider-Man 2 I guess.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
It's the art direction which makes every character look weird, I know we're so accustomed to seeing MCU actors play these characters but there is uncanny valley vibe with almost all the faces. They don't look like they've been modeled after humans. Gameplay doesn't look too hot either.

Hopefully a Doctor Strange game from Remedy somehow comes to fruition, if not we'll have to make do with Spider-Man 2 I guess.

Exactly. Nobody had a problem with PS4 Spider-Man not looking like movie Spider-Man at all, because it was a cool looking character. These guys look like a Chinese Avengers knock-off.

lefty1117

Gold Member
I want to be into this game but there is just something with the way the characters look that's turning me off. Why couldn't they use the movie likenesses?

Everyone will play this. It's just a question of whether they'll play it day one, or in a year when it's $15. But you'll still play it.

I think I'm going to wait for the $15. But it'll be a fun time at that price.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'm super excited to see more of this game. Looks like it has a lot of fun potential. I'd love to see cross-play support, especially considering it's co-op.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
They're still pushing that Muslim chick comic fans don't care about, eh?

72 hours early access.......
Wow
Have you slept through last year? ;) Early access in exchange for paying more money has (unfortunately) become a popular thing among bigger releases.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This is gonna be the most mediocre game of 2020.

Top Bottom