• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered has released on Steam/Steam Deck | Digital Foundry Breakdown Review Released

yeah, speaking of which, most MIP BIAS values at 1080p/1440p is also broken. various textures do not load properly, most notably cloth and mesh textures

this is how otto's sweater will look like on most 1440p/1080p systems. i've reported all these issues to them , they don't seem to care at all, constantly asking me dxdiag and whether I use an HDD or SSD. lmao. I link them 10 seperate different Youtube gameplay videos where issue is present yet they still ask *me* to share dxdiag reports.

LOD biases at 1080p/1440p is semi broken, some things load correct, some things does not load correct. sometimes you can see face textures are not properly textured, until some time is past

there also huge "loading" lags PCs experience. alex and DF also failed to mentioned that.

here:

look at 13:13, game fails to load MJ's cloths for 7 seconds

(this is a rig with rtx 3090, i don't know the specifics)

ps5 has no problem;

0:56

I managed to detect same texture loading lag on DF's video themselves (they themselves failed to notice). on paper, PC loads very fast, but it takes nearly 7-9 seconds for building textures to load. this is not a singled out issue either, if you swing at fast speeds, most of the buildings will load ugly, low res textures overall

RL8jnU7.jpg
6PHbxma.jpg

let's hope DirectStorage arrives and actually does something useful. or else, situation looks dreadful for future of PC ports

A 28 billion transistor graphics card is getting outclassed by a supercharged secret sauce PS5, and there are more console ports to come from Sony, crazy.

daninthemix

yeah, speaking of which, most MIP BIAS values at 1080p/1440p is also broken. various textures do not load properly, most notably cloth and mesh textures

this is how otto's sweater will look like on most 1440p/1080p systems. i've reported all these issues to them , they don't seem to care at all, constantly asking me dxdiag and whether I use an HDD or SSD. lmao. I link them 10 seperate different Youtube gameplay videos where issue is present yet they still ask *me* to share dxdiag reports.

LOD biases at 1080p/1440p is semi broken, some things load correct, some things does not load correct. sometimes you can see face textures are not properly textured, until some time is past

there also huge "loading" lags PCs experience. alex and DF also failed to mentioned that.

here:

look at 13:13, game fails to load MJ's cloths for 7 seconds

(this is a rig with rtx 3090, i don't know the specifics)

ps5 has no problem;

0:56

I managed to detect same texture loading lag on DF's video themselves (they themselves failed to notice). on paper, PC loads very fast, but it takes nearly 7-9 seconds for building textures to load. this is not a singled out issue either, if you swing at fast speeds, most of the buildings will load ugly, low res textures overall

RL8jnU7.jpg
6PHbxma.jpg

let's hope DirectStorage arrives and actually does something useful. or else, situation looks dreadful for future of PC ports

I'm getting better results than you suggest on my Firecuda drive (I think its about 7400Mbps). However I have noticed the occasional LOD / MIP pop-in on building textures.

winjer

Gold Member
You cant beat effectiveness of consoles. Main graphics features are geometry textures and shaders not ray-tracing at all. Currently Demons Souls new Ratchet and Horizon are best games on this factors. Also in new games with ray-tracing 2060 is absolutely no match with ps5 and series x. Look at Matrix demo. New engines like Unreal engine 5 heavily optimised towards consoles.

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

OverHeat

« generous god »
You cant beat effectiveness of consoles. Main graphics features are geometry textures and shaders not ray-tracing at all. Currently Demons Souls new Ratchet and Horizon are best games on this factors. Also in new games with ray-tracing 2060 is absolutely no match with ps5 and series x. Look at Matrix demo. New engines like Unreal engine 5 heavily optimised towards consoles.
Never go full retard…

yamaci17

You cant beat effectiveness of consoles.

Angry Power GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

*with anisotropic filtering 4x to alleviate their poor little bandwidth

Struggling Weight Lifter GIF by South Park
you wont realistiaclly observe differences between 4x and 16x when you play from a couch, which is what consoles are targeted towards
16x af and 4x af creates a striking difference on monitors up close, because that is the nature of such screens, being more close to the screen you can observe more details.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
you wont realistiaclly observe differences between 4x and 16x when you play from a couch, which is what consoles are targeted towards
16x af and 4x af creates a striking difference on monitors up close, because that is the nature of such screens, being more close to the screen you can observe more details.

I still remember the console warring over DMC Playstation having worse AF then Xbox.
It was noticeable in screenshots, I’ll say that.

poodaddy

Gold Member
This is absolutely not true. Some of the weirdest apologizing for console shortcomings I've seen.

I love my Series X, my PSV, and my Switch, but let's pretend their flaws are somehow strengths.

yamaci17

This is absolutely not true. Some of the weirdest apologizing for console shortcomings I've seen.

I love my Series X, my PSV, and my Switch, but let's pretend their flaws are somehow strengths.
i dont see how is this console shortcoming
i'm pretty sure none of the consoles are yet to maximize their bandwidth. i'm not even apologising for consoles. this notion of "shared bandwidth so they need to set it at 4x!!1" does not convince me.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Damn couches. Making players not see properly/miss details of games since ever.

Even if it does, your PS5 edition is frozen at that performance.

His PC will only run the game better and better every time he upgrades it.

Hell, his next upgrade will blow well past what your PS5 does.
when the ps5 pro comes out all the current unlocked vrr modes will scale up (im suspecting a 100-120 fidelity mode on the system)

RoboFu

One of the green rats
But if you have to wait years for the pc port then you will grow old and eye will get so bad that you won’t even see the AF differences. 😂

yamaci17

here's another weird DF-esque experiment I've did

4 zen+ cores at 2.2 ghz (to emulate 8 jaguar cores at 1.1 ghz) at 2400 MHz DDR4. it ist a bit bumpy RT enabled. considering the API overheads and NVIDIA driver overhead, it is damn impressive

unlocked runs at 35+ frames mostly without ray tracing

i finally managed to to the youtube chapter thingy lol. wondered always why i never worked for me, turns out you have to start it at 0:00 (well I never guessed that would be the culprit)

Last edited:

hlm666

Anyone got some screens of ssao vs hbao+ now apparently it's fixed? Performs better/worse? Same patch was supposed improve dlss not sure on specifics.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's absolutely hilarious because my 3080 is only 2x more powerful than the PS5 but offers 4x-6x more performance in the Matrix demo. Consoles run it at 1080p 25 fps. My card runs it at native 4k 35-40 fps. The 12 GB version ran it at 40-45 fps.

bbr1979

Banned
Damn couches. Making players not see properly/miss details of games since ever.
Number of bugs on pc in every game million times more than consoles. So your point is not valid. Ratio performance quality what matters. And pcs areloosers here by big margin.

bbr1979

Banned
It's absolutely hilarious because my 3080 is only 2x more powerful than the PS5 but offers 4x-6x more performance in the Matrix demo. Consoles run it at 1080p 25 fps. My card runs it at native 4k 35-40 fps. The 12 GB version ran it at 40-45 fps.
Stop lying so hard and see df video and close your mouth/.

Banned
I find RT even in low settings is much better looking when swinging through the city.

the most important part, the buildings, are always there, so yeah.

with the normal reflection maps you only get buildings too, but they're all in thw wrong place and not perspectively correct.

RT even on the lowest possible settings should be better than no RT

Interfectum

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Interfectum

This is such a disingenuos comment, no one sees those during gameplay.
I have both a PS5 and PC hooked up to the same TV. There is no doubt the IQ on PC is much better. Even smaller titles that I can directly compare like Rocket League and Fall Guys, PC IQ is notably better. You can see it.

Pedro Motta

Sure. No one see sharp textures without native resolutions or at least DLSS. So if they put N64 textures everywhere no one would see differences too. /s

I have both a PS5 and PC hooked up to the same TV. There is no doubt the IQ on PC is much better. Even smaller titles that I can directly compare like Rocket League and Fall Guys, PC IQ is notably better. You can see it.
What are you both on about? Of course the IQ on PC can better, never said anything otherwise. I'm talking about the N64 texture quality reflections.

Top Bottom