• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel And DC Are Reportedly Fighting Over Keanu Reeves

Should Keanu join Marvell or DC?

• Total voters

Airbus Jr

Banned
images

2019 has seen Keanu Reeves ascend to legendary status as the internet’s new favorite actor, and after 35 years in the industry you can’t say that he doesn’t deserve it. Fresh from the success of John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, one of the year’s best blockbusters, a scene-stealing supporting role in billion-dollar smash-hit Toy Story 4 and a brilliantly self-aware cameo as himself in Netflix’s hit rom-com Always Be My Maybe, it seems as if the 55 year-old can do no wrong.

Reeves isn’t averse to revisiting his past glories either, having recently signed on to reprise the role of Neo in the fourth installment of The Matrix franchise, and is currently putting the finishing touches to Bill & Ted Face the Music, the long-delayed threequel that sees him playing Theodore ‘Ted’ Logan for the first time since 1991.

However, another of the actor’s less critically-acclaimed previous roles is reportedly causing tension between Marvel Studios and DC Films, with both studios desperate to land him for a high-profile comic book gig.
We reported the other day that DC and Warner Bros. were interested in bringing Reeves back into the DCEU as Constantine, almost 15 years after he first played the character in the divisive-yet-underrated supernatural comic book flick. If the studio are indeed intent on chasing Reeves to rejoin the fold, then that could cause some issues with Marvel, who haven’t been shy in admitting that they want the Speed and Point Break star as part of the MCU.

Kevin Feige claimed that he speaks to Reeves about almost every project that the studio develops and they’re just looking for the right part to offer him. The ‘Keanu Reeves to the MCU’ speculation has already seen the actor linked to Wolverine, Namor, Silver Surfer, Mister Fantastic, Shang-Chi, Adam Warlock and Moon Knight in recent times, and if DC managed to get the drop on their rivals and secure Reeves for one of their own comic book franchises, then that would give them huge bragging rights, given his recent surge in popularity. In fact, rumors have surfaced that say the whole reason WB is doing The Matrix 4 is to prevent Keanu from making any movies for Marvel and keep him around for a return as Constantine.

For now, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens, but if one thing’s abundantly clear, it’s that everyone in Hollywood seems to want to work with Keanu Reeves.
Source: Cosmic Book News

So what do you guys think should he joined Marvell or DC?

My opinion i want him to join DC so he can make a new Constantine movie

GreyHorace

Marvel. I'm sorry to say this but I was not a big fan of Keanu's Constantine. That was not the character from the comics I knew, and DC/Warner already has Matt Ryan, who plays Constantine in the short lived tv show and on the CW. He's also from the UK and actually looks like the character more than Keanu.

at81dpO-800x491.jpg

I'd be down for Keanu in a Marvel movie though. There have been rumors for years of him playing Adam Warlock in the third Guardians movie. That'd be a great part for him.

keanu-adam.jpg

Last edited:

GV82

I know he’s said he would like to revisit Constantine again in an interview and I think buzzfeed asked him what marvel character would he like to play and he said wolverine, shame he won’t get than chance since marvel would cast a youngster for that role.

Mista

Banned
I believe Keanu can do a very good villain role. Being known as the nice guy among everyone, nailing the villain role will be magnificent for him.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Marvel. I'm sorry to say this but I was not a big fan of Keanu's Constantine. That was not the character from the comics I knew, and DC/Warner already has Matt Ryan, who plays Constantine in the short lived tv show and on the CW. He's also from the UK and actually looks like the character more than Keanu.

at81dpO-800x491.jpg

I'd be down for Keanu in a Marvel movie though. There have been rumors for years of him playing Adam Warlock in the third Guardians movie. That'd be a great part for him.

keanu-adam.jpg

If youre looking for Adam Warlock this is the guy youre looking for

images

Keanu's Constantine is in the DC Universe though, just not Earth 1. It's explained in one of the Constantine novels with the normal British one.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
By the end of their contracts, Downey and Evans looked like they wanted to kill themselves in interviews.

He needs to make sure that he only signs on for one or two films. Max.

Hudo

He should just say no to both and do something else instead. UNLESS it's about a new Constantine movie. Constantine is one of my favourite "Comicbook movies" ever.

TimFL

By the end of their contracts, Downey and Evans looked like they wanted to kill themselves in interviews.

He needs to make sure that he only signs on for one or two films. Max.
Yeah, explains why they kept signing up for more flicks and renewing their contracts... :rolleyes:

KOMANI

KOMANI
If we’re talking about Del Toro’s Dark Justice League that starred Constantine, then that. But we’re not talking about that. And I don’t know what Marvel character Keanu can play. You cant give him a cosmo character like the Living Tribunal (remember Bram Stoker’s?). Id he could pull off a Mr. Fantastic, I’d like to see that. Too bad they can’t use Mads as Doctor Doom. They wasted him on Dr Strange.

I can't think of who he could play as....perhaps the MCU version of Magneto? (Middle Aged Version who is still Old School Magneto but will help the Avengers from a larger threat)

The only other original ones that were in the Avengers are Arkon (which sort of suits his looks), Starfox (since Thanos's Brother would like to know what happened to him) or possibly a rebooted Ghost Rider (unless Nicholas Cage wants to re-prise that role).

DC wise, they could do a sequel to Constantine but I would rather see him as either the next Batman or Green Lantern.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Regardless, Keanu Reeves's legacy is cemented in time. You got to get another Constantine yes but other characters could be just as interesting.

I'd like to see both but marvel would be the more "relevant" choice

Do a fun colorful movie with marvel then do a serious joker treatment type thing with DC

Shifty

I agree with OP, let him go to DC and fight sone demons.

Also lol Marvell. They make semiconductors:

vwomxxenxljtm144jtyn

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
He should honestly be old Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond film.

Aside from that another go at Constantine. He was really fucking good in that role.

Top Bottom