• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT4| Love You $22 Billion

So when was the Universal deal signed? What year? If the Hulk deal began with Ang Lee's Hulk; then the rights would've reverted in late 2019 or last year.

And yea it only applies to solo Hulk projects. Anything the Hulk appears in as a supporting character or TV show isn't covered under it.

Since they talked about Universal agreeing to similar terms as Paramount then I am assuming it was signed circa 2005 (Paramount signed their contract August 31, 2005) and after Ang Lee's Hulk. The last link I posted also mentions that they had just gotten production rights from Universal back and that was an investor's question in 2006. I'm fairly certain the deal was signed in 2005, but I don't know for sure. Again I'm quite possibly wrong here.

Someone asked me on a couple of other forums about when I think the rights revert and it is impossible to know for sure due to not knowing Hulk's pay window, but it's fair to assume Uni has recouped all the money and I think 2023 or 2025 would be the reversion date, the latter if Uni hasn't recouped their money yet, if my assumptions above are correct. Possibly 2025 because of this:

" if such third window has not been completed as of the expiration of the Initial Distribution Term provided that each U.S. Pay Television Exhibition window shall be no longer than five (5) years; subject to extension with respect to all rights other than U.S. Pay Television for an additional two (2) years from the end of the Initial Distribution Term if at the end of the Initial Distribution Term Paramount has not recouped its Distribution Costs and Expenses with respect to such Picture (the “Distribution Term”). "

Last edited:

sol_bad

I don't think it's too exciting if Marvel get the Hulk rights back, I don't think there isn't a huge amount of good Hulk stories to bring to the big screen. But who knows, if Marvel Studios do another Hulk film, they'll no doubt surprise us.

This is true. And even if I'm right and they are getting it back in the next 2-4 years we shouldn't expect any announcement or anything like that. They just got the rights back to the Netflix characters and didn't say anything.

Still though a World War Hulk or Immortal Hulk movie would be superb.

So when was the Universal deal signed? What year? If the Hulk deal began with Ang Lee's Hulk; then the rights would've reverted in late 2019 or last year.

And yea it only applies to solo Hulk projects. Anything the Hulk appears in as a supporting character or TV show isn't covered under it.
Found the date the Universal Hulk Agreement was signed. December 1st, 2005.

Universal Hulk Agreement” means that certain Rights Assignment and Distribution Agreement dated as of December 1, 2005 entered into between MCI, Marvel Studios and Universal Pictures, a division of Universal City Studios LLLP (“Universal Pictures”), with respect to the Marvel character known as “The Hulk”, as the same may from time to time be amended, supplemented or otherwise modified pursuant to the terms thereof with the written consent of the Control Party, such consent to be withheld (i) in the case of any Approvable Distribution Term Change, at the sole discretion of the Control Party, and (ii) in the case of any proposed modification or waiver to any other provisions, only in the event the Control Party determines, in its reasonable judgment, that such amendment, supplement, modification or waiver will have a material adverse effect on the rights of the Secured Parties or the Control Party under the Credit Agreement, or on the Control Party under the Transaction Documents taken as a whole and as in effect as of the Closing Date and only after the Control Party has advised MPROD in writing of the specific terms causing it to withhold its consent.

He definitely is. Many credible people have reported.
I tend to wait until I see it from official sources, so not confirmed to me.

Even if we say that then I can use another example because that's just semantics. Marvel got the rights to Blade back in 2012 and they are just now using him. They got the rights to Ghost Rider in 2013. And so on.

Jethalal

Banned
I tend to wait until I see it from official sources, so not confirmed to me.

Even if we say that then I can use another example because that's just semantics. Marvel got the rights to Blade back in 2012 and they are just now using him. They got the rights to Ghost Rider in 2013. And so on.
I don't remember any reliable scooper or leaker talking about a Blade movie but Charles Murphy reported on this and he is one of the most reliable leaker there is, he even leaked
Evan Peters coming on WV which was confirmed by the voice actor by mistake

ManaByte

I don't remember any reliable scooper or leaker talking about a Blade movie but Charles Murphy reported on this and he is one of the most reliable leaker there is, he even leaked

Then again he claimed Remy Hii was playing Shang-Chi in Far From Home.

Jethalal

Banned
Then again he claimed Remy Hii was playing Shang-Chi in Far From Home.
Everyone has some thing right or wrong, you got Eternals but you even got Avengers: Annihilation. Charles has been pretty spot on about most stuff. He even got the Moon Knight casting wrong.

ManaByte

Everyone has some thing right or wrong, you got Eternals but you even got Avengers: Annihilation. Charles has been pretty spot on about most stuff. He even got the Moon Knight casting wrong.

Trolls like you like to bring up Avengers (go back to Resetera).

I got Eternals, Hawkeye, the Nick Fury series (even when Slashfilm went out of their way to debunk it), the five-year time jump in Endgame, Katherine Langford's role in Endgame (when all other scoopers were claiming she was Kate Bishop), the twins in WandaVision, Iron Heart (which hoaxer scoopers tried to steal as a "exclusive" last year despite me posting it in 2019). And then back in July I was able to back up Illuminerdi when they got the word that Hailee signed on (she signed her contract on July 27th, Illuminerdi heard she was meeting with Marvel that day and then I heard when she signed on the dotted line) despite every fake Twitter "scooper" spending almost six months claiming it was false and some unknown would be cast as Kate.

Last edited:

Jethalal

Banned
Trolls like you like to bring up Avengers (go back to Resetera).

I got Eternals, Hawkeye, the Nick Fury series (even when Slashfilm went out of their way to debunk it), the five-year time jump in Endgame, Katherine Langford's role in Endgame (when all other scoopers were claiming she was Kate Bishop), the twins in WandaVision, Iron Heart (which hoaxer scoopers tried to steal as a "exclusive" last year despite me posting it in 2019). And then back in July I was able to back up Illuminerdi when they got the word that Hailee signed on (she signed her contract on July 27th, Illuminerdi heard she was meeting with Marvel that day and then I heard when she signed on the dotted line) despite every fake Twitter "scooper" spending almost six months claiming it was false and some unknown would be cast as Kate.
How am I trolling? I know all of those, I have been following all the scoopers like since 2016, I was just pointing out how everyone has some bad info sometimes. Nothing too shocking or anything. If you think I'm a troll then you are free to block me.

I don't believe or trust any so called "insiders" or "scoopers".

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If I can be horny for a minute... Why is a babe like Kat Dennings in a support role and not in a skintight hero or villain costume? She has more of a comic book body than anyone else they've cast. Put her as the Enchantress or something. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Last edited:

sol_bad

If I can be horny for a minute... Why is a babe like Kat Dennings in a support role and not in a skintight hero or villain costume? She has more of a comic book body than anyone else they've cast. Put her as the Enchantress or something. I'd buy that for a dollar.

She was already Darcy in the Thor movies. I honestly can't imagine her leading a movie to be honest though.
I do like how she is a much more serious character in WandaVision compared to her roles in Thor.

ManaByte

The Falcon and Winter Soldier Topps Cards:
EtJkfogXMAErPun

EtJkgJ-XEA8JDw6

EtJkha6XcAYldhb

EtJkhbJXcAAEtlL

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So we had that big cameo in the last Wandavison episode. I think I saw a rumor somewhere that another much bigger cameo is in the cards. What do you guys think? Magneto?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I rewatched Age of Ultron. Maybe it's because of my enthusiasm for WandaVision, but it's better than I remember having seen it only once opening night in the theater.

I've also been taking a closer look at what is cooking in the MCU and I have to say Shang-Chi seems most interesting to me because I want to see how Feige and crew deal with what is essentially a modern Kung-Fu movie. I am also holding out hope that Daredevil or even Elektra somehow make an appearance.

sol_bad

I rewatched Age of Ultron. Maybe it's because of my enthusiasm for WandaVision, but it's better than I remember having seen it only once opening night in the theater.

I've also been taking a closer look at what is cooking in the MCU and I have to say Shang-Chi seems most interesting to me because I want to see how Feige and crew deal with what is essentially a modern Kung-Fu movie. I am also holding out hope that Daredevil or even Elektra somehow make an appearance.

I'm curious to see how the Mandarin ties in with the Ten Ring terrorists from Iron Man 1.

Simu Liu, the star of the movie shared a little video he and his stunt team put together. It's a fun little video.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Well in Hail to the King they break Trevor out of prison to take him to the REAL Mandarin.

Ya, I'm curious to see why Mandarin didn't kill Aldrich Killian or something earlier, surely he knew who was pulling the strings from behind.
Hell, why does Mandarin want Trevor now when it would be obvious from news reports that he is just an actoooorrr.
LOL
I really hope Tervor Slattery is in Shang Chi.
^_^

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I expect Hailee Steinfeld's star to rise swiftly from this casting. She's going to be everywhere come this time next year.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
WandaVision is probably top 5 MCU material already. So good.
I think the new format is going to do wonders for the MCU. Funny enough, it's actually closer in nature to the comic books, where you have smaller, bite-size chunks with cliffhangers.

The most formulaic thing about the MCU is the three-act structure that relies on building up to a cgi-filled climax. I think we're ready to be done with that, for the most part.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I have never been interested in an X-Men TV show. The budgets never seemed to allow for what needed to happen in these types of shows. Not even with the look of Game of Thrones, I still felt the budget wasn't there. But with WandaVision and the visual spectacle of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, damn, I am 100% A-OK with an X-men series now.

We are getting Hollywood film sized budgets but with more story telling time they can really flesh out these characters. And characterisation is something that Marvel Studios absolutely exceeds at.

*EDIT*
Over on ResetEra I read a Twiiter post saying that Eternals has been shown and people have been blown away. Nomadland is a great film so I hope it is true.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Maybe one of you could be so kind as to educate me but wtf is the deal with Falcon? Is he not simply an ordinary human with a wing suit? No super powers whatsoever, no superhuman reflexes or strength yet seemingly holding his own against an actual super soldier and the rest of the avenger's... Or did I miss the scene where he drank some serums

sol_bad

Maybe one of you could be so kind as to educate me but wtf is the deal with Falcon? Is he not simply an ordinary human with a wing suit? No super powers whatsoever, no superhuman reflexes or strength yet seemingly holding his own against an actual super soldier and the rest of the avenger's... Or did I miss the scene where he drank some serums

He is just human, like Black Widow and Hawkeye.
:)

Top Bottom