• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Games’ Vice President And Troy Baker Hints At A Potential Daredevil Game

Bullet Club

Marvel Games’ Vice President And Troy Baker Hints At A Potential Daredevil Game

Man Without Fear.

Marvel Games has been killing it with their AAA video games lately. From Spider-Man PS4 to now Marvel’s Avengers from Crystal Dynamics, fans are really looking forward to more superhero games in the next-gen of gaming. Speaking of super-heroes, many fans have been asking for a while now about a Daredevil game. And earlier this year in March, we reported that a potential Daredevil game could actually be in development as per a 4chan leak. But, since it came from 4chan, most of the signs pointed towards it being the false leak.

Earlier today, Troy Baker, a well-known voice actor known for portraying his role in many video games, put out a tweet tagging Marvel Games’ VP, Bill Rosemann. To which, Rosemann replied, “You, sir, are clearly a man without fear.” Well, if you’re a Daredevil fan, you would know that there are many aliases of Matt Murdock including Jack Batlin, Mike Murdock, Scarlet Swashbuckler, God Without Fear, and of course, Man Without Fear. You can check out the tweet below:

The previous 4chan leak suggested that it’s an open-world title with a very dark “Noir-style detective” gameplay. The combat system is fairly similar to Batman’s Arkham series (which is understandable). According to the leak, the villain featuring in this game is Bullseye. The game is aiming for a release in late 2021 or even 2022 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PC. The leak also suggested that there’s a Wolverine game also in development that is “not” an open-world title which might get a release in 2-3 years from now.

With other major titles from Marvel Games making their way on current-gen consoles, it wouldn’t come to surprise if Marvel would want to make more video games featuring their super-heroes or other comic characters. What are your thoughts on this? Would you like a Daredevil game?

Source: The Game Post

GreyHorace

I suggest they keep it a grounded street level superhero game in the same tone as the Netflix series. Most people will know THAT incarnation of Daredevil rather than the comic or that lameass movie. But emphasize elements unique to the character so that he doesn't come off like a weaker Spider-Man or a red clad Batman. Elements like:

Daredevil's enhanced senses and radar sense - This could function much like Batman's detective vision in the Arkham games, except that was primarily visual whilst Davredevil's radar sense combined with his enhanced hearing can capture even the most subtle audio cues. Gameplay should be designed around his super senses in terms of traversal and combat.

Daredevil as a lawyer - I hope we get sections where we get to see Matt Murdock practicing his craft as an attorney at law. And during scenes in court he can use his enhanced senses to gain an advantage, such as using his hearing to detect a quickening heartbeat, which indicates a lie.

Fawst

Banned
I suggest they keep it a grounded street level superhero game in the same tone as the Netflix series. Most people will know THAT incarnation of Daredevil rather than the comic or that lameass movie. But emphasize elements unique to the character so that he doesn't come off like a weaker Spider-Man or a red clad Batman. Elements like:

Daredevil's enhanced senses and radar sense - This could function much like Batman's detective vision in the Arkham games, except that was primarily visual whilst Davredevil's radar sense combined with his enhanced hearing can capture even the most subtle audio cues. Gameplay should be designed around his super senses in terms of traversal and combat.

Daredevil as a lawyer - I hope we get sections where we get to see Matt Murdock practicing his craft as an attorney at law. And during scenes in court he can use his enhanced senses to gain an advantage, such as using his hearing to detect a quickening heartbeat, which indicates a lie.

My immediate reaction to the headline was “it better let me put the thugs I beat the shit out of on trial.”

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"Have been killing it lately"...

Only one game has come out which was fantastic, the other looks like a bunch of Cosplayer's on Hollywood Blvd.

Thurible

XENA.gif

DonJorginho

Banned
Troy is an amazing VA but I'd rather see someone different given a crack at it, we need some new blood to come in and I bet there's plenty of people that could do a great job in the role.

I've gotten burnt out with Troy, however he's good enough to always drag me back in.

And as long as Crystal Dynamics have no hand involved in this project then I have faith it will be amazing!

Kagey K

Banned
Hopefully Marvel have properly worked out their licensing this time so Dardevil can use Kingpin, and Sony can’t say “We we’re going to use Kingpin, he’s a Spider-Man villan” similar to what happened with Silver Surfer and Galactus with Fantastic Four.

Baker has been in a LOT of stuff to the point where it's become kind of a joke. But I have a hard time being upset about that, since I've met him a couple times and he seems like a cool, genuine dude. Same with Nolan North.

Problem is voice acting is a tougher gig than a lot of people think and it's hard to make a living and a name for yourself.

A.Romero

I think a Punisher game would have much more appeal.

I'm up for DD as long as they make it different enough to Batman and Spiderman.

Kagey K

Banned
I think a Punisher game would have much more appeal.

I'm up for DD as long as they make it different enough to Batman and Spiderman.
Fuck Punisher, he sucks. Ghost Rider is the game they should have made.

Part Road Rash part Batman. Could have been awesome.

I would love to have a Daredevil game but don't know how it would turn out if it's first-person title.
I really can't see that myself.
I hope they get to realize their vision though.
People are often blind for innovative ideas until they get hands-on time themselves.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
A Daredevil game would be pretty cool on the PS5 if the 3D audio stuff is as good as they say it is. That would limit the gameplay somewhat though, if it's headphones only 🤔

Problem is voice acting is a tougher gig than a lot of people think and it's hard to make a living and a name for yourself.
Seen a few friends try and fail. Yeah it's not for everyone.

Arkam

Unless there is some new awesome 3d sound based gameplay or at minimum a completely new and impressive visual style to represent "seeing through DD's eyes". Without this it is a hard pass. DD as an IP never did squat for me. But we shall see what they produce.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'm not saying Daredevil isn't great but once I see a Super Man game it will elevate super hero games forever.

RPS37

Unless there is some new awesome 3d sound based gameplay or at minimum a completely new and impressive visual style to represent "seeing through DD's eyes". Without this it is a hard pass. DD as an IP never did squat for me. But we shall see what they produce.
This is kind of what I was trying to say without saying anything.

Top Bottom