• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel reportedly working on a new game and IP with EA for PS5, PS4

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Marvel should form their own array of stellar studios and develop their games, instead of this licensing crap.
Why sink costs with high failure rates in doing so historically, when they can just sit back and collect royalty revenue off their IPs.

Last edited:
Uhh, what? Can you link this? And who's this "Nick"?

Someone posted once some DMs between Jeff Grubb and Nick Shepizal (don’t know how to spell it I’m sorry). Basically Grubb and Nick were discussing that Kojima Xbox game and Nick said he wasn’t surprised because of Kojimas fallout with Sony which lead to Yoshidas demotion. I’ll try to find the post but hopefully somebody knows what I’m talking about.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Someone posted once some DMs between Jeff Grubb and Nick Shepizal (don’t know how to spell it I’m sorry). Basically Grubb and Nick were discussing that Kojima Xbox game and Nick said he wasn’t surprised because of Kojimas fallout with Sony which lead to Yoshidas demotion. I’ll try to find the post but hopefully somebody knows what I’m talking about.
Juicy.

Imagine that! Sony sidelining Yoshida because of some imaginary conflict with Kojima...You can't make that shit up...Well, you apparently can, in this instance.
Nick might very well have had a handful of solid info, but they are like islands in an ocean of bullshit.

Honestly I’m just wondering if he made it up or where the heck he got that from. Either way it did seem fabricated to me based off what we saw from KojiPro. Don’t think they would ever work with Sony again if their relationship was that bad. Kojipro says they still have a good relationship with Sony so I don’t believe that actually happened.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Imagine that! Sony sidelining Yoshida because of some imaginary conflict with Kojima...You can't make that shit up...Well, you apparently can, in this instance.
Nick might very well have had a handful of solid info, but they are like islands in an ocean of bullshit.
Honestly I’m just wondering if he made it up or where the heck he got that from. Either way it did seem fabricated to me based off what we saw from KojiPro. Don’t think they would ever work with Sony again if their relationship was that bad. Kojipro says they still have a good relationship with Sony so I don’t believe that actually happened.
I think is just convenient leap of logic form Xbox-centric 'insiders'.

reminder thats theres 1000s of superheroes and villains....and we pretty much just get games with the same 30 ppl
1000s of superheroes and villains, most of which are just variations of on the same dozen or so powers/archetypes.
You can't tell me there's 1000s of them and even a majority has unique kind of powers or stories. It's like No Man's Sky's planets.

The moment you have "super" and "heroes", it's implied there's gonna be super powers of some sort, and they're gonna be saving people, possibly in some tacky outfits, and most likely in a city setting. Unless it's an intentional deconstruction like The Incredibles, Megamind, Kick Ass, Invincible, or The Boys. But even these are getting boring because there's the point of superheroes is straight power fantasy, static identities, clear moral boundaries of right and wrong, helplessness of normal people, and deus ex machina from reality that's too cruel.

I'd much rather have morally grey stories involving nuanced, evolving characters who don't emblazon their purpose on their chest, thank you very much.

Yeah and my dick is huge.
Animated GIF

Lupin25

Seems Disney/Marvel want any and all takers to produce with their IP. After The Avengers, you would think they’d be a bit more cautious. Outside of having deep pockets, I’m not sure EA suits them.

1000s of superheroes and villains, most of which are just variations of on the same dozen or so powers/archetypes.
You can't tell me there's 1000s of them and even a majority has unique kind of powers or stories. It's like No Man's Sky's planets.

The moment you have "super" and "heroes", it's implied there's gonna be super powers of some sort, and they're gonna be saving people, possibly in some tacky outfits, and most likely in a city setting. Unless it's an intentional deconstruction like The Incredibles, Megamind, Kick Ass, Invincible, or The Boys. But even these are getting boring because there's the point of superheroes is straight power fantasy, static identities, clear moral boundaries of right and wrong, helplessness of normal people, and deus ex machina from reality that's too cruel.

I'd much rather have morally grey stories involving nuanced, evolving characters who don't emblazon their purpose on their chest, thank you very much.
Super powers involved with super heros??11?

You're right, I want to play a rural super hero game where.... You don't have super powers, sounds fun!

And don't be a retard by claiming that super heros don't have morally Grey stories, the mcu and DC universe barely scratch the surface of what's available, just off the top of my head go watch blade, deadpool, Logan, punisher, watchmen, venom, catwoman (ok don't watch the last 2), and that's just scratching the surface you Muppet

SSfox

Lame, Spiderman 2 and Wolverine are gonna be enough for Marvel games for this console generation.

I’m surprised with how popular Deadpool was when the movies came out they didn’t release a new game, the one that release before the movies wasn’t that good.

Top Bottom