• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Snap |OT| Unleash your inner Venom

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
marvel-snap-890x500.jpg

How come this doesn't have an OT?

Anyway, this is my newest obsession scratching really well that card game itch. For the record I mostly hate superheroes, so that tells you something about how good this game is. A few key characteristics:

1. Games are short - they last 6 turns only, you also draw 3 cards at the beginning + 1 each turn. No mulligans.

2. All cards are gathered by playing the game, you cannot buy booster packs. There are some that are exclusive to Battle Pass but they will rotate into regular card pool after 2 months.

3. What currencies there are and how are they spend? There are Credits and Gold. Credits are spent on upgrading cards (you need them and corresponding boosters for that specific card). You can also buy boosters for Credits but only for 3 specific cards in your deck every 6 hours. Credits can be bought for Gold as well, but why would you? You have enough by just playing the game.

Gold can be bought with real money. It is spend in rerolling the missions given to you as well as buying Variants - a different art for the cards you own (Chibi, Old Man Hawkeye, etc.)

Who else is playing?

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I'm addicted to it

Bought the 3.99 pack just because of how many hours I've put in.
Didn't get that yet, but I got 10€ Battle Pass, pennies even if I have to do it each month. I'm up to Level 39 now so I should comfortably reach 50 before Season ends.

mrmeh

Also enjoying this, my win rate must be 80-90% which has left me wondering why so many people suck so badly, even those people with cards I have not yet acquired still suck hard. Not spent anything on it.

Also enjoying this, my win rate must be 80-90% which has left me wondering why so many people suck so badly, even those people with cards I have not yet acquired still suck hard. Not spent anything on it.
Are you still playing against bots?

Btw, how’s everyone feeling about this now? Does it have legs/depth for the long haul? Thinking about giving it a real go cause decking building & time commitment for MTGA is proving difficult

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just recently download this and it's been really fun.

I love how short the matches are. Currently at 125 Collection Level, and have 6 different decks made.

Favorites so far are my Ongoing and Destroy deck. Just made a deck that is about stealing opponents cards too.

-

Also, is there no way to practice against a bot? Would be nice to try out new decks and cards.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

The tokens have changed the game tbh

Also shown how money grabby they are. Still love the game but the prices are crazy.

Fox Mulder

Yeah you hit a level where you no longer get guaranteed new cards and the tokens trickle out 100 at a time with new cards costing 3000 and 6000 tokens.

I know it’s f2p and I’ve had fun, but the bundle prices are insane.

Yeah you hit a level where you no longer get guaranteed new cards and the tokens trickle out 100 at a time with new cards costing 3000 and 6000 tokens.

I know it’s f2p and I’ve had fun, but the bundle prices are insane.
This is what I am looking for, more late game opinions. A lot of mobile games are set up to be very engaging, fun, and rewarding early on but then a brick wall is hit hours later.

The same thing happened with me on that other Marvel mobile game that not many are talking about anymore(The story driven turn based RPG). In that case I found it to be worse than what I'm reading about Marvel Snap, because I wasn't even able to finish the main story without a massive amount of grind or payments.

Coconutt

Games great but yeah big no from me dawg those bundle prices are outrageous. Season pass is still worth it though and the only thing I would recommending spending real money on.

Davevil

I'm addicted...but as you level up the cards start to run out and it miss a real single player campaign

mxbison

I'm at collection level 360 and rank 56. It's a great game but they really could've made the progression curve a bit smoother. It went from super fast to super slow pretty quickly.

Also holy fuck Moon Girl + Dino are stupid, and I'm facing them in almost every game. I really hope I get some better counters to that garbage soon.

Turn 1: who cares lol
Turn 2: who cares lol
Turn 3: who cares lol
Turn 4: Moon Girl
Turn 5: Dino
Turn 6: Dino

Some real giga brain stuff right there.

Coconutt

I'm at collection level 360 and rank 56. It's a great game but they really could've made the progression curve a bit smoother. It went from super fast to super slow pretty quickly.

Also holy fuck Moon Girl + Dino are stupid, and I'm facing them in almost every game. I really hope I get some better counters to that garbage soon.

At CL 1100 and you don't need to worry about Devil Dino, barely shows up as you get series 3 , 4, and 5 cards.

MMaRsu

Banned

My deck has Mystique + dino and shang shi, its way better + Magik

That way you can Magik on turn 5, Dino on turn 6 and then Mystique + Moon girl or Mystique + shang shi on turn 7

Fox Mulder

Gotta hit them with enchantress, Shang chi, or cosmo. Leech is in pool 2. Doc Oc will also pull cards from their deck which they need full for Dino. Aero can pull their cards to a location you want.

Raphael

Do you guys grind season levels when no missions available?

I burn through the missions once they are available but then find myself not wanting to play much if im not progressing towards any boxes. The experiance you get for the season for just playing is very small.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I play a few times throughout the day to do missions and challenges, but not beyond that. The whole rank system and winning or losing is pointless.

Also two times today where the game lags/has connection issues and then skips my turn. Really annoying.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Do you guys grind season levels when no missions available?

I burn through the missions once they are available but then find myself not wanting to play much if im not progressing towards any boxes. The experiance you get for the season for just playing is very small.

All the YouTubers are about getting to infinite for clicks, but seems pretty pointless. I usually have more than enough gold to keep missions refilled.

I am winning a ton with a patriot ultron deck.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Playing since October more or less, good game but be careful to take it too serious, not worth to eat your brain playing it cause of rng.
Yeah, this is true. I constantly make new decks and try to make crazy combos.

Favorite thing in the game though is watching opponents rage quit when I put out an Armor and ruin their Destroy deck.

MMaRsu

Banned
Please post. It's amazing that every time I switch decks suddenly I'm going up against perfect counters to it. This game has some of the most jank matchmaking I've ever seen...
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Super-Skrull
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Magik
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVUaWdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWJpbGVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWdpayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNck5lZ2F0aXZlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdXBlclNrcnVsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Its a really good deck for trapping people and thinking you have no hand then on turn 6 or 7 you let loose a sick combo

R6Rider

Gold Member
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Super-Skrull
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Magik
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVUaWdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWJpbGVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWdpayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNck5lZ2F0aXZlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdXBlclNrcnVsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Its a really good deck for trapping people and thinking you have no hand then on turn 6 or 7 you let loose a sick combo
I've had a Mr Negative deck wip saved, but I'm missing most of these cards that make it work.

Ce'Nedra

Neo Member
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Super-Skrull
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Magik
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
#

I was gonna call you lucky because Mr Negative decks does not usually work nowadays due depending a lot on Mr Negative. But that Dino and Zola are terrifying.

Hoppa

Been playing actively since the Black Panther season. Mr.Negative deck is so fun but rng always fucks me over even with Zabu and Psylocke. I’ve had the most success recently with this Doomwave deck but I only started using it at the end of last season

xqnhVAg.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
At least for me I was able to get all the cards that dropped from series 4 to 3 within a week, it was only 3 cards Orca, Attuma and Mbaku for the latest series drop.
Damn yeah I have all of those already lol..

Shit sucks! I want a new card lmao. Since I hit all series 3 cards, I havent gotten a new card except Bast lol. Opened at least 20/30 collectors caches.. :(

Ce'Nedra

Neo Member
Are you also gonna buy the new pass? I won't, because seeing that Shuri decks are being used by the 90% of people, not tryiharding really hard on the game.

MMaRsu

Banned
Are you also gonna buy the new pass? I won't, because seeing that Shuri decks are being used by the 90% of people, not tryiharding really hard on the game.
I buy each pass at the end of the month wgen my paycheck comes :) its usually worth it variants/credits/gold wise

MMaRsu

Banned
I was gonna call you lucky because Mr Negative decks does not usually work nowadays due depending a lot on Mr Negative. But that Dino and Zola are terrifying.
Yeah this basically doubles as my old Dino/Moon girl replacement deck. If I cant pull off a Mr Negative combo, Im still able to pull off a Dino combo with Magik (T5)+Dino(T6)+Mystique/Moon Girl on turn 7

Ce'Nedra

Neo Member
Yeah this basically doubles as my old Dino/Moon girl replacement deck. If I cant pull off a Mr Negative combo, Im still able to pull off a Dino combo with Magik (T5)+Dino(T6)+Mystique/Moon Girl on turn 7
Started using a Darkhawk + Dino and damn, so much fun must say. This is the deck I am using:

Korg
Quinjet
Zabu
Mystique
Cosmo
Agent Coulson
Darkhawk
Shang-Chi
Moon Girl
Rock Slide
Devl Dinosaur
She-Hulk

it’s the best card game I’ve played since MTG as a kid. Amazing. I love it. Started last month and am almost to CL 1,000, so pool 3 almost done.

Lately have been playing a Discard deck, but slowing collecting the finals cards for a proper Patriot Ultron. I have Thanos too, saved up the 6000 tokens, and have to say his decks are extremely underwhelming, apparently he was nerfed and it shows. All that said, I freaking love the game, haven’t missed any dailies since I started. I don’t play much after my dailies are done tho, sitting around the mid 50s now, will make it to 60 for the mystery variant and call it good, don’t care for avatars or card backs that much.

Hoppa

it’s the best card game I’ve played since MTG as a kid. Amazing. I love it. Started last month and am almost to CL 1,000, so pool 3 almost done.

Lately have been playing a Discard deck, but slowing collecting the finals cards for a proper Patriot Ultron. I have Thanos too, saved up the 6000 tokens, and have to say his decks are extremely underwhelming, apparently he was nerfed and it shows. All that said, I freaking love the game, haven’t missed any dailies since I started. I don’t play much after my dailies are done tho, sitting around the mid 50s now, will make it to 60 for the mystery variant and call it good, don’t care for avatars or card backs that much.
Mate I didn’t complete pool 3 until like CL 3,500 lol but I was quite fortunate and pulled the effective ones early and got a lot of pool 4/5 and Galactus along the way.

Have been curious about Thanos but not enough to spend tokens. It took so damn long to get to 6k!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom