• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios’ Ms. Marvel | Official Trailer | Disney+

sol_bad

It's on Disney Plus right now. It's not in most theaters in the west. Unless you're a bloke, Aussie or Kiwi.

I'm Aussie and it's on Disney+ in Australia. But I'm currently in the Philippines until the end of March, no Disney+ at all here so it's available at the cinema. Which is a great bonus of being here ATM.
:)

*EDIT*
And not surprising that this trailer gets so much negative heat here where as the rest of the internet is far more positive about it.

Last edited:

Doom85

*EDIT*
And not surprising that this trailer gets so much negative heat here where as the rest of the internet is far more positive about it.

Yeah, I don’t get the need for EVERYTHING to be dark. Hell, considering Ant-man 1 was originally going for a very different tone and they changed direction to make it “fit” better in the MCU and fans bemoaned not giving the original vision a chance, one would think different styles and tones would be more welcome. Regardless, glad the D+ shows like this and WandaVision seem to be granted more freedom in being less conventional. And again, Moon Knight is coming out soon so the dark stuff will be present as well.

Hell, the DC films of the last few years have been praised for showing more freedom in variety. Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman have more MCU film tones but then Joker and The Batman are much more dark and then with The Suicide Squad they just go full blown dark comedy and gory action.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Anyone remember that quietly dismissed comic with the gay non binary duo and the Hot Topic vampire? This reminds me of that put to live action.

Is Kamala her name in the comic canon? I can't.

sol_bad

Yeah, I don’t get the need for EVERYTHING to be dark. Hell, considering Ant-man 1 was originally going for a very different tone and they changed direction to make it “fit” better in the MCU and fans bemoaned not giving the original vision a chance, one would think different styles and tones would be more welcome. Regardless, glad the D+ shows like this and WandaVision seem to be granted more freedom in being less conventional. And again, Moon Knight is coming out soon so the dark stuff will be present as well.

Hell, the DC films of the last few years have been praised for showing more freedom in variety. Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman have more MCU film tones but then Joker and The Batman are much more dark and then with The Suicide Squad they just go full blown dark comedy and gory action.

Sometimes Marvel just can't win with some people. They complain that the MCU is all the same, then when they do something different (Ragnarok/Eternals/Wandavision/Loki) they say it "wasn't for them".

Man, I saw someone on FB saying they don't "identify" with being a young girl so they won't watch this. I'm betting he would be the same type of person that complains about POC and LGBTQ communities wanting characters representing them and saying it's stupid that they can't "identify" with straight white people.

Kamala Khan yes, what's wrong with it?

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Looks terrible, but I am far away from the demographic, so my opinion doesn't mean anything.

Anyone can enjoy any movie. I'm not the target of most Pixar movies but i love almost all of them... Even Turning Red! I'm sure you've liked plenty of movies that had all black casts or bollywood movies.

I'm sure I'll like this one!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Anyone remember that quietly dismissed comic with the gay non binary duo and the Hot Topic vampire? This reminds me of that put to live action.

Not like the VP... It's pronounced different.

This doesn't seem anything like that dumb comic team. Ms. Marvel is a really good comic book. Only took a dive when it tied in with Civil War II.

Trunx81

Marvel Pixars „Turning Red 2 - Turning Superhero“

Will surely appeal to young girls. The rest - not so sure.

bitbydeath

*EDIT*
Here we go, something for everyone.
first-trailer-disneys-ms-marvel-series.jpg

I'm Aussie and it's on Disney+ in Australia. But I'm currently in the Philippines until the end of March, no Disney+ at all here so it's available at the cinema. Which is a great bonus of being here ATM.
:)

*EDIT*
Wow, you scoured the whole internet for reactions? Damn., you must be really protective of this show.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Wait... You think she isn't fat?!?!
Dude... You're scaring me. If you think SHE'S fat, I'd hate to see what you think slim looks like.

Her clothes are SUPPOSED to hide her figure, making her look bigger than she is. She's a Pakistani-American character... Their culture emphasizes modesty, unlike mainstream American culture which emphasizes showing your whole body.

Boss Mog

Dude... You're scaring me. If you think SHE'S fat, I'd hate to see what you think slim looks like.

Her clothes are SUPPOSED to hide her figure, making her look bigger than she is. She's a Pakistani-American character... Their culture emphasizes modesty, unlike mainstream American culture which emphasizes showing your whole body.
She's fat and being pakistani has nothing to do with it. The only reason that I can see for somebody not to see her as fat is somebody who is conditioned by American standards in which so many people are obese. Compared to obese people I suppose she is "slim", but compared to what a woman of her height should weigh, she is overweight, period. You can quote me all the propaganda you want about how being fat is "healthy" it won't change the fact that she is overweight.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
She's fat and being pakistani has nothing to do with it. The only reason that I can see for somebody not to see her as fat is somebody who is conditioned by American standards in which so many people are obese. Compared to obese people I suppose she is "slim", but compared to what a woman of her height should weigh, she is overweight, period. You can quote me all the propaganda you want about how being fat is "healthy" it won't change the fact that she is overweight.

You misread everything i wrote or didn't read it at all. And totally dismissed the picture i posted of her that shows she isn't fat.

This feels like poligaf all over again. Yeah, not engaging with you anymore.

Boss Mog

You misread everything i wrote or didn't read it at all. And totally dismissed the picture i posted of her that shows she isn't fat.

This feels like poligaf all over again. Yeah, not engaging with you anymore.
I just think we just have a different definition of the word "fat". I think it means being overweight and you think it means being obese.

YukiOnna

Not feeling it at all. Looks like Loki Season 2 and Moon Knight remain the only ones I care about. Hope they still have Wolverine and Spider-Man show up since I remember they do in the comics at least.

Are we expecting a Thor trailer anytime soon? Surprised this came before that.

sol_bad

Won't even waste my time watching. Whenever a new MCU movie or show is released, this guy is no doubt going to be posted trying to prove some point that doesn't really exist.

Won't even waste my time watching. Whenever a new MCU movie or show is released, this guy is no doubt going to be posted trying to prove some point that doesn't really exist.
I thought you were talking about the show. But I thought - hang on - sol_bad not watching and loving a Disney show. That is not possible.

Top Bottom