• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy PS5 4K 60FPS Gameplay - First look

faisalasif

Marvel gave Eidos-Montréal the green light to reimagine the Guardians of the Galaxy, designing their looks to put our own spin on characters you know and love. If you’re a fan of the Guardians from the comics, the Marvel movies, or the cartoon, you’ll find things to love,both familiar and new.
This is a completely original story you’ll help shape along the way. There are winks and nod to the Guardians you know, but this adventure is something you’ve never seen before.

Size: 31 GB

Mode: Graphic (4K 30FPS ) with Ray tracing After launch (on Update) and Performance (4K dynamic with 60FPS)

Guardians of the Galaxy PS5 4K 60FPS Gameplay

Last edited:

ManaByte

Size: 28 GB

Actually shows as 31GB now (day 1 patch downloaded yesterday). The XSX one is bigger by about 12GB.
WJNAJN9.jpg

CheeseCake

Trophy list is out. Full of spoilers. Avoid it if you can. Game seems to have 16 or 17 chapters. Chapter 1 took about an hour for me. So I'm guessing around 15 plus hours game. That's an estimate so far. Will update when I finish.
15 hour plus game? Sounds good... not too much and not too little... 20 hours would have been better tho imo...

Hm... what are your thoughts on the game so far? Doesn't seem to have much hype around it,.

TVexperto

Trophy list is out. Full of spoilers. Avoid it if you can. Game seems to have 16 or 17 chapters. Chapter 1 took about an hour for me. So I'm guessing around 15 plus hours game. That's an estimate so far. Will update when I finish.
Devs said its longer than spiderman so should be longer than 20hs

rubhen925

15 hour plus game? Sounds good... not too much and not too little... 20 hours would have been better tho imo...

Hm... what are your thoughts on the game so far? Doesn't seem to have much hype around it,.
Honestly. I like the story so far. Cool characters come in and out. Some never been heard before by me. I'm not well versed in the Guardians comic series too much, so everything i see is new and I'm loving it. Cool creature designs, worlds and levels. Love Drax and Rocket. Best performances so far. Quill sounds odd to me. Gamora is Gamora but I like her witty banter with Drax and Rocket.

Combat feels a bit off. You can do basic melee which homes in like in marvels avengers, and gunplay from quill feels like Black Widow in avengers.... I'm not a huge fan of this system imo. They have cool powers to use, and each teammate has special abilities that you can use to get access to new areas and opens new paths, but instead of commanding them, I would much prefer to play as them. I really want to play as rocket or Gamora, but you play as quill who feels generic af.

Right now in chapter 3, and I still stand by my statement from my videos that I mentioned it. Story is great, there's effort. We aren't just fighting robots like in avengers, cool characters and designs, some great voice acting, but combat feels like avengers with additions from teammate powers, which at this point people need to decide whether they like it or not. I'm in the middle.

Hope that helps

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Marvel gave Eidos-Montréal the green light to reimagine the Guardians of the Galaxy, designing their looks to put our own spin on characters you know and love.
internet explain GIF

Mmmh… Eidos desperately did not want them to look like MCU characters and Marvel have them the green light to do so, huh? :rolleyes:.

Is that from an article, something you are quoting that took PR from the publisher maybe?

Last edited:

ManaByte

internet explain GIF

Mmmh… Eidos desperately did not want them to look like MCU characters and Marvel have them the green light to do so, huh? :rolleyes:.

Is that from an article, something you are quoting that took PR from the publisher maybe?

These are based on the comic versions, but you can unlock the 2014 MCU costumes in the game.

Vlodril

Honestly. I like the story so far. Cool characters come in and out. Some never been heard before by me. I'm not well versed in the Guardians comic series too much, so everything i see is new and I'm loving it. Cool creature designs, worlds and levels. Love Drax and Rocket. Best performances so far. Quill sounds odd to me. Gamora is Gamora but I like her witty banter with Drax and Rocket.

Combat feels a bit off. You can do basic melee which homes in like in marvels avengers, and gunplay from quill feels like Black Widow in avengers.... I'm not a huge fan of this system imo. They have cool powers to use, and each teammate has special abilities that you can use to get access to new areas and opens new paths, but instead of commanding them, I would much prefer to play as them. I really want to play as rocket or Gamora, but you play as quill who feels generic af.

Right now in chapter 3, and I still stand by my statement from my videos that I mentioned it. Story is great, there's effort. We aren't just fighting robots like in avengers, cool characters and designs, some great voice acting, but combat feels like avengers with additions from teammate powers, which at this point people need to decide whether they like it or not. I'm in the middle.

Hope that helps

Does the banter ever stops? I saw the first hour that goes around and the characters would not shut up for more than 10 seconds. It was non stop which was very strange. Is it just the tutorial area or they keep going like that forever?

Last edited:

Urban

23:31 uff pretty rough

edit: nvm the mud looks rough all the time. I dont know if it is just me or this game looks for me like a avengers dlc

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
These are based on the comic versions, but you can unlock the 2014 MCU costumes in the game.
Gotcha, but it is just the outfit. Like Thor and Tony Stark in The Avengers game… it is clearly trying to take some cue from the MCU / benefit from the halo effect of the movies (look at Banner’s clothes and Hulk’s design), but avoiding paying for the actors’ likeness. Same here.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gotcha, but it is. It just the outfit. Like Thor and Tony Stark in The Avengers game… it is clearly trying to take some cue from the MCU / benefit from the halo effect of the movies (look at Banner’s clothes and Hulk’s design), but avoiding paying for the actors’ likeness. Same here.
The base Star-Lord costume? Sort of. But literally all of the costumes you unlock (except for the one MCU costume for each) are comic book costumes. And the base Gamora costume is pretty much the modern comic costume, same with Drax (who is more teal like in the comics rather than the MCU gray). Even more importantly these are the comic versions of the characters. Star-Lord is the son of J'son of Spartax, not Ego the Living Planet, and he knew his dad was space royalty since before he was taken from Earth. Drax is Drax the Destroyer and in this he's already killed Thanos. Even better than that, Cosmo isn't just some Easter Egg in the background, but a major character (complete with his Russian accent).

rubhen925

Does the banter ever stops? I saw the first hour that goes around and the characters would not shut up for more than 10 seconds. It was non stop which was very strange. Is it just the tutorial area or they keep going like that forever?
nope get used to it. They talk constantly and sometimes in between important story dialogue too.

Deanington

That Dazzler poster on the ship was cool... The recording of the dialogue sounds like a Disney theme park ride, at times horrible as if it was read from a book. I cant stand most "realistic" facial animations, the mothers stood out to me. On the other hand some of the characters did look good, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket. Mostly because they were not human and easier to suspend disbelief. Everything else seemed ok. Something like this would have been cool cell shaded, maybe? Regardless, probably a pass.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Need to see acg’s review before i buy it, but for now it seems like something ill pick up when its half off. I hope im surprised and it ends up being worth a full priced purchase

//DEVIL//

watch the gameplay video....

Eidos-Montréal is going to close its doors very soon or MS will buy them.

are those the same people that did Tomb raider ? it can't be right. those tomb raider guys are talented... wtf is this?

not trying to do a shit post but seriously this doesn't look fun.

Also, it could be from my end but is this 60 frames ? doesn't look like it lol.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

are those the same people that did Tomb raider ? it can't be right. those tomb raider guys are talented... wtf is this?

It would be odd if it were the same team giving the very odd walking animation of Peter Quill. Anyways, I am a sucker since I ordered it 😂.

Orpheum

Not a day one buy but surely some time down the road, looks fun enough. Also holy fuck do the characters ever shut up😂 feels like they're talking non stop

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I pre-ordered already on PS5. It looks great to me and I never watch any of the movies or the comics. It just looks fun.

I don't know why people are so harsh on this since the announcement 😕

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

So SENIX is going to sell one of its studios to MS? How does that work?

Duchess

Didn't realise this was a single player focused title. I'm much more interested now. Will wait for reviews ...

(looks at ever-growing backlog)

... and get it in 2024 :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom