• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy PS5 4K 60FPS Gameplay - First look

Lethal01

The gameplay looks fine, But the characters and their dialogue are just atrocious. They talk so much without managing to be entertaining for even a moment.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
What's wrong with asking? I have both consoles and a switch on top. It's not because some people are immature enough to make anything in a console war, normal people can't ask normal questions. I have the opportunity to play this game in any console I want and I want the best version. Nothing wrong with that.

Methos#1975

What's wrong with asking? I have both consoles and a switch on top. It's not because some people are immature enough to make anything in a console war, normal people can't ask normal questions. I have the opportunity to play this game in any console I want and I want the best version. Nothing wrong with that.
Same here. Some people just don't get it. I watch comprasions not out of console warring sentiments but because as a owner of all consoles I want to make a informed decision on which console version of titles I purchase.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Idk what it is but that just looks so genie to me. It doesn’t excite me at all and I’ve been a big star lord fan in the comics a long time.

rubhen925

ok update. played about 9-10 hours and at chapter 9. Game has some lengthy moments of walking and chatting. A lot more than i thought. lol. So far I fought like 3 bosses, and only 1 was a full fight. the other 2 stopped like 2 mins in..... severely lacking on that front

faisalasif

ok update. played about 9-10 hours and at chapter 9. Game has some lengthy moments of walking and chatting. A lot more than i thought. lol. So far I fought like 3 bosses, and only 1 was a full fight. the other 2 stopped like 2 mins in..... severely lacking on that front
so the game is 15 hours long to beat the story ?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Reminds me of my ff7 remake experience. Hope there’s no crappy puzzles.

Umbasaborne

Banned
It seems like there is alot of forced walking/crouching/loading hallways. Not interested in doing that anymore, especially after playing ff7 remake again. Hopefully as we get away from cross gen we will get less and less of these poorly hidden loading screens. Maybe ill get it half off? But idk, ill probably skip god of war ragnarok if there are a ton of loading hallways and crawl spaces again. Fucking cross gen man, so much for instant loading

ManaByte

It seems like there is alot of forced walking/crouching/loading hallways. Not interested in doing that anymore, especially after playing ff7 remake again. Hopefully as we get away from cross gen we will get less and less of these poorly hidden loading screens. Maybe ill get it half off? But idk, ill probably skip god of war ragnarok if there are a ton of loading hallways and crawl spaces again. Fucking cross gen man, so much for instant loading

Well you don't ever see a loading screen during gameplay (unless you're loading a save/checkpoint).

Umbasaborne

Banned
Well you don't ever see a loading screen during gameplay (unless you're loading a save/checkpoint).
Yeah but those forced walking scenes, the crawl spaces, those forced crouching scenes. They have all become industry common place to hide loads. So yeah there may not be any load screens. But any time the game grinds you to a halt to force you to walk or squeeze through a tight space, its doing that to load the next area. God of war 2018 and jedi fallen order, and ff7 remake were rife with these as well. If the game was only for ps5, series, and pc id be willing to bet that enviroments would be way more open, and that those hidden loads wouldn't exist, as for now they need to account for the shitty jaguar cpu’s and hard drives of the ps4 and xbone

Last edited:

rubhen925

Yeah but those forced walking scenes, the crawl spaces, those forced crouching scenes. They have all become industry common place to hide loads. So yeah there may not be any load screens. But any time the game grinds you to a halt to force you to walk or squeeze through a tight space, its doing that to load the next area. God of war 2018 and jedi fallen order, and ff7 remake were rife with these as well. If the game was only for ps5, series, and pc id be willing to bet that enviroments would be way more open, and that those hidden loads wouldn't exist, as for now they need to account for the shitty jaguar cpu’s and hard drives of the ps4 and xbone
i don't mind forced walking sections, but you can't run in this. You walk always. Which bugs me to hell. Story I would say can easily be around 15 plus to 18 hours. I take my time with exploring each area. There are some really cool looking locations so yea. I think I can hit 18 hours easy with this game. but if we given the ability to run this game can easily be under 15 hours... just saying

VN1X

Banned
Wait so 4K 60fps is a thing with this game for the new consoles? All the info I've seen on this game regarding Series X is that 4K will drop fps down to 30?

NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!

Last edited:

ManaByte

Wait so 4K 60fps is a thing with this game for the new consoles? All the info I've seen on this game regarding Series X is that 4K will drop fps down to 30?

NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!

Quality mode runs at 30fps.
Performance is 60fps.
No idea about RT since that's post-launch.

Top Bottom