• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider Man 2 Gameplay Revealed - Releases Fall 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

Thirty7ven

Banned
In fact most of todays games are limited, because they are designed to only tell you a story.
Can't you see? it is there in front of you.

Let’s just agree to disagree. I’ve played way too many games since the Mega Drive, you’re not going to convince me of this thing you’re trying to convince me of, so, leave it at that.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The hell, you haven’t played as many hours of MGS as I have I will tell you that, so you telling me MGS is an example of a game that isn’t aping non interactive visual entertainment like movies and tv is just wild shit. What an insane argument.

So you mean to tell me that MGS1-3 do not use the medium to tell its narrative at all? Nothing they do is beyond "long movie cutscenes"?

No, you clearly haven't played much MGS and your argument is nonsense. Do better instead of the pathetic warring you typically do.

Thirty7ven

Banned
So you mean to tell me that MGS1-3 do not use the medium to tell its narrative at all? Nothing they do is beyond "long movie cutscenes"?

No, you clearly haven't played much MGS and your argument is nonsense. Do better instead of the pathetic warring you typically do.

That wasn’t your argument at all. What exactly are you talking about? Codecs? Reading your memory card? What?

Because right now you’re acting like MGS isn’t one of the worst offenders when it comes to cutscenes, MGS4 probably the worst offender of all time. And not only are the cutscenes long and plenty, they have poor writing, skin deep character development, and just gratuitous amount of world building via dialog exposition. And I love it. You’re trying to play the fanboy card? You aren’t half the fan of MGS I am buddy, talk all the shit you want.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Graphics aside im happy to see that the map is bigger than last 2 games. I hope they improved the webslinging physics to give us a bit more freedom and action so that skilled players can move even faster.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That wasn’t your argument at all. What exactly are you talking about? Codecs? Reading your memory card? What?

Because right now you’re acting like MGS isn’t one of the worst offenders when it comes to cutscenes, MGS4 probably the worst offender of all time. And not only are the cutscenes long and plenty, they have poor writing, skin deep character development, and just gratuitous amount of world building via dialog exposition. And I love it. You’re trying to play the fanboy card? You aren’t half the fan of MGS I am buddy, talk all the shit you want.

"You aren't half the fan of MGS I am buddy," Christ, talk about pathetic.

And yes, you are a known console warrior. I know it, the mods know it - stop trying to hide it.

I am the fool thinking that maybe once a warrior could use their brain and have an actual conversation without purposefully remaining ignorant while pushing strawman arguments.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I gochu, fam!
More then I could have ever dreamed for.
Classic Film Bow GIF by Warner Archive

So we got turbo gliding and more of the same lame web swinging that I got bored of quick with the last game. Combat is largely the same, so better to stick with the main story because the game-play loop gets stale outside of it. If you enjoyed the last movie, you'll probably enjoy this too. I expect we'll have some more Lois Lan...er, I mean, Mary Jane reporter stealth chores to plow through.

I'll give this showing some credit though, Spider-Man 2 was one of the few substantive showings from this long reel of CGI teasers at the PlayStation Showcase, even if I think the game itself is very much style over substance.

Last edited:
You know watching it again - it still looks pretty amazing. The water sucks - but otherwise it looks really great to me. I think the issue was many expected it to be a major improvement on what they did with ratchet and clank

twinspectre

Let’s just agree to disagree. I’ve played way too many games since the Mega Drive, you’re not going to convince me of this thing you’re trying to convince me of, so, leave it at that.
I've been gaming for a long ass time, and honestly? I'm fine with a story as long it won't cripple the gameplay.
You play Last of Us, and you have segment where you must follow the npcs, same stuff happens in Spiderman MM where there's a similiar scene like Last of Us where Miles must follow the npc, in God of War R and Horizon the main characters tells you what to do, meaning they don't want you to get lost, and they expect you to follow the story, In the Last of Us you have "Listen mode" meaing Cinematic crippled the gameplay. There's more stuff that proves me right, don't need to deny the evidence because it is there.
Denying doesn't mean you're right.

And you're basically providing my point, diminishing returns.
Marvel's Spider-Man 1 vs Real Life.

Matrix doesn't look that much better than Marvel's Spider-Man, which looks very close to real life.

You'll really needs to get a reality check.

Argument is on the graphical quality of Spider-Man 2 (as presented in the PS Showcase) and you go ahead and post a screenshot from Spider-Man 1.

awards-night-crowd-clapping-hands-round-of-applause-awzdg3efkxv7oyxq.gif

Also you might want to get an eye exam at Spec Savers because the gulf in lighting and texture between what was shown in the PS Showcase of Spider-Man 2 vs The Matrix Demo is vast.

Even the lighting and texture work in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is superior to what we were shown in Spider-Man 2 but hey I guess half this forum must have problems with their eyesight.

Last edited:

Loxus

Argument is on the graphical quality of Spider-Man 2 (as presented in the PS Showcase) and you go ahead and post a screenshot from Spider-Man 1.

awards-night-crowd-clapping-hands-round-of-applause-awzdg3efkxv7oyxq.gif

Also you might want to get an eye exam at Spec Savers because the gulf in lighting and texture between what was shown in the PS Showcase of Spider-Man 2 vs The Matrix Demo is vast.

Even the lighting and texture work in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is superior to what we were shown in Spider-Man 2 but hey I guess half this forum must have problems with their eyesight.
Most people imo didn't watch it in 4k.
Also, I couldn't find a view of the city for Spider-Man 2, but as you can see Matrix city isn't that much more realistic vs a PS4 game.

Anyway, for the people that actually going to play this game like me. Someone picked up on something.
mC6etTP.jpg

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Just saw this on youtube and was wondering how fast we can swing in SM2 and if we can upgrade te swinging and wingsuite. I want lots of animations and different movement perks that effect the speed and the way you move around. Also please Insomniac remove the fall protection, just let us die or get damaged from falls. Without fall damage or dead there is no sense of adrenaline in the game wen swinging or jumping.

Fast swinging mod starts at 0:35

So, you are basicly saying I cannot be excited about Spiderman2, and pretend to know what everybody wants to hear or not. I think you are a big fool, to say the least. LOL
Yeah, I was joking! Calm your tits bud!
I was going trough the pages it's mostly negative , that's why I said that! Being excited about a game is not aloud anymore hahaha

RoadHazard

Gold Member
To the people complaining this gameplay was a lot of QTE: You do realize that's exactly how they first demonstrated the original game as well? That doesn't mean the game is just one big QTE, but they want to show it off with flashy movie-like stuff.

So that stuff doesn't worry me, I'm sure the game will be fun as hell to play. That said, it didn't impress me as much as I'd hoped, it looks like it could run on PS4 for the most part.

Caio

Yeah, I was joking! Calm your tits bud!
I was going trough the pages it's mostly negative , that's why I said that! Being excited about a game is not aloud anymore hahaha
Sorry buddy, but when 70% of posts get a "LOL emoticon" when you are excited about something, it's hard to catch the irony :D

By the way, my apologies.

Go_Ly_Dow

The dialogue in this trailer was absolutely atrocious. My 11 year old nephew and his friends would probably find it cool though.

All good!
I think I was reading pages after pages of how it should be better bla bla bla and all a sudden a nice positive comment ! Hehe
I'm excited as well , looks fucking good to me! Sure it could look like the reveal teaser , but I'll judge when the game comes out!

Trilobit

Haven't played Miles Morales yet, but I really hope they've fixed the 'mod' section. I want a better way to choose than what the first game has. I hate having to go back and forth in the menu whether I want three stealth mods or three for brawling. Maybe being able to customize into topics.

Also, the main power thing, or what you call it, should be more balanced. I pretty much only used the one that raises your focus as it helped me heal. The other powers were active for such a short time that it wasn't really useful or fun.

Top Bottom