• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels spider-man 2 graphics disappointed

Falc67

Thanks for almost making me spit out my coffee laughing. Hahaha!

He’s pitiful. I gained respect for him after his initial reaction. Now he’s making up excuses for them in his head, to justify what he’s seeing. Why is he making excuses for a billion dollar company? I’m confused 🙃

Msamy

People who complain the most about every game are the same people who don't believe in paying full price for a game supporting it but want everything to there liking.
This fact come from your think only , not true at all

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Me: "Those character models and textures look worse than Miles Morales"
Weirdos: "I love you"

Me: "That draw distance is leagues better than The Matrix Demo"
Weirdos: "I hate you"

I can't really comprehend why some legit criticism on certain facets of Spiderman 2' graphics is seen as a 'declaration of war' by certain parties. Why to take it so personally and see the other party as 'ennemies or traitors', that's just ridiculous and childish.

I honestly haven't seen too much of this anywhere. But people in general need to be consistent in their logic. There's no problem when people criticize subpar aspects of the trailer (as there shouldn't be), but for some weird reason, people are against anyone praising the very few and brief sections of the demo that are showcasing current gen tech.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Am I allowed to be really excited for the game still? Even if it doesn't look much different than the original / miles morales?

dawn of the planet of the apes no GIF

The complaint is more due to the level of fidelity of the announcement trailer more than anything. It just doesn't live up to that unfortunately. In game is better than miles but not significantly better.

hyperbertha

it doesn't look bad, it just looks like miles morales, which was a crossgen game, so yeah not what was expected for a this gen only game. that teaser from years ago and matrix awakens didn't help either
/Thread
The game looks like miles Morales end of story. Maybe digital foundry can zoom into a sub pixel level and show some fancy new rendering tech allowing 2% more polygons to be lit at 350 degree angles but fact of the matter is, any improvements is not apparent, while the next gen leap was IMMEDIATELY apparent with hfw, ratchet, demon souls and matrix.
And I don't get the arguments saying this will look better come release. Games much more often look worse at release, not better. What world are you all living in?

Umbasaborne

Banned
I can't really comprehend why some legit criticism on certain facets of Spiderman 2' graphics is seen as a 'declaration of war' by certain parties. Why to take it so personally and see the other party as 'ennemies or traitors', that's just ridiculous and childish.
Because people are insecure and have tied their identities and self worth to the success of their favorite sports teams and console box makers

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Nah, one dingus does not invalidate the people who are understandably underwhelmed by the visuals on display. It looks like a ps4 game, which is fine, most ps4 games still look great. But i expected something closer to horizon forbidden west (another cross gen title) or demons souls
Horizon Forbidden West is an exception to be honest. No game or studio has been able to match that. And in Spider-Man 2's defense, HFW does not have as fast of a traversal system as can be seen in Spider-Man 2. SM 2's is magnitude faster.

As for your 1st point, I wholeheartedly disagree. The game is a significant improvement over even the PS5 Remastered version of Spider-Man, let alone the PS4 version.

q2ILcdw.jpg

rg1WJbX.jpg

The draw distance, lighting, details, foliage, density: everything is up even when compared to Spider-Man PS5.

Bonus shot that I loved:

eK0tHVo.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Pleasing graphic whores is unwinnable battle, they alway want something more and devs have spend more development time and resources (which could use for actual game) in order make those graphic whores happy, while those same people complain why games not coming out faster or don’t take more risks.

It’s never ending cycle, this is why Nintendo and most Japanese devs stopped with all that graphic race nonsense.

Unfortunately western devs no longer have that choice.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Horizon Forbidden West is an exception to be honest. No game or studio has been able to match that. And in Spider-Man 2's defense, HFW does not have as fast of a traversal system as can be seen in Spider-Man 2. SM 2's is magnitude faster.

As for your 1st point, I wholeheartedly disagree. The game is a significant improvement over even the PS5 Remastered version of Spider-Man, let alone the PS4 version.

q2ILcdw.jpg

rg1WJbX.jpg

The draw distance, lighting, details, foliage, density: everything is up even when compared to Spider-Man PS5.

Bonus shot that I loved:

eK0tHVo.jpg
It looks nice in that screenshot, and in that sequence that is probably a cut scene and not gameplay, but the rest of the presentation was lacking

ChiefDada

Gold Member
It looks nice in that screenshot, and in that sequence that is probably a cut scene and not gameplay, but the rest of the presentation was lacking

But Insomniac has been doing seamless transition from real-time cutscene to gameplay so what difference would it make?

Msamy

Pleasing graphic whores is unwinnable battle, they alway want something more and devs have spend more development time and resources (which could use for actual game) in order make those graphic whores happy, while those same people complain why games not coming out faster or don’t take more risks.

It’s never ending cycle, this is why Nintendo and most Japanese devs stopped with all that graphic race nonsense.

Unfortunately western devs no longer have that choice.
So you called people's who want a better visuals and experience in their next gen machines as it always happens in previous generations or other games like horizon forbidden west (graphic whores)
Really what's this shit ?

Last edited:

Danjin44

So you called people's who want a better visuals and experience in their next gen machines as it always happens in previous generations or other games like horizon forbidden west (graphic whores)
Really what's this shit ?
Because you gus acting like its most ugliest game ever made, the fact the visuals still good but not up to your high standard.....so yes I would call that being graphics whore.

And trust me I have ZERO love for this or any other Marvel/DC crap.

Last edited:

Msamy

But Insomniac has been doing seamless transition from real-time cutscene to gameplay so what difference would it make?
There is a difference between realtime cutscene and gameplay, -> real time cutscene uses higher details models , better lighting and graphics effects because of full control over cutscene camera position on the other hand gameplay lighting and models can't match those one's in real time cutscenes , and games like horizon forbidden west improved their technology to close the gab between real time cutscene and gameplay and that's not the case on spider man 2

Last edited:

Msamy

Because you gus acting like its most ugliest game ever made, the fact the visuals still good but not up to your high standard.....so yes I would call that being graphics whore.

No one said that most ugliest game we disappointed about what we seen and I don't even put high standard I compare it with cross gen title like hfw, you either not read the theard title or not read most of people comments here , you come here to disrespect other members and say anything about something you don't know about and that's just shit

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

The game is just more of the same. So yes, we should expect a better improvement in graphical fidelity for a game made a generation later.

Danjin44

No one said that most ugliest game we disappointed about what we seen and I don't even put high standard I compare it with cross gen title like hfw, you either not read the theard title or not read most of people comments here , you come here to disrespect other members and say anything about something you don't know about and that's just shit
Iook at majority of thread on GAF, every time, every fucking time new game gets announced people whine about how they are disappointed with graphics and why it its not "next gen" enough. Same shit happen with Elden Ring, FFXVI and even with Dragon Dogma 2 and now this. called it "disrespect" but you guys obsessing over graphic waaaaay too much.
The game is just more of the same. So yes, we should expect a better improvement in graphical fidelity for a game made a generation later.
Then to me people should be more concerned about the combat not evolving much rather than worry about graphics.

Msamy

Iook at majority of thread on GAF, every time, every fucking time new game gets announced people whine about how they are disappointed with graphics and why it its not "next gen" enough. Same shit happen with Elden Ring, FFXVI and even with Dragon Dogma 2 and now this. called it "disrespect" but you guys obsessing over graphic waaaaay too much.

Then to me people should be more concerned about the combat not evolving much rather than worry about graphics.
I am not disappointed about those other gamed because they gave me what I expect from their studios and looks now better than their intial teaser trailer s like ffxvi I disappointed for sony first party title which come from insomniac which reveal it in 2021 showcase with shockingly good 1 min teaser and say that's real time captured in ps5 and then find myself show that gameplay showcase with ps4 level of visuals and gameplay experience and not even on par with cross gen title (hfw) and thats what that's make me sad and Disappointed .also In comments here you will find me tell that's its gameplay not improved either

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

You worry too much what other people think.

Danjin44

I am not disappointed about those other gamed because they gave me what I expect from their studios and looks now better than their intial teaser trailer s like ffxvi I disappointed for sony first party title which come from insomniac which reveal it in 2021 showcase with shockingly good 1 min teaser and say that's real time captured in ps5 and then find myself show that gameplay showcase with ps4 level of visuals and gameplay experience and not even on par with cross gen title (hfw) and thats what that's make me sad and Disappointed .also In comments here you will find me tell that's its gameplay not improved either
If you see the recent threads people complain how games taking longer to release or how devs will less to take risk and to me this high expectations of even higher expectations for graphic fidelity causing problems.

All I’m saying is people need to shift their priorities to something more important.

Msamy

If you see the recent threads people complain how games taking longer to release or how devs will less to take risk and to me this high expectations of even higher expectations for graphic fidelity causing problems.

All I’m saying is people need to shift their priorities to something more important.
No , better visuals and gameplay experience that our major priority , that why we spend money in next gen consoles either we could stick with our last gen consoles

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Because it becomes a problem when whole forums gets filling with people whining about graphics in EVERY thread.
There is a time and a place when discussing graphics. A next generation exclusive not looking any different is one of those times. This crusade of yours I can understand and sympathize with. This is not the time or thread to have it.

Msamy

Because it becomes a problem when whole forums gets filling with people whining about graphics in EVERY thread.
You will find players who will want better gameplay and other who want better graphics thats what makes players buy next gen machines and if they don't find that I think that there own right to make theards in all fourms about their expectations

Last edited:

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I thought I just read in this very thread that the entire thing was a cutscene and the gameplay was completely on rails. But the screen with flying miles was from the 'gameplay' part, if you do choose to differentiate the two parts of the presentation.

Anyway - the visual density being significantly higher over previous games (even if you compare to PC version maxed out) is obvious in every part of the video. Yes there were some parts that are weaker than the rest of presentation (primarily the water spray/particles, which in the scene shown are kind of front&center of the visual, so maybe not the best choice to lead demo-with).
Then again the previous game had basically no water interaction at all so 🤷‍♂️

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Horizon Forbidden West is an exception to be honest.
The way I remember it - the first time HFW showed any gameplay, this forum and the rest of internet was complaining how much PS4-gen it looked, and how it was not impressive at all, and held-back by the cross-gen etc etc.
It wasn't until game actually released that sentiment shifted.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
There is a difference between realtime cutscene and gameplay, -> real time cutscene uses higher details models , better lighting and graphics effects because of full control over cutscene camera position on the other hand gameplay lighting and models can't match those one's in real time cutscenes , and games like horizon forbidden west improved their technology to close the gab between real time cutscene and gameplay and that's not the case on spider man 2

And I'm correcting you by saying ratchet and miles morales use the same assets and character models whether in game or cutscene. The only change would be cinematic lighting for different cutscenes.

Msamy

The way I remember it - the first time HFW showed any gameplay, this forum and the rest of internet was complaining how much PS4-gen it looked, and how it was not impressive at all, and held-back by the cross-gen etc etc.
No , horizon reveal gameplay even looks better than final build , people who act like that do that because they disappointed in it being cross gen title , and thats not the case here for spiderman 2

Msamy

And I'm correcting you by saying ratchet and miles morales use the same assets and character models whether in game or cutscene. The only change would be cinematic lighting for different cutscenes.
May be you true but I think other sony studio (ND) said their use higher Detailed models in real time cutscenes

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
No , horizon reveal gameplay even looks better than final build , people who act like that do that because they disappointed in it being cross gen title , and thats not the case here for spiderman 2
It's literally doubling down on the exact same argument (Cross-gen holds games back), ie. Spiderman 2 should look much better because it's exclusive now.
But that's irrelevant to the point I made. Current Internet sentiment is that HFW is near the top of best looking games to-date for this gen - meanwhile, the pre-launch discourse was (on the forums at least) primarily negative with regards to the visuals.

Danjin44

There is a time and a place when discussing graphics. A next generation exclusive not looking any different is one of those times. This crusade of yours I can understand and sympathize with. This is not the time or thread to have it.
Well then when we get new gameplay trailer for Armored Core VI and I see people complaining about graphics I will go for so hard on your asses that they will change my tag to “meanest morherfucker on the forum”.

Hold on to your asses.
soccer-butt.gif

Last edited:

Msamy

It's literally doubling down on the exact same argument (Cross-gen holds games back), ie. Spiderman 2 should look much better because it's exclusive now.
But that's irrelevant to the point I made. Current Internet sentiment is that HFW is near the top of best looking games to-date for this gen - meanwhile, the pre-launch discourse was (on the forums at least) primarily negative with regards to the visuals.
I will end up happy if spiderman 2 ends looks better, what they shown really Disappointed me because it's same from either visual and gameplay experience that's not the case with horizon forbidden west which looks very difference than horizon zero dawn in its first trailer and most of people's praise it's visuals and minor of them complain about it and thats not the case with spiderman 2

Thirty7ven

Banned

This is true, looks cross gen was a common complaint.

Well then when we get new gameplay trailer for Armored Core VI and I see people complaining about graphics I will go for so hard on your asses that they will change my tag to “meanest morherfucker on the forum”.

Hold on to your asses.
soccer-butt.gif
It’s a ‘From Software’ game you don’t get the ass hurt till you see in-game frame pacing…Unless you have VRR and in that case you’re an asshat because I don’t have it… but when I do get it I will just recognize myself as a fellow asshat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom