• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales launches tomorrow on Steam (pre-load now available)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Launch day for
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
on PC is getting closer! Soon you will be able to experience the rise of Miles Morales as a new Spider-Man and discover his explosive powers.

We are happy to share that you can now pre-load the game on Steam in available regions. If you do so, yo can start the game right away the moment it launches.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
launches globally on November 18 at 8:00 AM PST / 5:00 PM CET / 8:00 PM GST. Check out the infographic below for more time zones.

aaebaabd65f77abb5eec70f2543f823710d72513.jpg

TVexperto

And yet inflation hasn't really touched gaming much at all.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
A fraction of the content for the same price? Explain please.
On ps5 miles had the benefit of being a mild upgrade and propping up an empty launch on the ps5. The world had no meaningful upgrade (even less on pc since raytracing been there from day one). It was spider man cut down to 6-7hrs, that’s fine when spider man came out years before but pc spider man just came out.

Last edited:
On ps5 miles had the benefit of being a mild upgrade and propping up an empty launch on the ps5. The world had no meaningful upgrade (even less on pc since raytracing been there from day one). It was spider man cut down to 4hrs, that’s fine when spider man came out years before but pc spider man just came out.

4 hours? Please check your math. And what does it matter how recently Spider-Man PC came out?

The game has not come out full price. I could maybe see your point if they were asking for 70 euro or even 60, but 50 euro I think doth protest too much.

tommib

It's about 8 hours. I'm curious how it sells on its own since you had to buy Morales to upgrade the PS4 version of Spider Man to the PS5 version.
You still do. I find it so weird that to get the PS5 version of Spider-Man, you go into the menu of Miles Morales and buy the game from there. And it’s never on sale. Weird as hell.

Last edited:

TVexperto

And yet inflation hasn't really touched gaming much at all.
are you really that ignorant or are you just kidding?

PS5 price to increase in select markets due to global economic environment, including high inflation rates​

Last edited:
You still do. I find it so weird that to get the PS5 version of Spider-Man, you go into the menu of Miles Morales and buy the game from there. And it’s never on sale. Weird as hell.
Probably trying to avoid creating an additional sku. Who knows what their deal is with Marvel.

are you really that ignorant or are you just kidding?

PS5 price to increase in select markets due to global economic environment, including high inflation rates​

This isn't due to high inflation, the US is ALSO experiencing high inflation with similar numbers globally. This is because of the strong dollar vs the weak international currencies... NOT inflation.

And note, game prices haven't shifted much, just consoles, which they sell at a loss.

Warnen

4 hours? Please check your math. And what does it matter how recently Spider-Man PC came out?

The game has not come out full price. I could maybe see your point if they were asking for 70 euro or even 60, but 50 euro I think doth protest too much.

Yeah thought it was a bit shorter I fielded my post.

$60 for Spider man : already have engine up grades, full 20hr ish game tons of included dlc.

Vs

$50 for Miles : no new engine upgrade (main selling point before, couldn’t be done on ps4… until a few months later anyways) 7ish hours

Hey it’s a good game but Sony being greedy once again. Wait for the sales if you just got spider man.

TVexperto

This isn't due to high inflation, the US is ALSO experiencing high inflation with similar numbers globally. This is because of the strong dollar vs the weak international currencies... NOT inflation.

And note, game prices haven't shifted much, just consoles, which they sell at a loss.
Sony literally said on their official channel that it is due to inflation

Yeah thought it was a bit shorter I fielded my post.

$60 for Spider man : already have engine up grades, full 20hr ish game tons of included dlc.

Vs

$50 for Miles : no new engine upgrade (main selling point before, couldn’t be done on ps4… until a few months later anyways) 7ish hours

Hey it’s a good game but Sony being greedy once again. Wait for the sales if you just got spider man.

the dlc isn't worth playing let alone any monetary value. That's coming from someone who bought them.

No new engine, it's using the same engine as the remaster and they came out at the same time, not months later... Not sure about the comment of this not being able to be done on PS4...

Just think you're complaining to complain. What price should this be? 40 euro? You're complaining over 10 euro? Is it really worth it?

Warnen

the dlc isn't worth playing let alone any monetary value. That's coming from someone who bought them.

No new engine, it's using the same engine as the remaster and they came out at the same time, not months later... Not sure about the comment of this not being able to be done on PS4...

Just think you're complaining to complain. What price should this be? 40 euro? You're complaining over 10 euro? Is it really worth it?

$29.99 if that, witch it will be in a matter of weeks.

Seems like you are quick to jump on people when you yourself have no clue about the product…

PR??? all gaming news, outlets etc are reporting this as well

bro just read the blog :) ;)
$29.99 if that, witch it will be in a matter of weeks.

Seems like you are quick to jump on people when you yourself have no clue about the product…

I don't need to read blogs by gamer journalists parroting talking points. Again ask yourself why with inflation just as high in the US, that the consoles didn't increase price in the US. Ask yourself with inflation happening around the world why they increased the price of the consoles but not the games. They really aren't teaching critical thinking these days. It's not due to inflation, it's due to weak currency rates and supply chain issues.

Let's revisit this in "a matter of weeks" and see if it is 29.99. Let's note that spider-man remastered which has been out for months is 59.99.

Warnen

Let's revisit this in "a matter of weeks" and see if it is 29.99. Let's note that spider-man remastered which has been out for months is 59.99.

Can already get it for $37 and it’s not out yet, main game is $34… (and I got it for free, thanks Amazon!)

Last edited:
This is £30 on CDKeys.com which is a much fairer price than the £40 Steam are asking for the game. It's a good game but it's basically a reskinned Spider-Man with a much shorter campaign not to mention it is also two years-old.

Personally, I don't see the point in pre-loading a game on Steam as the decryption process usually ends up taking an hour on my system such that it is actually quicker to just download it post-release (50 GB usually takes around 15-20 minutes to download).

LOL... do people actually have jobs?
Do you understand the concept of value proposition and how it changes from person to person, segment to segment? Simply put, there are people who will feel that 50 bucks for a years old port is too much. The value just isn't there. We don't HAVE to accept whatever pricing companies charge us.

OZ9000

Banned
Do you understand the concept of value proposition and how it changes from person to person, segment to segment? Simply put, there are people who will feel that 50 bucks for a years old port is too much. The value just isn't there. We don't HAVE to accept whatever pricing companies charge us.
The last game I paid full price was Doom Eternal.

Frankly I don't care about gaming so much I feel compelled to buy it day one unless the game is super special eg Doom Eternal Sequel.

I'm always happy with waiting a few months before buying. I'm in no rush to play games.

Besides I'm too busy with God of War Ragnarok right now.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Will def wait for a sale, and a deep one. I feel burnt a bit by the first game after all the years of hype. I mean i loved the swinging but the open world and gameplay felt so dated, like a open world game from early on in the genre.

Now add in Miles silly voice and yeah, a deep sale it is lol.

Warnen

Wait for PC, wait for sale, wait for next gen version, wait for remaster, wait for remake. Never play anything.
Doesn’t pass the sniff test, pc is home of the shortly after release sale.

Hell mod miles into main game and u get the best part of this for free.

Hot5pur

Agreed this is a very poor value proposition for what is essentially a glorified expansion. 7-8 hours of mostly recycled world and gameplay for $50, why wouldn't you just spend that money elsewhere? Do they not teach opportunity cost in economics anymore?

This might be a solid picked for $20 but not much more.

Duchess

Recently went through this game on story mode, to get the platinum trophy.

It was amusing to see how when you get "killed", Miles just unleashes a venom blast, gets all his health back, and carries on fighting :)

Pedro Motta

Doesn’t pass the sniff test, pc is home of the shortly after release sale.

Hell mod miles into main game and u get the best part of this for free.
Miles Morales is a much superior game to the original Spiderman. Better story, better pacing, better combat, better cutscenes, better graphics, better OST. It's a great experience.

Midn1ght

Top Bottom