• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales launches tomorrow on Steam (pre-load now available)

On ps5 miles had the benefit of being a mild upgrade and propping up an empty launch on the ps5. The world had no meaningful upgrade (even less on pc since raytracing been there from day one). It was spider man cut down to 6-7hrs, that’s fine when spider man came out years before but pc spider man just came out.
After the vrr update ID say Spiderman Is quite a big upgrade on ps5 over even the pro at launch you could only 2 of the 3 benefits over pro at once instead of all 3 at once being higher resolution, higher framerate, higher graphical settings (like rt) depending on the 3 modes you could only get 2 of those benefits over the pro at once instead of all 3. With the advent of the vrr update though you can basically have all 3 now over the pro since the fidelity which Is already higher resolution and settings over the pro can aldo run at a higher framerate level than the pro.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That’s the secret why $69 price tag is so common on consoles but not on PC
no it's not and you know it.
Pc gamers don't get these huge high budget exclusives and they cost a lot of money.
And obviously pc players are used to never pay msrp but cdkeys and so on.
People get used to cheap stuff but it's devaluing gaming somewhat. Look at gamepass. No way xbox player will be paying for quality game

TrebleShot

If this hadn’t released two years ago on PS5 most PC players would pay full price for it, but then again the target audience isn’t people who own it already on PS5.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
no it's not and you know it.
Pc gamers don't get these huge high budget exclusives and they cost a lot of money.
And obviously pc players are used to never pay msrp but cdkeys and so on.
People get used to cheap stuff but it's devaluing gaming somewhat. Look at gamepass. No way xbox player will be paying for quality game

I mean it’ll be pretty moronic not to buy them cheaper if you can. If console players want to hold their value at $69 I’ll let them be, while I enjoy buying new games like RE4 remake with 15% off at Fanatical.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I mean it’ll be pretty moronic not to buy them cheaper if you can. If console players want to hold their value at $69 I’ll let them be, while I enjoy buying new games like RE4 remake with 15% off at Fanatical.
of course. I always buy from cdkeys.
But if there was no other option like on ps5, I would not hold if I care about the game. Good job needs to be rewarded

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
of course. I always buy from cdkeys.
But if there was no other option like on ps5, I would not hold if I care about the game. Good job needs to be rewarded

Well I am not their boss so I will let you do the rewarding. For PS exclusives I'll just buy, complete and sell them at 5 to 10% less, which I plan to do with Ragnarok.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
PC gamers aren't as gullible as Playstation gamers. Apparently there's little interest in this game on PC...
Were still busy modding Spiderman Remastered.
Once this drops and the assets are ripped we will just implant them in Spiderman.
Releasing so close to Spiderman is probably whats going to hurt this release the most.

Pedro Motta

I have a 4090 pc, money isn’t the issue. Spider man just came out and it’s a fraction of the content for almost the same price.
Awkward Topher Grace GIF by ABC Network

Sentenza

LOL... do people actually have jobs?
I do, a job and money to satisfy some vice and minor luxury too.

But I also have self-respect so I’m not particularly keen on sucking off Sony.
Not to mention I didn’t really like Spider-Man enough to pay 50 for few hours of more of the same three months later.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Sorry, I forgot the "/s".
:p ok my fault lol.

Btw.... I understand the pricing but it's super ironic the same game is 25-30usd now on ps5. And the first one I think is a 20$ upgrade on top of that... and ps5 runs these games pretty well.
So it's scummy but at the same time the games are new here

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Played it for 60 minutes and I'm almost at the point where I dropped it on PS5. I love DLSS3 implementation in this one. Crazy frames and plays great on my new 8BitDo Ultimate controller.

:p ok my fault lol.

Btw.... I understand the pricing but it's super ironic the same game is 25-30usd now on ps5. And the first one I think is a 20$ upgrade on top of that... and ps5 runs these games pretty well.
So it's scummy but at the same time the games are new here
Why don’t these games have save transfer between ps5 and pc would be a lot more enticing to buy for current ps5 owners that way

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
And my brother redeemed his cdkey code on my steam account. Free spider man for me
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
PC gamers aren't as gullible as Playstation gamers. Apparently there's little interest in this game on PC...

Launch games always sell better. Need something to play on that new hardware.

Removed from that people are just seeing this for what it is, DLC for a better game. Guess I’m a sucker too because I bought this on ps5 and never even downloaded it, just wanted spiderman remastered.

Last edited:
I got Spider-Man Remastered on PC and it's kind of boring. Not having fun breaking up random crimes. Not enjoying the combat. Feels repetitive. Friend of mine said I would like Miles Morales more, but I'm not sure if I want to dip back into this kind of game.

I was hoping for combat more like Arkham. I loved those games. This game doesn't hit the same way.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
12 000 players peak, better than Uncharted but not by much. I would stop supporting PC if I was Sony. Nixxes can do 3rd-party ports instead.

fermcr

12 000 players peak, better than Uncharted but not by much. I would stop supporting PC if I was Sony. Nixxes can do 3rd-party ports instead.

Releasing games on another platform years after the main release is just ... meh. The hype is gone and most people aren't willing to pay full price for "old" games.

Just use WeMod to fully max your skills and stats, it’s like playing on new game +.
Not everyone wants to take space downloading mods for one and 2 in some cases we may have some parts unlocked but not others and maybe want to finish unlocking it as it pertains to our account specifically

SliChillax

Not everyone wants to take space downloading mods for one and 2 in some cases we may have some parts unlocked but not others and maybe want to finish unlocking it as it pertains to our account specifically
WeMod is a program, you don't need to download mods it recognizes the game and has an available list of cheats that you can activate. It's only used for SP games of course not cheating online.

Nvzman

most trainers/modloaders are tiny, how could you be gaming on pc and not know this lol

tommib

Launch games always sell better. Need something to play on that new hardware.

Removed from that people are just seeing this for what it is, DLC for a better game. Guess I’m a sucker too because I bought this on ps5 and never even downloaded it, just wanted spiderman remastered.
Don’t you need to download Miles to then download Spider-Man? Sorry, just curious.

Top Bottom