• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered - PC Features & Specs Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

52228593525_4ccff485e7_h.jpg

52227741378_9957ac72a2_h.jpg

First off, let's touch on the graphics features newly available in the PC version of Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered. Our goal was to make this game a visual stunner on the PC platform and that meant opening up extensive configurability to PC users with varying hardware, as well as introducing some new techniques and tools to push things even further. To provide an abbreviated list:

• Ray-traced reflections are available across the game for those with hardware that supports them. Reflections also have varied quality levels, one of which is a new, higher-quality ray-traced mode that offers even more city detail when web-swinging and fighting crime in Marvel's New York.
  • NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) increases graphics performance using dedicated Tensor Core AI processors found only on GeForce RTX GPUs, boosting frame rates with uncompromised image quality.
  • NVIDIA DLAA (Deep Learning Anti-Aliasing) is an AI-based anti-aliasing mode for GeForce RTX gamers who have spare GPU headroom and want higher levels of image quality.
  • Beyond choosing output resolutions, we also support a wide range of display ratios, including ultrawide 21:9, panoramic 32:9, and NVIDIA Surround multi-monitor setups.* If you've got three monitors, we've got the game for you to show them off with!
  • Many other rendering systems are more customizable than they have been in the past, with additional quality levels and algorithmic options. These include SSAO, texture filtering, LoD quality, shadows, and more. We support windowed, full screen, and exclusive full screen rendering modes.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Surprised no FSR 2.0. this is not an Nvidia marketed title. With that being said the community will add it in the place of dlss anyway but still...super strange

Dampf

Amazing RT is basically PS5 RT Performance Mode, is it not? Why are the requirements so much higher than PS5, needing a 3070 for 1440p60 which is far stronger than PS5?

Then the Amazing RT preset must be either beyond PS5 settings or the game must be unoptimized. I just wish they would give us the exact PS5 settings...

Last edited:

Denton

DLSS and DLAA?

Nixxes bringing out the big guns.

Sony making the best PC ports, love to see it. Already finished Spidey on Pro but looking forward to a PC replay, plus Miles.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Amazing RT is basically PS5 RT Performance Mode, is it not? Why are the requirements so much higher than PS5, needing a 3070 for 1440p60 which is far stronger than PS5?

Then the Amazing RT preset must be either beyond PS5 settings or the game must be unoptimized. I just wish they would give us the exact PS5 settings...
Well you can usually get away with lower hardware than these spec sheets suggest, but yeah a 950 needed for 720p/30 when a 950 is more powerful than PS4 which was 1080p/30. Maybe the optimization isnt the best.
Although this is the 'remastered' version which supposedly has better graphics than the standard PS4 version.

J3nga

Played it 2 times on PS4, once on PS5, see no reason playing it once more, even though i liked it, it's a hard pass for me.

Dampf

Judging from the specs for 1440p, i'd say 2060-2070 level gpu for 1080p/60 VH with RT.
To be honest, the scaling in the spec sheet could be much better. I would remove Amazing RT (since its clearly higher than the PS5 settings) and replace it with a setting that is identical to PS5 RT Performance mode. Then you'd have lower end RT GPUs like a 2060 as the baseline for 1440p60 with Raytracing and scale up to Ultimate RT with a 3080. You would cover a much wider range of cards with that methode.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
An RTX 3080 for 4K60 Very High Raytracing?

Nvidia DLAA and DLSS?
Native Nvidia Surround support?
Full DuelSense support

I see why Sony bought Nixxes.

For sure you know Linus Tech Tips is gonna be testing the RTX 4090 at 11K resolution with this game come September.

Decent PC specs let's see if it has a smooth launch. No dynamic resolution or scallong options it seems? FSR 2.0 would be nice.

PLEASE for fucks sake no shader cache shenanigans. Just load all of them at the very beginning.
The Insomniac engine doesnt have that shader caching issue.

So...
What do I need for 1080p @ 60fps, very high, Ray-tracing very high, it doesn't say... =(
An RTX 2060.

Played it 2 times on PS4, once on PS5, see no reason playing it once more, even though i liked it, it's a hard pass for me.
Thats for your input.

Last edited:

Rea

It's not 4 years old if it releases now. Can't we just be happy so many games are getting PC ports?
Sony is milking those PC only gamers by releasing old games with full price. The sales is already exhausted on Playstation. I Have Already played this Remastered on PS5, but I love Spider-Man, so i might wait for the sales for double dipping on my PC.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Stuart360

Lmao a PS4 game asking for a 3080, 32gb ram and a 12700k for 4k ray traced lmao. Not even metro Exodus or control asked for that. Smells like an unoptimized port. And don't come at me with that ray traced takes a lot of performance crap.
The spec sheet does seem a little exaggerated. Like is said you can almost always get away with lower specs than these spec sheets suggest. I think Insomniac are just covering themselves here to be honest.

Top Bottom