• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered - PC Features & Specs Revealed

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Half way into the game. There’s really some vast improvement over the PS4, especially in terms of the ray tracing and shadow among others. Such as the reflections in the FEAST building.

Guilty_AI

okay, either there's something amiss with nvidia's ray tracing or these settings are not equivalent

i've replicated this section

(i dont know why my adaptive triggers' sound somehow leaked into the video)

im completely GPU bound so it is really interesting to see how close rtx 3070 and ps5 is with ray tracing in this particular section.

@Tqaulity this for u. u were correct in a way, although high settings+4k is very playable on 3070, it barely outperforms ps5 by a notch. it is intriguing to see such small difference between them

maybe a person with a better CPU can replicate the same sequence with same settings. they're welcome to do so. but this is what it is with my 2700x

i dont think it has anything to do with CPU though, considering gpu is maxxed out at %97+ and burns 230+ watts.

@Werewolfgrandma can you try to replicate this benchmark with the settings I've used in the video with your 3060ti/3700x? location is somewhere near that tall building. sorry, u gotta find it urself :D but its not that hard to find.

extra note: This game is really heavy on CPU. probably an issue that is further becomes more complicated due to nvidia's driver overhead

super extra note: game seems to have a problem utilizing more than 6-6.2 gb vram on 8 gb vram GPUs. i think performace is somewhat limited by constant transaction between RAM and VRAM due to this

Are there any RT settings below high? All benchmarks i saw only show High or Very High settings

clarky

Gold Member
Anyone playing on a 2080 laptop or similar? Thinking of double dipping so I can play this when I'm working away and wondering how the performance is.

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
38XBVNH.jpg

Playing this on the go is just awesome. Even if my RIG is a beast!

yamaci17

turning on or off ?
SMT should help technically
turning off , really :D

its probably not a universal thing. maybe 9900k and my cpu is being heavily cache limited and cores cannot be fed, so maybe turning off smt allows better or more cache allocation to each physical core instead of having two allocate them betwen 2 logical threads

just a guess, but i will do an actual technical comparison later on. but i can definetely say that dips below 60 with very high rt geometry is now with gone when i disabled SMT

Just tried this maxed out at 4k... wow. This is easily top 3 most polished games of all time. On any platform. I pushed this game to where I can, minus my display not being beyond 60hz.
Silky smooth frames

OverHeat

« generous god »
Just tried this maxed out at 4k... wow. This is easily top 3 most polished games of all time. On any platform. I pushed this game to where I can, minus my display not being beyond 60hz.
Silky smooth frames
Outside your not going to get much more then 60fps at 4K with any hardware at the moment anyways

Outside your not going to get much more then 60fps at 4K with any hardware at the moment anyways
I'm selling 3 GPUS and going with the 4090 Ti, when it's available. So, more FPS "outside" is only a matter of time. That and a new display in November.
I'm set for a few years. I just installed 6 more fans inside my case... I want to go liquid, but hate the hassle.

hlm666

its probably not a universal thing. maybe 9900k and my cpu is being heavily cache limited and cores cannot be fed, so maybe turning off smt allows better or more cache allocation to each physical core instead of having two allocate them betwen 2 logical threads

just a guess, but i will do an actual technical comparison later on. but i can definetely say that dips below 60 with very high rt geometry is now with gone when i disabled SMT
Is your 3080 water cooled?

yamaci17

Is your 3080 water cooled?
its not my channel, i've just come across to it and wanted to try myself
tho i just did a test myself and confirmed smt off gives more frames

this is by no means a suggestion. if u have a modern 5600x/5800x/11600k/11700k leave smt/ht on, even if there's a potential hit to performance, you wont feel it with those, and turning smt off no matter what will reduce multitasking capability of the PC. so if u have something below 3700x, try it out urself and see if it helps. in my case i'd probably have to play with smt off since it prevents dips below 60 for me

cpus like 5600x flys highs at 100 avg. framerate so no worries there

Last edited:

yamaci17

jeez, sharpening they use is hideous at 1080p
i used photo mode to disable sharpening and look how "sharpened" it looks

14 sharpening is the default value, and how the in game looks! base game also applies sharpening to native taa as well. i hope imsomniac gives an option to disable this obnoxious sharpening. aside from that, dlaa is not a huge improvement over native taa, but it improves the clarity a bit and of course reconstructs details here and there. it is nice to have, but forced sharpening has to go

i believe that both taa and dlaa look more natural and beautiful without the sharpening filter. maybe sharpening filter works better at higher resolutions due to better subpixel resolve , but in my opinion it does not help the 1080p image a bit

another six way comparison to see how these upscalers fare at 1080p

dlaa, dlss quality, fsr quality, igti quality, no aa and finally native taa

Last edited:
Do you have a video/article testing the DRS profile of Spiderman on PS5? I havent seen one myself. In any case DRS is a function of GPU load. And like you said, the main issue is that even though a 2060s class GPU can deal with a PS5 level graphical load, it's the CPU optimisation that's holding overall performance back. Thus, even the DRS profile differences won't matter much ones nixxes addresses the CPU bottlenecks.
Insomniac mentioned this in an interview with digital foundry and the information checks out in the vrr mode for the ps5

jeez, sharpening they use is hideous at 1080p
i used photo mode to disable sharpening and look how "sharpened" it looks

14 sharpening is the default value, and how the in game looks! base game also applies sharpening to native taa as well. i hope imsomniac gives an option to disable this obnoxious sharpening. aside from that, dlaa is not a huge improvement over native taa, but it improves the clarity a bit and of course reconstructs details here and there. it is nice to have, but forced sharpening has to go

i believe that both taa and dlaa look more natural and beautiful without the sharpening filter. maybe sharpening filter works better at higher resolutions due to better subpixel resolve , but in my opinion it does not help the 1080p image a bit

another six way comparison to see how these upscalers fare at 1080p

dlaa, dlss quality, fsr quality, igti quality, no aa and finally native taa

I can't even accurately judge DLAA because the over sharpening adds more aliasing. Hopefully they patch in a slider soon.

yamaci17

Looking forward for PS4 PRO like performance on FX 6300 - RX 580 8GB ram. Should be feasible with this HW.

getting mostly 30 fps, not too good, but not too bad either. were these cpus had like fake cores or something? like they were sold as 6core 6 thread cpus but i think they performed like 3 core/6 thread cpus instead. if that's the case, we can say why it can barely perform like the ps4/ps4 pro, despite having 2 times more frequency

and 4k medium preset (probably what ps4/pro uses? just a guess) and fsr balanced, seems like getting over 30 fps. not too bad! this is truly a good port in terms of rasterization GPU performance

damn rx 580 is still alive and kicking. it even get playable framerates at 1440p. im surprised

Last edited:

yamaci17

and my final test. i can take requests if anyone wants anything else but for now i'm done

with smt off and some juice push to the CPU, i managed to get satisfactory performance out of this both with high geometry and very high geometry. i deem both playable, at least for my own expectations. sometimes I ran into GPU limit even around 60 fps too but I find it normal. Did a couple tests and 4k+dlss balanced is %28 more taxing than native 1440p. so playing at 1440p should yield better GPU bound results

and... one last sharpening comparison.

and a feast for your eyes,

Some extra CPU related benchmarks at 3.7 GHz

Maximum possible settings, 48 FPS lock (rt very high, highest crowd+traffic density, 10 object range) - 1080p (to make sure GPU is not interfering with results)

PS5 Performance Mode settings but with Very High Geometry, 60 FPS lock - 1440p

PS5 Performance Mode settings (only difference is that object range is set to 6 instead of 7 but shouldn't make a huge difference) - 1440p

extra note: I run the CPU at 3.7 GHz to simulate Ryzen 1700x performance. Normally, the CPU is able to boost to 4-4.1 GHz. Doesn't make a huge diff, but can boost frametes by %5-7 in some cases.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That's some high quality RT.

My stance stands for RT on consoles. Maybe a good PC with a great gpu can do RT well, but for consoles it's a waste.

K3M06O5.jpg
VkNSoRN.jpg
oF4MaxN.jpg
A bit late on this one, but couldnt disagree more. RT adds a lot to a game like Spiderman. Especially Miles which was designed around RT reflections and virtually every story mission featured stunning ray traced reflections that gave the visuals the depth we rarely see in games.

Fbc_1MsWYAAMLQ7

Fbc_2EZWYAAsylB

FU3ULw5XEAA7t4Z

FU3UMFaXsAYBxB9

FU3UMZ4X0AEgSe8

FU3T6uNWAAAD_EE

Im not saying RT reflections are needed in every game. Games like HFW, TLOU2, and Forza Horizon 5 dont really need RT reflections, but games set in big cities with lots of buildings need that stuff. I remember everyone going nuts over the Spiderman puddle gate downplaying the FACT that the puddles simply didnt look as good. Then a couple of years later, we finally got those reflective puddles thanks to ray tracing and it was obvious that A) Puddle gate wasnt some anti-sony conspiracy, and B) RT lets dev use reflections without having to go in and manually adjust thousands and thousands of reflective puddles and surfaces.

r4968n8wpj451.jpg

FU3T6WgWAAE_nXi

P.S most of these screenshots were taken at launch when RT reflections were just 1080p (2.1 million pixels) They have since been improved to be 4kcb. or 4.2 million pixels.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered October 6th Patch Notes​

• Added support for Intel XeSS upscaling technology.
  • Updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1.
  • Made changes to address performance degradation when raytracing is enabled.
  • Changed VRAM budgets to allow for more video memory usage.
  • Added Connect to PSN option in the menu.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the screen to turn black when switching to DLAA after DLSS had been set to Ultra Performance mode.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections at low render resolutions when screen space reflections are also enabled.
  • Reduced flicker in ray-traced reflections when DLSS or DLAA is enabled.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections on Intel ARC GPUs.
  • Minor visual fixes for some cinematics in 32:9 aspect ratio.

Mr Moose

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered October 6th Patch Notes​

• Added support for Intel XeSS upscaling technology.
  • Updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1.
  • Made changes to address performance degradation when raytracing is enabled.
  • Changed VRAM budgets to allow for more video memory usage.
  • Added Connect to PSN option in the menu.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the screen to turn black when switching to DLAA after DLSS had been set to Ultra Performance mode.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections at low render resolutions when screen space reflections are also enabled.
  • Reduced flicker in ray-traced reflections when DLSS or DLAA is enabled.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections on Intel ARC GPUs.
  • Minor visual fixes for some cinematics in 32:9 aspect ratio.
yamaci17 yamaci17

ACESHIGH

Banned
Users have to push devs and studios to highlight these issues and have them fixed. Otherwise bootlickers like Digital Foundry release a overly positive video on day one and issues are dismissed.

"Spiderman is a spectacular port on PC"
"God of war is Superb* on PC"
"Halo PC version is amazing"

*Their Ryzen 3900 and 2080ti setup powers though the issues of a game made to run on jaguar cores.

FireFly

Users have to push devs and studios to highlight these issues and have them fixed. Otherwise bootlickers like Digital Foundry release a overly positive video on day one and issues are dismissed.

"Spiderman is a spectacular port on PC"
"God of war is Superb* on PC"
"Halo PC version is amazing"

*Their Ryzen 3900 and 2080ti setup powers though the issues of a game made to run on jaguar cores.
DF were the ones highlighting the performance issues with low end CPUs/GPUs on Spiderman. And on the PC version of Infinite they identified the broken frame cap, DRS not working with an external limiter, stuttering in cutscenes, low FPS animations, limited shadow map distances and heavy CPU usage in certain areas. Alex's verdict was "It's a port that works - but still needs a lot of work".

Banned

if you already thought DF's video was bootlicking then don't watch NX Gamer's video lol, where he tried tl excuse the shit performance 🤣

Xdrive05

Also noticed that Reflex is not available on 2000 and 3000 series card yet, but it's coming. That's great! This is a low latency loving game.

yamaci17

Also noticed that Reflex is not available on 2000 and 3000 series card yet, but it's coming. That's great! This is a low latency loving game.
Biggest win that will come out of DLSS 3 for 2000 and 3000 series will be reflex implementations... no need to cap framerate to reduce input lag anymore. get whatever fps u can get. best of both worlds.

Banned
It does, both Spiderman and miles morales have full Haptic and Adaptive Triggers support. Although you need to be on wired. Wireless is a no go for them features.

it's so weird that they don't work wireless.

DS4Windows has trigger support (3 presets) wirelessly

Last edited:
Top Bottom