• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider Man Remastered (PC & Steam Deck) | Review Thread

Arun1910

Absolutely love this game.

Solid 8/10 for me. Great story, good variety in side missions, great voice acting and fun combat when you start mixing it up.

Only thing that let's the game down is the quality of side activities, they're repetitive and the variety isn't there.

Super excited to jump back in though. 4K 60fps with Ray Tracing should hopefully be possible with DLSS.

ACESHIGH

Banned
A PS PC port and we have guys running ps5 vs PC price comparison. Comfy couch, MIT degree required to open Steam and the like...
August 2022, the cope phase should have ended long time ago. Time for acceptance or repentance. Sony is going balls deep on the PC gaming market, no way around it. Theres even a Playstation PC link on the game's menu. I am sure that menu is just to get PC gamers to buy a console right? Remember when the strategy was to lure PC gamers to game on console according to armchair CEOs? Good times.

SEGA_2012

Marvel's Spider-Man continues to be one of the best superhero video games released in the last decade, thanks in no small part to Yuri Lowenthal's committed and passionate performance as Peter Parker, and the overall lighthearted tone that keeps players feeling good over the course of its 20-hour runtime. I wouldn't necessarily recommend that you run out and buy it if you've already played the base game at launch, but if you're looking for an excuse to jump back in and take a crack at all the DLC missions that have released since then, you can't go wrong here.

Yuri Lowenthal <3
Great voice actor!

Wonder if the i/o differences plays a factor in this.
0879768765856756757390904.png

TVexperto

Polygons review is the worst shit I have read in a long time. They somehow made this political...

No wonder their visits are declining each month

This was weird in 2018, and critics pointed it out at the time — then four more years went by, with even more public scrutiny and criticism of police forces in America. In 2022, Marvel’s Spider-Man feels even more out of touch with any real version of an American city.
Its a fucking video game. A game that released years ago and is now being released on PC.
What the fuck is wrong with some reviewers.

octiny

Banned
here's a comparison of the RT settings, PS5 VS max PC tho,

drgMLpb.jpg

glad to see that assets in reflections don't look like PS2 quality anymore on PC

Night & day difference in clarity, detail & RT.

The PS5 balconies crack me up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

No point in having RT if they aren't truly rendering 1:1 detail compared w/ what's being rendered from a players POV, especially when RT is so prominent w/ web slinging.

Hugare

Polygons review is the worst shit I have read in a long time. They somehow made this political...

[/URL]

No wonder their visits are declining each month

Its a fucking video game. A game that released years ago and is now being released on PC.
What the fuck is wrong with some reviewers.
This is Polygon's "thing". They make it political or anything else thats not videogames so they can get clicks.

Dont click it, ignore them.

Dont give them traffic

Pedro Motta

Whats so funny? Does it hurt you that people will enjoy this game on there pc with higher settings and framerate?

Yes we see that you are triggered.
I'm definitely not triggered, I'm not the one babbling bullshit and tech jargon with no receipts. I've seen Insomniac Games GDC presentations, and I know for a fact that Ratchet and Clank pulls more data on screen than SM:MM.

Also: "No point in having RT if they aren't truly rendering 1:1 detail compared w/ what's being rendered from a players POV, especially when RT is so prominent w/ web slinging." - Is one of the most ignorant things I've read in a tech forum.

I have a 3090 and MAYBE I'll play it 4K 60 max setting WITH DLSS. Never in a million years would I expect 120hz. Seeing that you exepect that, yes it's laughable.

octiny

Banned
Dude is a troll.
I have him blocked I suggest you do the same as he's not worth it.

You blocked me after I called you out when lied multiple times, attempted to move goal posts & couldn't answer the same questions you were posing to others.

Or do you not want me to link the thread? Exposing your bullshit & the moment you blocked me when you had no where to run?

Anyways, back on topic. Looking forward to trying this out.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I'm definitely not triggered, I'm not the one babbling bullshit and tech jargon with no receipts. I've seen Insomniac Games GDC presentations, and I know for a fact that Ratchet and Clank pulls more data on screen than SM:MM.

Also: "No point in having RT if they aren't truly rendering 1:1 detail compared w/ what's being rendered from a players POV, especially when RT is so prominent w/ web slinging." - Is one of the most ignorant things I've read in a tech forum.

I have a 3090 and MAYBE I'll play it 4K 60 max setting WITH DLSS. Never in a million years would I expect 120hz. Seeing that you exepect that, yes it's laughable.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Night & day difference in clarity, detail & RT.

The PS5 balconies crack me up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

No point in having RT if they aren't truly rendering 1:1 detail compared w/ what's being rendered from a players POV, especially when RT is so prominent w/ web slinging.
If someone cropped the PS5 pic so you couldnt see it's a building, there isn't one person on Earth who would know it's windows and balconies.

h6CDG0B.jpg

octiny

Banned

After seeing that comparison, you're crying about it being ignorant? The whole point of RT reflections is to truly reflect what's actually there. When you have to shave off more than half the detail & geometry in RT reflections then there is absolutely 0 point of having RT reflections.

And 4K120hz w/ DLSS in this game? I don't see why not. Doubt my shunt modded 3090 will have much of a problem hovering above 100 w/ DLSS. We'll just have to wait & see.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

He didn't say anything about max settings.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
here's a comparison of the RT settings, PS5 VS max PC tho,

drgMLpb.jpg

glad to see that assets in reflections don't look like PS2 quality anymore on PC

I played and enjoyed this on ps5, but damn the RT implementation is just so basic. This is from the 30 fps mode that nobody used too. I kinda wanna double dip for Steam Deck but I never even started Miles Morales.

Pedro Motta

After seeing that comparison, you're crying about it being ignorant? The whole point of RT reflections is to truly reflect what's actually there. When you have to shave off more than half the detail & geometry in RT reflections then there is absolutely 0 point of having RT reflections.

And 4K120hz w/ DLSS in this game? I don't see why not. Doubt my shunt modded 3090 will have much of a problem hovering above 100 w/ DLSS. We'll just have to wait & see.
It is ignorant, because it's the same that saying that it's not worth having a feature in the game unless it's in ULTRA HIGH graphics settings. Imagine playing on PC and being stuck with only ULTRA HIGH shadows and SSAO and SSR. Defeats the purpose of having a PC and tailoring the experience to your taste/machine capabilities.

Yes it's an ignorant comment and nothing you say will change my mind. Peace.

octiny

Banned
It is ignorant, because it's the same that saying that it's not worth having a feature in the game unless it's in ULTRA HIGH graphics settings. Imagine playing on PC and being stuck with only ULTRA HIGH shadows and SSAO and SSR. Defeats the purpose of having a PC and tailoring the experience to your taste/machine capabilities.

Yes it's an ignorant comment and nothing you say will change my mind. Peace.

Except we're not talking about "ultra settings". RT is ment to to do one of many things w/ reflections being a huge one. RT reflections are literally meant to mirror the surroundings around you correctly, if it's not doing that then there's no point of having it enabled.

Good SSR beats shit RT reflections (highly reduced detail/geometry of your actual surroundings) any day of the week, especially when you account for the performance hit. Reducing RT reflection resolution is one thing & is the most common differentiating method between low-medium-high, but when you start reducing the detail & geometry in said reflections to PS2 levels just to say "we have RT reflections" then there's no point of using it. It defeats the purpose of RT reflections which is the precise representation of your surroundings.

So no, it's not ignorant. You're just exacting damage control given your post history.

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

Except we're not talking about "ultra settings". RT is ment to to do one of many things, w/ reflections being a huge one. RT reflections are literally meant to mirror the surroundings around you correctly, if it's not doing that then there's no point of having it enabled. Good SSR beats shit RT reflections any day of the week, especially when you account for the performance hit.

So no, it's not ignorant. You're just exacting damage control given your post history.
"Good SSR beats shit RT reflections."

I'm out, this is too much for me.

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Then show me how it goes, we'll see who's laughing.

Anyway, enjoy the game, it's a good one. You'll be ok with 4K 60.
9399b3e1-8bc8-4e81-b009-6c22bf8debdd_text.gif

I already own the PS4 collectors edition with all the DLC but didn't have the PS5 edition since it was locked behind Spiderman: MM limited edition. Im gonna double dip and play this maxed out 4k120 with DLSS hopefully.
I have already finished it twice, next time read the whole post before posting memes. And i said clearly hopefully at the end, but you got triggered and started posting memes. And if not this year, i will play this at 4K120 maxed out next year when the 4090 launches or something thats even faster.

octiny

Banned
"Good SSR beats shit RT reflections."

I'm out, this is too much for me.

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

Sorry the truth hurts. Unless you enjoy looking at PS2 level of detail in a reflection which is supposed to accurately reflect what the players seeing? You know, the whole point of having RT reflections in the first place?

Edit: The fact that you quoted me saying good SSR beats poor RT reflection implementation as if it was a major "gotcha moment" shows me you really have no clue of what you're talking about. It's not a very hot topic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom