• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masayasu Ito to resign as Sony Interactive Entertainment representative director and deputy president

Bullet Club

Masayasu Ito to resign as Sony Interactive Entertainment representative director and deputy president​

Lin Tao to replace Ito.

2w4iMnS.jpg

Masayasu Ito will resign as representative director and deputy president of Sony Interactive Entertainment on October 1, and current director and deputy president Lin Tao will replace Ito, the company announced.

Kiichiro Urata, the head of Japan Asia partner development and relations for Sony Interactive Entertainment, will also be appointed company director.
Ito oversaw hardware engineering and operations for Sony Interactive Entertainment, and played an integral role in the planning of various PlayStation hardware over the years, including PlayStation 5 and PlayStation VR. He has worked for Sony Interactive Entertainment since April 2008, and before that at Sony Corporation for nearly 11 years.

According to Bloomberg, which cited people familiar with the matter, Ito’s resignation is due to reaching retirement age, and he will simultaneously resign from Sony Group as a whole. (Update 1:23 a.m.: A Sony representative has confirmed to Bloomberg that Ito’s retirement is due to his age.)

Source: Gematsu

Jennings

Retirement age, what a concept. I wish more retirement-aged people would retire. Well, I guess I wish most of them could retire. But it's the ones that can but choose to stay put in ceiling positions that really punch my balls.

Get out of the way.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned

It says Masayasu Ito is resigning "due to retirement age" but he only took up the representative director and deputy president role in April 2021 (ie less than 2 years ago). Plus there are loads of company directors (especially in Japan) who don't retire for fuckinggg everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I dunno seems a bit odd that he'd be promoted (under Kodera) only to almost immediately retire under Ryan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom