• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect releases infograph showing player choices and other stats

cormack12

Gold Member
This infograph will obviously have spoilers. There is a spoiler tag in the thread title. If you are spoiled, blame yourself.

E7T7D42UYAQ7-fm

Zannegan

This is kind of awesome, and way better than the "10,000,000,000 guns upgraded!" stats I was expecting.

I'm surprised that whiner Kaidan got even 40% though. I'm guessing most of that was on replays. =P

I was actually looking forward to see how the Rachni Queen stuff develops. Lol. Doesn't she send you an email in one of the sequels?

Cant believe people go into a Create your own character, Sci-fi space adventure with Tech and "Magic" skills and just pick...Soldier. People are so boring :/
I think it is the default choice no? Not to mention it is pretty generic and thus more understandable for a lot of people - especially those who don't play too often.

Valt7786

I think it is the default choice no? Not to mention it is pretty generic and thus more understandable for a lot of people - especially those who don't play too often.
It is the default choice. It just saddens me that there's lunkheads out there picking this up and just mashing A to get to the start.
That "Assault Rifle go BRRRRRR" meme is very applicable here.

Mithos

mass-effect-infographic-566x1024.webp

Seems to be ME3 only but I think I've seen one having all three of them. Maybe I remember wrong.

Mass effect 2 Statistics.

LlWQnUL.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Almost every single female Lets Play mass effect youtuber picks Liara over Kaidan.

Meanwhile broshep virtually gets his own harem in ME2.

Cant believe people go into a Create your own character, Sci-fi space adventure with Tech and "Magic" skills and just pick...Soldier. People are so boring :/

Some people like the idea of creating "Super-normal" character, that is, characters without any magic or powers but that have achieved perfection in mundane ways of killing things. Characters like John Wick, or Rock Lee, or the guy with the horn-rimmed glasses from Heroes.

This said... I picked Vanguard.

Fbh

I always hopes a sequel to the ME trilogy would offer non human options for the main character, but looking at those average choices I guess I understand why they'd think it isn't worth the effort.
I always save Kaiden though lol. Ashley is just unlikable and actively hates all that alien ass Shepard is going after.

Flabagast

All important narrative choices are one sided to 90-95% selection of one solution ("good" solution) by players (except Kaiden vs Ashley).

It shows why devs can be so reluctant to develop meaningful choices and consequences in big budget games as it costs a ton to produce something that only a very small fraction of players will get to see.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Nice of them to include the reporter choice. :) Easiest choice in the game.

Almost 70% male Shepards - some people are going to have meltdowns about players making poor choices ;)

Last edited:
It is the default choice. It just saddens me that there's lunkheads out there picking this up and just mashing A to get to the start.
Why would people spend a lot of time in the character creation menu if they want to play the game? It is not Sims after all. Even in TES, I think people don't spend that much time in character editor.

MaKTaiL

I chose the default Fem sheppard this time around so default face and soldier class. Soldier makes the game incredibly easy IMO even on Insanity. Really liked the Fem Shep voice actor and personality much more than Male Shep back when I played at lauinch.

That "Assault Rifle go BRRRRRR" meme is very applicable here.
To be fair, when you get into specialized classes you never know if one of them is just going to straight up suck because it's stuck with shit ass abilities. There are tons of examples in games of classes that sound cool but are awful to play. At least with a soldier you know what you are getting.

I see posts like this crop up from time to time at gamefaqs and usually I will see people bashing Ash because "racism" For myself, I keep Kaiden alive because I miss KOTOR 1.

I see posts like this crop up from time to time at gamefaqs and usually I will see people bashing Ash because "racism" For myself, I keep Kaiden alive because I miss KOTOR 1.
Ashley Williams is my fav. People can bash her all they want those people are idiots. She is a babe!!!

Stuart360

Nice of them to include the reporter choice. :) Easiest choice in the game.

Almost 70% male Shepards - some people are going to have meltdowns about players making poor choices ;)
'70% of gamers are bigots!'

I was hoping to see Renegade and Paragon numbers here (unless i missed them). Imo going renegade is sooo much more fun, and hilarious at times.

Dr Bass

Interesting numbers.

Man I loved this game back in the 360 days. One of the best gaming experiences I thought I had for that whole generation. Good times.

To never punch her so that you get the hidden paragon interrupt scene in 3 where she finally breaks down & shep comforts her, I agree its the easiest choice. :messenger_sunglasses:
High five for getting reporters to break down on live tv in front of the whole galaxy. And getting extra War Assets for her crocodile tears.

brian0057

Banned
To never punch her so that you get the hidden paragon interrupt scene in 3 where she finally breaks down & shep comforts her, I agree its the easiest choice. :messenger_sunglasses:
This.
She may be a cunt but she's just doing her job. And the payoff in 3 is worth restraining the impulse to deck her.
I wish modern day journalists were as dedicated as she was.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
I still remember I had Kaiden live and Ashley become dust back on my original playthrough when ME first came out. Can't remember why I chose him to live but he is my canon survivor as boring as he is.

Last edited:
But your squad mates fill those roles and you still direct them to use those abilities (at least, I always had them set so I had full control over their abilities).

gow3isben

So male shepard advantage has gone down from 80% to 70%?

Unsurprising considering how media keeps pushing girl power 24/7

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I killed the Rachni queen in ME1 every time. Fuck the Rachni.
Yeah same here, killed her already in ME1. I'm guessing people left her alive because of going with a paragon character or not wanting to lose resources for ME3?

Last edited:
Top Bottom