• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mastiff Announces Gungrave: Overdose.. & some new media

Santo

Mastiff Announces Gungrave: Overdose

June 18, 2004

Mastiff today announced Gungrave: Overdose for the PlayStation 2. Overdose features the character design of noted anime artists Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun) and Kosuke Fujishima (Sakura Wars) and a soundtrack composed by Tsuneo Imahori (Trigun, Hajime No Ippo).

Beyond-The-Grave, our favorite undead-Mafioso-turned-almost-good-guy, is back to kick ass against the Corsione family and prevent them from using the Seed to gain control of the world. Joining Grave are two new unlockable characters: Juji Kabane, a blind, foul-mouthed, and perpetually angry swordsman who wears a shabby overcoat and carries a pair of gunblades, and Rocketbilly Redcadillac, a rock star who wears a red riding jacket and sports a slick ducktail.

The designers of Gungrave: Overdose believe in the art of the kill, and to prove it they introduced Artistic Points, earned through elegant and effective destruction. Artistic Points unlock hidden moves and power-ups.

“Gungrave: Overdose blows up real good. It’s over-the-top, non-stop action. I’m just worried someone is going to make us slap a ‘Warning: Danger of Addiction’ label on the box.” says Bill Swartz, Head Woof at Mastiff.

Joining Gungrave: Overdose for the PlayStation 2 on retail shelves this fall will be a series of DVDs and soundtracks from the anime TV series published by Geneon Entertainment. Please see GungraveDVD.com for more information.

>> full article
>> new screenshots

jumpback.jpg

blast.jpg

neptunes

[japanese accent]...BRENDAN HEAT..[/japanese accent]

I can't wait to play another GunGrave game now that I watched the anime :)

WarPig

He died in the flashbacks in the original Gungrave, too. He's pretty hard to kill, it seems.

The import version of the game wasn't all that hot, IMO. Show looks like it might be good for a larf, though.

DFS.

aku:jiki

Wario64 said:
I hope the game is fun this time
The original was always fun. It was just very short-lived. The short life-span doesn't negate the fun, though.

OD is a much less tight experience, and above all (for me), it has much less style and cool. That's half of what I loved about the original -- all the style. OD is much tackier and..bleh. I wasn't impressed with the 20-30 minutes I played anyway, and I'm a big fan of the first game.

Props to Mastiff for it anyway, though. They really are rocking it lately.

He died in the flashbacks in the original Gungrave, too. He's pretty hard to kill, it seems.

Huh? Have you seen the anime? The doctor was not around anymore (as in dead) to keep Brandon going. Grave died for good. He was literally falling apart those last few eps. I'm just curious where in the story this OD game fits in.

Ill Saint

Very disappointing to hear that Red kinda dropped the ball on this one.

The original is still one of my most played and loved games. Nothing like chaining the whole beginning of stage 2 for the 500+ Beat. So damn satisfying...

Top Bottom