• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt Booty on State of Decay 3: "They're working with The Coalition up in Vancouver using technology around Unreal Engine5 and stuff in Gears of War"

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
J2LtvFY.png

Do you know what would be great?

Instead of all this PR, media, “Talk”

Actually show us some gameplay of these games or a tangible release date.

Dude comes across as an absolute clown in all honesty.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

A sensible take then.
i mean...unless 50-65 is consider good for you then i guess its ok.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
You sound like such a fanboy. You don't need to be a game developer to see how badly MS has managed this generation. Just look at Halo Infinite and the fact that they have NOTHING in 2022. When you have Sony and Nintendo consistently releasing great exclusives and MS failing at that you don't need a degree in game development. You look at the competition and see how MS compares. You're OK with having no good exclusives throughout an entire year?

Microsoft ****ed up so bad we still can't find new Xbox's on store shelves and it's the best selling XBox in history.

Such a big **** up.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
You sound like such a fanboy. You don't need to be a game developer to see how badly MS has managed this generation. Just look at Halo Infinite and the fact that they have NOTHING in 2022. When you have Sony and Nintendo consistently releasing great exclusives and MS failing at that you don't need a degree in game development. You look at the competition and see how MS compares. You're OK with having no good exclusives throughout an entire year?
I'm a fanboy because I said you should try making your own game? Lol

I work in film production. COVID turned the world on its head and everything with it. It's a real thing. It's easy to nag professional creators from forums like these when you have no clue how this stuff works. It's like screaming at them from outside the dev house on how to make a game, and you don't have the real world experience to even do that. I'm not a fanboy. I just have no illusions about what it takes to do this stuff. It NEVER begins on a gaming forum.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I love the previous games, but they never felt like AAA titles at all, and that was surely missed.

Why are you acting like Sony hasn't been dry this year outside the upcoming God Of War? Yes there hasn't been a big game from Microsoft this year outside Game Pass, but considering the sales and stock issues the common consumer seems to be finding games to play anyway.

Sony only recently released a 9 year old game a third time, and then God of War later, otherwise it's been a dry year.

Nintendo has exclusives because they have to, they also have no handheld competition so third party exclusives are guaranteed.

I'm not going to say that the delays aren't a problem, they are as it's been a problem with Xbox since 2013, look at how long it took from Crackdown 3's announcement until release, almost 6 years, but let's not act like Microsoft is the only one that's had a dry year.

I love the previous games, but they never felt like AAA titles at all, and that was surely missed.

They were never originally intended to be AAA, that wouldn't have been possible for the studio until after MS brought them

Top Bottom