• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne - 20 Year Anniversary

MP1/2 are some of the most atmospheric and fun game memories for me personally. Picked up the BC editions on the Xbox Store, glad to hear positive impressions on this thread.

Wish Remedy would buy back the franchise rights from R* and continue. Control is amazing in its own right and seeing the environmental destruction in the Northlight engine made me think how amazing MP would be on modern HW.

fatmarco

Max Payne 1 is a good version on Xbox Emulation but I just can't enjoy looking at Max Payne 2 on Xbox anymore knowing what it's meant to look like on PC.

8RjBTVhzxqRQ5oHhFR6v4B-1200-80.jpg

vs
84074.jpeg

I want a proper port of all three games to current gen. Need a definitive version on console.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Would be so good if Remedy did another Max Payne game. I didn't care for the setting in MP3, definitely prefer a grittier tone.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

My needlessly long Max Payne series retrospective.

Chapters:

0:00 Intro
6:13 Max Payne
32:02 Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
53:21 Max Payne 3
1:21:00 Thank you so much & outro

Game footage:

Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Max Payne 3
Dishonored
Gothic 2
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
Beyond Good and Evil
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

An undercover cop's life is ripped apart in a New York Minute and my space is invaded.

00:00 - Intro
01:30 - History
08:16 - Story
14:07 - Spoiler Break
14:34 - Spoilers
39:31 - End of Spoilers
44:05 - Gameplay
54:02 - Sight/Sound
1:03:17 - GBA Version
1:07:36 - Film Adaptation
1:15:52 - Bitter Recompense
1:24:33 - Conclusion