• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne - Where Art Thou?

chigstoke

So at the end of Max Payne 3, we see he's pretty much done with all the crime fighting nonsense. He's enjoying sunning it up in Bahia.

Of course, being the selfish human being that I am, I want Max to stumble into yet more trouble. I want another Max Payne game.
However, that begs the question IMO, how do you go about a Max Payne 4 when the ending to 3 seemed fairly conclusive? It'd take a massive fuck up to start having to bullet time the beaches of Bahia.

Is there scope for a fourth game? Well Max could move back to the city, but I'm assuming he will never go back to NYC. His wife is dead, his child is dead, Mona is dead, he took down Aesir Corporation, killed Vlad and then went and sorted out some baddies in Rio.

I guess you could say he deserves to rest, he's been through a lot.

Which leaves either two options if you don't go for a fourth game, for me anyway. I'd either like to see a remaster of 1/2, or Max Payne 2 from the perspective of Mona Sax instead, with some missions from 2 thrown when you got to play as her.

Thoughts? Another game/remaster or let the series go?

HE1NZ

Banned
Max Payne 3 ending wasn't very satisfiying. We need another one. Preferably without Houser.

Last edited:
I love the series, but it reached its end in Max Payne 3. Max Payne 2 was my favorite anyway, polished the gameplay of the first one quite a bit. Max Payne 3 felt far less responsive than the snappyness of the second game.

MrS

Banned
I would love a remaster/remake of 3 either on PS4 or PS5. I need that multiplayer in my life again. So fucking good.

There's only one reason the franchise hasn't yet continued and that's poor sales.

I highly recommend watching these series on it. Thoroughly researched and entertaining.

-YFC-

I'd like to see mp 4. There's room for it in the story. I'd rather not have any reboots and remakes, the industry has too much of those already.
And I never quite understood the hate MP3 got, it was the best game in the series and it was quite enjoyable. And I finished the first and the second one.

Live the series, and 3 still has the best mechanics and gameolay for a TPS . I want another game, reboot, remake anything.
I agree. Max Payne 3 with mouse + keyboard is pure perfection when it comes to the sense of being in control of a character from third person perspective.

He was getting a bit old and out of place in 3 the way they portrayed that in 3 was plastered all over it. Was either his end of retirement for good!

I couldn't imagine him coming back for a 4. It would be like having Arnold come back for another Terminator....... Again

Let the man rest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom