• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maximum Football is a New Free-to-Play Football Game Built Using Unreal Engine 5

Gorgyles

Banned
TImnApt.gif
soccertard tantrum thread

Robbinhood

Banned
The ball is one foot long Incels. Thats why its called FOOTBALL

If 2k stuck around we'd have an amazing football game right now, Madden is unplayable. This looks meh.

Ar¢tos

If 2k stuck around we'd have an amazing football game right now, Madden is unplayable. This looks meh.
People in America all have same size feet? 😲

Even the women?
That's disturbing....

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I mean, this isn't true, but if it were I could almost accept it as a reasonable explanation. Except that using random body parts as a unit of measurement is dumb in the first place, of course.

digdug2

Maximum American Football would have avoided all the "hue hue hue this ain't footy" comments.

Last edited:
On Topic:

I really hope this game does well. I used to love NFL/NCAA games and bought at least one per year. When EA bought the rights, it destroyed an entire genre of gaming. Anyone who's grown up in the Madden-era has no idea how good it used to be having competing titles every year.

Edit: I still remember seeing NFL2k on the Dreamcast for the first time..............I couldn't process it. It was mindblowing.

Last edited:

RafterXL

Nobody in Europe gives a single shit about American "football". We just enjoy laughing at how dumb it is that you call it "football".
Whatever you say.

The fact that you guys literally can't help yourselves from injecting these comments into any discussion about football says otherwise.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The close up hits and tackles look fine (98% of the video).

The remaining 2% of the video which was gameplay using a traditional behind the cam Madden view looked like hot garbage.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I wouldn't mind a casual arcadey American Football game for us not familiar with the sport. This does not seem to be the case.

LarsQMorient

Neo Member

Bluecondor

I played Madden and NCAA for years, and my love for NFL and NCAA video games basically died after the end of the NCAA series due to the federal court cases on NIL (which were absolutely warranted and justified by the way).

One thing I have never understood about these games is why they don't go full HAM on making an interesting backstory for the fake league, teams and players. They could basically go all in on mature themes (drugs, organized crime/gambling ties, sex, steroids, etc.) like what you see in movies like Any Given Sunday for American football (with Al Pacino as the ruthless head coach) or He Got Game for college basketball (Ray Allen as Jesus Shuttlesworth) and have a really cool backstory for the game's multi-season franchise mode. You would be so immersed in the storyline, and playing the game over multiple seasons would be really interesting, as every team and every player could have a fascinating backstory. If they wanted to go all in, they could even make a GTAIII level city around it where the players, coaches, recruits, etc. would have main story missions and side missions related both to the sport (and building character stats) and to themes related to drugs, crime, sex, steroids, etc.

Just looking at this trailer, it comes off as a generic sports game with a fictional college football league, with fictional teams and fictional players - with no interesting backstory or environment that would make me care about it.

Americans. They speak american not english, apparently.

They were founded by the British (English) and got so pissed off they tried to steal our language and make it their own but us Brits will always remind them they are wrong.
Hey, don't make us come over there and kick your ass...AGAIN.

Mel Gibson America GIF

Pejo

Doesn't look bad, especially for the pricetag. However, we've seen time and again that stuff that isn't officially licensed by the NFL just doesn't attract or keep an audience. Even if you can manually enter it all in by hand.

Top Bottom