• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maybe we'll finally see something about an actual PS5 next Sunday October 4th

This is already a bit old but I didn't see people remembering and commenting.
Gematsu says that next sunday japanese youtubers will post first hand impressions and gameplay with the PS5 that Sony arranged to them during the Youtube Gaming Week.
The List:

What do you think we'll see?
First a very controlled and limited hands-on or Sony really game those people a real unit to test like Microsoft did? My bet in on a very limited experience, showing just more of the games we already know and nothing about the actual experience of using the video game.

And by the way, no you morons, the video game exists and I never questioned that, how illiterate can you people be?

If Sony don't change behavior fast they're in for a surprise this generation.

Last edited:

TeKtheSanE

I'd say we will just see more of the same that they have shown. Maybe get a description of the controller in some users' hands, and if lucky maybe we can see what the new menu UI is going to look like.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Well, if it’s first hand impressions and gameplay, I’d say we’re getting at least footage of real time gameplay of launch titles. Whether they actually allow the UI to be seen is another thing.

For all those of you who think they won’t show that much because it’s for a Japanese audience... this is a Japanese company. Check yo western priviledge, mother fucker!

Sleepwalker

I'm not watching that, but I will wait for the neogaf thread with the highlights lol. Hopefully we finally see one of this in action and turned on.

i want to see actual hardware cold booting games fast, including BC...then im sold

i missed the second half of ps4, so filling RAM in 2s like larger PS5 games would be a big seller (for me only imo sorry mods)

Sony PS5 marketing strategy is to have no strategy and save millions. Brilliant.

That's actually not a bad strategy. Everyone and their grandmas already know that the PS5 is coming out this Christmas. And with the demand far outpacing the supplies, with Sony selling every console that reaches the retailer's shelves, there's no need to spend much on advertisement right now. Let the word-of-mouth do the work for them.

Dogman

All signs point to it. What else do you need? A signed document from Sony and a press conference?...
This is like saying the Xbox is unfinished because we havent seen a next gen game run on it yet. Do you seriously think Sony has yet to finish the PS5 despite the fact that millions of units have been manufactured and are gonna be in people's hands in 6 weeks?

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
This is like saying the Xbox is unfinished because we havent seen a next gen game run on it yet. Do you seriously think Sony has yet to finish the PS5 despite the fact that millions of units have been manufactured and are gonna be in people's hands in 6 weeks?

anaphase

Yes.

Yes I do.

I'm in the software industry, this happens all the time. Usually launches get pushed. Sony isn't doing that to their detriment.

The fact that you're not questioning it yourself is concerning. But you go ahead, ppl make uninformed decisions all the time, be one of those.

Japanese toilet technology in the palms of your hands.

honoredtoacceptyourwaste.gif

Dogman

Just for fun, given your post history.

What's the evidence that it is?

Have you seen the ui? The boot up? Seen a display in a store?

Don't worry I'll wait
Thats not how it works. If you are making a claim against what is accepted, you have the burden of providing the proof. Sony have not delayed the console. They have actually stated that they have manufactured and shipped many of them. So there is definitely evidence that is done (you cant ship a console without software). Once again, what is the evidence that it is unfinished?

Them not showing stuff is not proof, as there are many reasons why that are not "its not done yet"

John2290

For the love of god, it's October. Show the damn UI and system, give us the features or lack of, Let us know the plans for VR and wrap it all up in a bow like, nice and neat. They've no confidence at all so why the fuck should we have any?

PS4 got a very big day1 patch that added a lot of features. Essential features even.

it’s very possible that the PS5 system software is bare bones and also lacking lots of features, so Sony doesn’t want to show it. It’s actually the only explanation that makes sense given how we’ve seen pretty much nothing of the UI so far.

Dogman

PS4 got a very big day1 patch that added a lot of features. Essential features even.

it’s very possible that the PS5 system software is bare bones and also lacking lots of features, so Sony doesn’t want to show it. It’s actually the only explanation that makes sense given how we’ve seen pretty much nothing of the UI so far.
All consoles have this

All consoles have this

This only proves the point as you were saying that everything is done and consoles are already shipping.

Sony is definitely still working on the UI, Microsoft most likely as well. Difference is that MS seems confident in what they have, Sony isn’t.

Whats the evidence that the console is unfinished?

Things are getting suspicious when they are not even showing basic things and features that we saw on previous consoles much earlier in advance. I don’t think everything on the console like the UI is ready yet.

Last edited:

Dogman

This only proves the point as you were saying that everything is done and consoles are already shipping.

Sony is definitely still working on the UI, Microsoft most likely as well. Difference is that MS seems confident in what they have, Sony isn’t.
I obviously meant it is not abnormally unfinished. I know all consoles need a day one patch for features, but my original response was to this guy
No one was allowed to touch, no one could see the OS and interface...
This was not enough.
How can people insist that this is ok? This thing willl really launch unfinished?
who clearly was talking as if sony were gonna launch a console without an OS or something.

The XSX will need a day one patch too. Doesnt mean it is launching unfinished

And their timing of releasing info has nothing to do with confidence. People said the same when Xbox had their first games showcase, and Sony blew theirs out of the water. Its a matter of when the info will create the biggest impact in mindshare

Thats not how it works. If you are making a claim against what is accepted, you have the burden of providing the proof. Sony have not delayed the console. They have actually stated that they have manufactured and shipped many of them. So there is definitely evidence that is done (you cant ship a console without software). Once again, what is the evidence that it is unfinished?

Them not showing stuff is not proof, as there are many reasons why that are not "its not done yet"

Ii1P.gif

Allow me to make a prediction. When people unbox the PS5 and hook it up to their TVs and turn it on, it will have a functioning operating system.

Let's see if I'm right about this.

Top Bottom