• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s unveils fan-inspired ‘menu hacks’

mcdonalds-hacks-99.jpg

Not sure what to get at McDonald’s? Just combine a Big Mac, a McChicken and a Filet-o-Fish into a single, giant sandwich.

The fast-food giant is rolling out “menu hacks” where customers can choose from four different combinations of their favorites — and which some weaker stomachs might find intimidating.

Breakfast fans who love their Sausage McMuffin with egg and a hash brown can stack one on top of the other and enjoy a Hash Brown McMuffin, for example.

A double cheeseburger doesn’t have to be eaten with the McNuggets on the side. Instead, the nuggets and barbecue sauce can be stuffed under the bun to create a “Crunchy Double.”

There’s also the “Surf and Turf” — a concoction that allows diners to combine a Filet-o-Fish and a double cheeseburger. The “Surf and Turf” is offered exclusively through the app.

mcdonalds-hacks-04.jpg

Those with outsize appetites can go big with the “Land, Air, and Sea” — a monster mash-up that puts together a Big Mac, a McChicken sandwich, and a Filet-o-Fish.

The new items will be available for a limited time only beginning on Monday.

McDonald’s said it invited fans to create their own menu hacks and post their concoctions on social media. Sarah Sandlin, a social media influencer, came up with the Hash Brown McMuffin.

“I’ve been saying for years that the Hash Brown goes inside of the Sausage McMuffin with egg…that extra little crispy bite is the real breakfast cheat code,” she said.

mcdonalds-hacks-03.jpg

“This campaign shows that it has never been ‘our menu’ — the menu belongs to our fans,” said Jennifer Healan, McDonald’s vice president of marketing.

Last week, the Chicago-based company announced that it would expand its pilot roll-out of its McPlant burger — the meatless patty created in conjunction with Beyond Meat.

What started as a trial at eight selection locations has now grown into a promotion in some 600 restaurants in and around San Francisco and Dallas-Fort Worth.

A senior analyst said on Wednesday that he was stunned to see sales of the McPlant surpass his expectations.

mcdonalds-hacks-02.jpg

Rran

Who's going to eat a Big Mac, McChicken, AND a Filet-o-Fish in one sitting?? Holy moly.

This thing just seems ripe for parody too, blending together all sorts of fast food staples into one stomach-churning smorgasbord...

belmarduk

These are real lazy especially compared to something like Arby's meat mountain.

Arby's has really stepped up its game recently.
A carrot made entirely of meat? Yes Plase.
Curly fry flavored vodka? I think it would make a damn good bloody mary
A sandwich so spicy it must come with a milkshake? Sign me up!

20cent

Banned
I've done mc muffin + hash brown or with fries instead, but the rest sounds disgusting and random

Last edited:

HoodWinked

I heard you still have to assemble it yourself.

So it's just a front end where you can order the hacked item but the system just translates it to the individual items. So it's basically free for McDonald's to do so why not.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I guess they answered the question of whether they could sink any lower than the 'Saweetie meal'.

Ionian

Sausage, Egg MCMuffin with a hash brown.

That's been on the menu for as long as I can remember for breakfast. Only the hash brown isn't in the burger, it comes separate. It has it's own place in a little paper covering.

Airport and fat fucks menu more like. Weren't they trying to be more health conscious?

Ah yes, I'd love a salad, let's go to McDonalds.

This menu would be laughed at by most people as it's absurd. It's basically the most bought products stuffed into one piece. (Not gonna lie, I barely eat fast-food anymore but I'd try one, just to say I did).

Proof of the breakfast thing;

Last edited:

Ribi

Fuck that i always ordered "McDouble w/ shredded lettuce and mac sauce" basically a big mac for 1.20 until the fucked their prices

FunkMiller

Does the use of the word 'hack' refer to what the surgeon has to do to open up your rib cage to give you the heart bypass?

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Stacking gross shit on top of other gross shit doesn't produce any novel outputs.
Unfortunately, it seems fast food chains encourage this sometimes without a DIY menu, though. I recall some of the horrific inventions that Hardees would come up with and felt more appalled that anyone would/could eat these concoctions. I'm not even going to form a thought or speculation on the amount of sodium and preservatives in any one of these particular items. Right now in Mexico, the government is required to slap large warnings on every mass produced food product in retail which aren't far from the surgeon general warnings seen on a pack of cigarettes. People will still ingest these things but I don't want to know what it's doing to the metabolism, blood cells, etc...

dorkimoe

The hash brown one is the only one I would buy. I actually tried my own the other day. It was pretty good. But yeah it’s pretty lazy.

lmao, 1330 calories for the land, air, sea sammich alone. Add a large fry and a drink and you get your 2000 daily caloric intake in one meal. Brilliant!

No wonder half the country is obese and pre diabetic.

lem0n

As a fat guy, no thank you. If you're gonna build a crazy sandwich don't use ingredients you can scrape out of a drain

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
lmao, 1330 calories for the land, air, sea sammich alone. Add a large fry and a drink and you get your 2000 daily caloric intake in one meal. Brilliant!

No wonder half the country is obese and pre diabetic.
I get very little physical activity with my management job (WFH). To me, 2,000 even seems steep.
I'm trying wrap my mind around land, air, sea and how your arteries don't just clog immediately after eating something like that. Or kidney failure from the mass amounts of sodium...

Top Bottom