• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2016 (Apr 11 - Apr 17)

It sold less than 2nd entry curse games from the get go >.>
Hyrule Warriors is a global product.
a3fdf692.gif

hiska-kun

Wii U supply looks better last weeks. There should be bigger shipments available for Golden Week.

Come on, what do you mean, Wii U would be selling 50k/week if not for those shortage!

Seriously, looks like we're finally seeing the end of those shortages?

For instance, at Sofmap Akiba they have received two new shipments of Wii U during this week. So, it seems things about shortages are starting to become less usual, and some stores are directly aiming to use the word "popular good" attached to the product.

Well, Nintendo has to deal with the investors this thursday, so they can at least say: "It's true, we screwed it but look! we're trying to fix the problem, and soon will be solved".
-.-

L~A

Well, Nintendo has to deal with the investors this thursday, so they can at least say: "It's true, we screwed it but look! we're trying to fix the problem, and soon will be solved".
-.-

I think you should brace yourself for some truly impressive positive spinning, such as:

"Sales were so strong during the last quarter of 2015, we had to use shipments allocated to Q1 2016 to meet demand. Also, sales during Q1 2016 remained at a much higher level than initially anticipated, and so we were not able to meet demand. Retailers have had to restrict purchase to one unit per customer, and price of used units have skyrocketted due to strong demand".

;)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
CyberConnect2 is also opening up a Montreal studio.

The game referred to earlier in the thread is a downloadable, self-published title (that may also have a retail version, perhaps only in Japan) and is part of CyberConnect2 exploring cheaper digital options for more creatively risky projects.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/cybercon...-shooting-action-game-opening-montreal-studio

Hyrule Warriors 2 will break that curse. :)

Please anticipate.

I'm not holding my breath on it, but the main way I'd imagine this not going down is that 1.) Hyrule Warriors reviewed way better than most Musou titles, 2.) being on a new platform should at least make the game look different (unless it's basically exactly the same but in 1080p, which is possible), and 3.) given it isn't out already, there's a chance they'll actually try to change things up enough that it feels like a sequel instead of a filler-game-reshash type product.

If the game is "It's more Hyrule Warriors, but now it's 50% more game!!!" I can't see this breaking the trend.

Oregano

It's not ambiguous, just general. CC2 is a developer, not a publisher, so if they want to talk about something they're developing in general without making any firm announcements before the publisher is prepared to, they'll just say console or portable. Nothing unusual about it really. I mean who knows, if it's a worldwide game, it could be for XB1 too.

Yup, that's right. Looks like it's PS4/XB1/Steam.

2.7m downloads for Denpa Ningen no RPG Free!.

> http://www.4gamer.net/games/264/G026408/20160426005/

Ha, well now I look silly!

Come on, what do you mean, Wii U would be selling 50k/week if not for those shortage!

Seriously, looks like we're finally seeing the end of those shortages?
Hey now, come on guys.

Compared to the Xbone the Wii U is fucking popular as hell there. Your guys' standards are just too high.

...Seriously tho, are there any potential multi-million sellers coming out before YW3?

Bruno MB

Animal Crossing has crossed 5 million units, will it be the last game in Japan on a dedicated console to reach that mark?

FY3/2016 (Apr.'15-Mar.'16)

Animal Crossing - 310.000 / 5.150.000

Also, Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest shipments including digital sales surpasses Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem to become the best selling entry in the series.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest - 780.000
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - 776.000

noobie

Banned
is this going to be the smallest Media Create thread? normally thread use to be 10 - 15 pages. What NOT happened this week.

MANUELF

Banned
Animal Crossing has crossed 5 million units, will it be the last game in Japan on a dedicated console to reach that mark?

FY3/2016 (Apr.'15-Mar.'16)

Animal Crossing - 310.000 / 5.150.000

Also, Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest shipments including digital sales surpasses Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem to become the best selling entry in the series.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest - 780.000
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - 776.000

WOW so Fire Emblem sold over a million in America in 2 months?
Also any japanese number for pokemon?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
WOW so Fire Emblem sold over a million in America in 2 months?
Also any japanese number for pokemon?

It Sold almost 450,000 in USA by end of March at retail. Should be easy over 550,000 including digital. ( it was < 85K digitally in February ).

1.84m Worldwide is shipped.

So apparently Wii U global shipments for the next 12 months are forcast lower than what were sold in Japan 2015, if 800k was the number they gave.

Top Bottom