• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2016 (May 30 - Jun 05)

Fisico

Is there something wrong with AA6? I've read that the tempo is slower than past entries.

Maybe the Maya hype isn't real after all ?

So far the series has been in a downward spiral for more than half a decade, I do want to believe that AA6 was supposed to stop it but it wouldn't be that surprising if it didn't in the end and end up around 300-350k LTD.

I think Comgnet preorder points were underwhelming but it was fine looking at Tsutaya ranking, is that correct ?

L~A

If you don't mind, wait until next week. For the moment the comparison hasn't changed since the last time, but it might change next week if it increases again.
Maybe the reason of these small increases is the Wii U version releasing in a few weeks, marketing for this version could be afecting positively the 3DS version too.

It's ok. Reason I asked was to see if there was a change, so if there isn't there's no need for them yet.

Not sure if this is news but 2DS is also discontinued.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardware/lineup/index.html

Well, as explained on the previous page, not sure you could talk of discontinuation for the Pokémon 2DS bundles which were clearly limited.

That reminds me, went to check yesterday, and the page was actually updated a while ago (not recent), so if even if there were subsequent shipments, they were not big at all.

Well, in late July we'll have more shipment numbers from Nintendo, so we'll see just how many 2DS they made and shipped in total.

Is there something wrong with AA6? I've read that the tempo is slower than past entries.

Haven't really paid close attention to be honest. We'll see on Wednesday, but I'm not expecting any major drop or anything.

mao2

Amazon is selling Mobage coins and Nintendo eShop pre-paid cards for 5% off. Looks like the demand is high.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_2
Man, I wish Amazon Japan would sell PSN cards too...

Well, as explained on the previous page, not sure you could talk of discontinuation for the Pokémon 2DS bundles which were clearly limited.

That reminds me, went to check yesterday, and the page was actually updated a while ago (not recent), so if even if there were subsequent shipments, they were not big at all.

Well, in late July we'll have more shipment numbers from Nintendo, so we'll see just how many 2DS they made and shipped in total.
Ah sorry. I saw the news on a blog and was unsure if the info is old, but decided to post anyway. Thanks!

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 24, 2016 (Jun 13 - Jun 19)

new releases

{2016.06.15}
[3DS] Slime's Ambition _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <SLG> (Flyhigh Works) (¥462)
[WIU] Medabots Navi: Metabee Ver. _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Rocket Company) (¥650)
[WIU] Medabots Navi: Rokusho Ver. _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Rocket Company) (¥650)

{2016.06.16}
[3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don Don! Mystery Adventure <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥4.800)
[3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don Don! Mystery Adventure (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥4.800)
[3DS] Kouenji Joshi Soccer 3: Koisuru Eleven Itsuka wa Heaven <SPT> (Starfish SD) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Root Letter # <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥4.800)
[PSV] Root Letter (Premium Edition) <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥7.800)
[PSV] Root Letter (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥4.300)
[PSV] Hakuoki: Shinkai - Hana no Shou # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)
[PSV] Hakuoki: Shinkai - Hana no Shou (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.300)
[PSV] Hakuoki: Shinkai - Hana no Shou (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Hakuouki: Shinkai Twin Pack {Hakuoki: Shinkai - Furi no Shou \ Hakuoki: Shinkai - Hana no Shou} <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥10.600)
[PS4] Root Letter # <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥4.800)
[PS4] Root Letter (Premium Edition) <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥7.800)
[PS4] Root Letter (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥4.300)
[XB1] Minecraft: Xbox One Favorite Pack <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) (¥3.600)
___

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice < 45k (average 40k)
02. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don Don! Mystery Adventure < 40k (average 35k)
03. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II: Futago no Ou to Yogen no Owari < 15k (average 10k)
00. [PSV+PS4] Root Letter < 15k (average 10k)

test_account

XP-39C²
If that Taiko prediction turns out to be the actual result, then it would be a worse opening than the Vita version. Legs will still be a question, but it looks like the popularity with Taiko isnt what it used to be, if the predictions turns out to be the actual result.

horuhe

Doesn't seem very standout to me? Especially the average, which has tended to lean towards the more accurate.
Yeah, me neither in terms of raw numbers, but more in terms of the version that could be the one. Vita version and even PS3 version could have lower drops than PS4 version, and that happened with lots of multiplatform releases lately.

Ōkami

1. [3DS] Ace Attorney 6 - 194
  2. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End - 33
  3. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End - 32
  4. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End - 31
  5. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot - 23
  6. [PS4] Overwatch - 21
  7. [PS4] Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - 13
  8. [PS4] Project C.A.R.S. Perfect Edition - 13
  9. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 11
  10. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 - 10
  11. [WIU] Splatoon - 8
  12. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 8
  13. [3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi - 7
  14. [3DS] Monster Hunter Generations - 6
  15. [PS4] Grand Ages Medieval - 5
  16. [PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 5
  17. [3DS] Ace Attorney Trilogy [Best Price] - 5
  18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] - 5
  19. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby - 5
  20. [3DS] Monster Strike - 5

horuhe

The new models of New 3DS have been very popular in TSUTAYA. So, even though not very big, it is expected an increase for Nintendo's handheld numbers for next figures.
JSkTnjV.jpg

pnqyjIz.jpg

At Santy, Story of Seasons adverts have been very big during this weekend, and it's expected to increase during this coming week, and Ace Attorney was sold out.

At Takarajima Stores, Yo-Kai Watch 3 pre-orders are increasing, especially the Sushi version. There is this out-store advertisement.

Eolz

If that Taiko prediction turns out to be the actual result, then it would be a worse opening than the Vita version. Legs will still be a question, but it looks like the popularity with Taiko isnt what it used to be, if the predictions turns out to be the actual result.

Would be a shame, this one looks really interesting. Maybe they marketed the "different" part too much and not enough the old parts and new songs?

Ōkami

Comgnet shows good drops from Overwatch, yet at the same time they have DQH2 PS3>PS4 so what do they know.

Also now there are two Persona 5 SKUs on the preorder chart.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's probably a point when so many games are declining that the ones that aren't are the exception.

It's possible we've hit that point, though I guess it will become apparent as the year goes on.

Are there any games that went up iteration-over-iteration this year?

Ace Attorney 6 will do better than 5.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 will decline.
Will it really ?
I mean AA5 showed a significant drop from AA4 so there's room to bounce back, but DGS underperformed a bit, yet at the same time the anime may also help (that Phoenix & Maya dynamic)...

I have a hard time seeing it reach 500k for example, but 400k should be managable (AA6 is probably somewhere around 360-380k right now)

Pre-orders already look promising more than two months before the release. The Maya come back effect is real. And today the Anime started airing (with AA6 promotion).
Marketing campaign is obviously higher than the last entry.

Expect better sales than AA5 is a lock.
So with Ace Attorney 6 poised to decline (marginally) from Ace Attorney 5, are there any other games lined up to have game over game sales increase of comparable entries?

I think we had Persona 5 as the last surviving thing on the list from that thread.

Vena

So with Ace Attorney 6 poised to decline (marginally) from Ace Attorney 5, are there any other games lined up to have game over game sales increase of comparable entries?

I think we had Persona 5 as the last surviving thing on the list from that thread.

Pokemon?

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 23, 2016 (Jun 06 - Jun 12)

01./00. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice <ADV> (Capcom)
02./01. [PSV] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End <RPG> (Square Enix)
03./02. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End <RPG> (Square Enix)
04./03. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo)
05./05. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End <RPG> (Square Enix)
06./04. [PS4] Overwatch <ACT> (Square Enix)
07./00. [PS4] Mirror's Edge Catalyst <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
08./06. [PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
09./07. [WiiU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
10./11. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
11./00. [PS4] Project CARS <RCE> (Bandai Namco Games)
12./12. [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
13./10. [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
14./17. [3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi <SLG> (Level 5)
15./13. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
16./09. [PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator <FTG> (Arc System Works)
17./00. [PS4] Grand Ages: Medieval <SLG> (Ubisoft)
18./15. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo)
19./19. [WiiU] Super Mario Maker <ACT> (Nintendo)
20./20. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
21./14. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 <RPG> (Square Enix)
22./21. [WiiU] Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard Double Pack <STG> (Nintendo)
23./16. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan)
24./08. [PSV] Taishou x Alice: All in One <ADV> (Prototype)
25./22. [3DS] Terraria <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
26./25. [3DS] Disney Art Academy <HOB> (Nintendo)
27./28. [WiiU] Mario Kart 8 <RCE> (Nintendo)
28./29. [3DS] My Hero Academia: Battle for All <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
29./18. [PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator <FTG> (Arc System Works)
30./31. [3DS] Pokémon Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 23, 2016 (Jun 06 - Jun 12)

01./03. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport (Limited Edition) <RCE> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
02./05. [3DS] Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Towns <SLG> (Marvelous)
03./04. [PSV] Fate/Extella (Regalia Box) <ACT> (Marvelous)
04./02. [PS4] Fate/Extella (Regalia Box) <ACT> (Marvelous)
05./11. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
06./08. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura Set <RPG> (Level 5)
07./09. [PSV] Fate/Extella <ACT> (Marvelous)
08./00. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy (Limited Edition) <RPG> (Square Enix)
09./18. [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Doko Don! Mystery Adventure <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
10./06. [PS4] Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers (Limited Edition) <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games)
11./07. [PS4] Persona 5 (20th Anniversary Edition) <RPG> (Atlus)
12./10. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
13./00. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy (Limited Edition) <RPG> (Square Enix)
14./23. [PS4] Fate/Extella <ACT> (Marvelous)
15./34. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport <RCE> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
16./20. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi <RPG> (Level 5)
17./30. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <SLG> (Nippon Columbia)
18./12. [PSV] Hakuoki Shinkai: Chapter of Flowers <ADV> (Idea Factory)
19./17. [3DS] Dragon Ball Fusions (Limited Edition) <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
20./50. [PS4] Dragon's Dogma Online: Season 2 (Limited Edition) <ACT> (Capcom)

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 22, 2016 (May 30 - Jun 05)

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are only based on sales at Rakuten Books and does not count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking.

Vena

Seems that with the return (for how long?) of the Berserk manga, we get our next chapter in the "Everything was Musou" saga with a Berserk Musou. Well, that or a "being an apostle snake lost in Caska's boobs" simulator.

I wonder when we'll get an HxH Musou.

Aters

If you take niche games into consideration, the list will be longer. I think some small developers like Falcom are actually doing well this gen.

Oh did I miss something?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
An update of Yokay Watch pre orders on COMG

32 days left

Yokay Watch 2 = 543 (+20pt)
Yokay Watch Busters = 367 (+0pt)
Yokay Watch 3 = 226 (+0pt)

horuhe

Yesterday, Titanfall 2 and Mafia 3 pre-orders started. Also, it seems Yo-Kai Watch 3 pre-orders are climbing as well.

Bruno MB

Leaks out.

I think it says GyakuSai (Ace Attorney 6) sold like 200k

That's disappointing although maybe we were too optimistic because was there really a reason for a sixth entry on a declining series to outperform (week 1 sales) the previous instalments?

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies had a strong debut matching what Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney did 6 years earlier but it had poor legs. And the recent spin-off Great Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney didn't meet Capcom's expectations.

Main series

[NDS] Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney # <ADV> (Capcom) {2007.04.12} (¥5.040) - 250.186 / 499.355
[3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.07.25} (¥5.990) - 250.216 / 369.816
[3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice # <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.06.09 (¥5.800) ~ 200.000 / NEW

Spin-offs

[NDS] Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth # <ADV> (Capcom) {2009.05.28} (¥5.040) - 171.940 / 301.535
[NDS] Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2 # <ADV> (Capcom) {2011.02.03} (¥5.040) - 132.266 / 228.078
[3DS] Great Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken # <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.07.09} (¥6.264) - 135.690 / 186.616

hiska-kun

That's disappointing although maybe we were too optimistic because, there was really a reason for a sixth entry on a declining series to outperform the previous instalment?

I don't know, but a lot of fans are angry with this entry. There're a lot of complains about the tempo (the game feels slower and unnecessary long cases), and mean situations. The word of mouth isn't that good.
What I'm sure is that Capcom won't be happy after the push they're giving with the Anime series and Maya's come back.

Also, another 3DS underperforming this year. Next one is Taiko this week, and Yo-kai Watch 3, Puzzle & Bomdragons X will follow. Monster Hunter Stories is also looking bad.
3DS needs a replacement ASAP.

Pokemon SM will sell better than ORAS (a remake), but still remains to be seen if it can outsell XY (the worst main entry), and at this rate I doubt it. Dragon Quest XI in 2017 also doesn't make sense.

zeromcd73

I remember back a month or so ago we were discussing franchises that could potentially be significantly up compared to their previous main line entries with Ace Attorney and Persona being like the only ones mentioned.

Persona plz save us from franchise declines :(

Orgen

Such pessimism for 3DS software... I'm hoping that not everything will be a decline! Starting with AA6, let's see if it has better legs than AA5 :D

L~A

Media Create:

New3DS LL 21,736
PS4 19,573
Vita 12,312
Wii U 3,901
New3DS 3,029
PS3 1,006
3DS 602
3DS LL 90
Xbox One 46

196k for AA6 is.... not good.