• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 25, 2015 (Jun 15 - Jun 21)

random25

GamesMaya's report

- Fire Emblem Fates sold better than Awakening. Even new shipments are selling out, for both versions.
- Actually, the Black version sold better than the White one the release day. But from the following day, the White one took the lead and now there aren't copies left of any version.
- Splatoon is still moving Wii U hardware. People are asking for Splatoon's Amiibos (still sold out)

So really happy for Splatoon. Hope it becomes a new long-selling games like its older Nintendo brothers like Mario and Pokemon.

And really glad for FE: If. Long live Fire Emblem!

FluxWaveZ

Yeah. And impressions of the game don't seem that good.

All impressions of P4D I've seen so far have been positive. It's a fantastic game.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax debuted at 85k, and I was expecting P4D to slightly beat that, so it's on par with what I would expect from P4D. The Vita version of Project Diva F 2nd debuted at 103k; not too sure much more than that would have been feasible.

Rymuth

GamesMaya's report

- Fire Emblem Fates sold better than Awakening. Even new shipments are selling out, for both versions.
- Actually, the Black version sold better than the White one the release day. But from the following day, the White one took the lead and now there aren't copies left of any version.
- Splatoon is still moving Wii U hardware. People are asking for Splatoon's Amiibos (still sold out)
Really good news!

GamesMaya's report

Nintendo are having an amazing period in Japan right now. Fire Emblem & Splatoon, with Yokai Watch, Yoshi's Woolly World and Animal Crossing coming up. Animal Crossing and Yokai Watch are easily passing a million for sure. The Dragon Quest 8 remake projected to come out soon will also likely go past a mill (since it's doing better than DQ7 on pre-orders).

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Nintendo's been knocking it out of the park in Japan recently.

I would tend to agree. They have the market on lockdown, and have been for a while to a certain extent.

NOE & NOA am cry

casiopao

GamesMaya's report

Everything is sold out...... No Nintendo is sold out.^_^

Yeah. And impressions of the game don't seem that good.

Ohhh. Is that so? Is there any mention on the reason here?

You sure? All impressions I've seen so far have been pretty positive.

...... This is where i should post" This is NEOGAF" gif right^_^

Bandai Namco should have released the Tales of Symphonia Collection on 3DS instead. It would have sold more than what it did on PS3.

T_T Bamco still being Bamco. If only they give some chance for 3DS other than that stupid mobile port.T_T I mean, a new Radiant Mythology for 3DS is not really a bad move considering how Tales should resonate quite well with Nintendo 3DS owner especially with the huge amount of woman owner's.

....... I mean, even a cheap 2D Tales game for 3DS would sell more than port for Tales here.T_T

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So a few more mobile updates.

1.) Pokemon Shuffle is coming to iOS/Android this Fall. This is the match 3 game currently on the 3DS, but modified for a portrait orientation phone.

We have a dedicated thread most of you have probably already seen, and I have some additional comments on this later, but I'm going to eat lunch before getting into them.

2.) Morishita (Gung-Ho's CEO) shared that the reason for making Puzzle & Dragons for 3DS was to try and capture more young children who do not yet have smartphones.

VentureBeat said:
GamesBeat: That’s interesting given the popularity of your titles right now.

Morishita: From a creator’s point of view, it’s always better to have an equal amount of titles out on different platforms. It cultivates your creativity and helps you come up with new ideas. It’s good for the creative process. In terms of mobile, the people who play mobile titles, a lot of them I’m sure have never picked up a console controller. The mobile market is interesting that way. It’s reaching out to people who aren’t already gamers, per se.

GamesBeat: Your crossover with Puzzle & Dragons and Mario, is that an attempt to bridge that gap? In a more general sense, do you think it’s worthwhile to try to bridge the gap between console and mobile users?

Morishita: Back in 2011, we were coming up with a new concept for Puzzle & Dragons. I came to the conclusion that our target audience for the 3DS version—I wanted it to be kids, kids who don’t have smartphones. I’ve always wanted to release the game for 3DS and reach more of that audience. The target audience for PZD Mario is definitely much younger than the smartphone crowd. Going back to your question, Gung Ho’s goal with that title is to reach out to a broader audience with the core gameplay of the series.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/22/c...-ho-prefers-console-games-to-mobile/view-all/

vinnygambini

Nintendo released their financial report for the fiscal year: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/security_q1503.pdf

Skimming through it, I noticed:

- Nintendo of America still lost money, while Nintendo of Europe turned a profit (the previous year, both lost money). p7

- Gamestop is responsible for 13.6% of Nintendo sales, excluding Japan. p58

Yup.

Last year NOA's deficit was (17,573), now it's (7,315).

Thread or no?

T_T Bamco still being Bamco. If only they give some chance for 3DS other than that stupid mobile port.T_T I mean, a new Radiant Mythology for 3DS is not really a bad move considering how Tales should resonate quite well with Nintendo 3DS owner especially with the huge amount of woman owner's.

....... I mean, even a cheap 2D Tales game for 3DS would sell more than port for Tales here.T_T

Yep. :(

Not to mention Nintendo sort of lead the way with Wii to 3DS ports, HELL, BN DID do one! That Taiko minigame spin-off they made for Wii's launch got a 3DS port a year or so back, so DOTNW for instance at least would've been ideal, Graces would've also been a great idea.

I highly agree with Sammy that Vesperia on the 3DS' successor is a very good idea.

And also, 7th Chord, who made the Vita remakes, made numerous 3DS games already, so they'd be a good pick for another Tales game on 3DS, in fact, wasn't a Kamen Rider game they made on 3DS like a Tales game? They also did that Kero (frog) RPG on DS that again was like a Tales game wasn't it?

GamesMaya's report

lol wut

I'm actually surprised

Xbro

lol wut

I'm actually surprised

I'm not.
f7a.gif

Scum

GamesMaya's report

What a time to be alive NCL.

Nintendo released their financial report for the fiscal year: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/security_q1503.pdf

Skimming through it, I noticed:

- Nintendo of America still lost money, while Nintendo of Europe turned a profit (the previous year, both lost money). p7

- Gamestop is responsible for 13.6% of Nintendo sales, excluding Japan. p58

Time for Shibata's clone to replace Iwata as CEO of NoA.

Oregano

So with the news about Pokémon Shuffle I had some thoughts about Genius Sonority. The founder reopened his old company Heartbeat a few years ago and people speculated it was so they could publish Denpa Men on mobile which didn't happen(AFAIK) and now GS has a game on mobile. So 1) Why didn't they bring Denpa Men to mobile(the F2P one would do well) and 2) What is Heartbeat doing, DQXI?

Vena

So with the news about Pokémon Shuffle I had some thoughts about Genius Sonority. The founder reopened his old company Heartbeat a few years ago and people speculated it was so they could publish Denpa Men on mobile which didn't happen(AFAIK) and now GS has a game on mobile. So 1) Why didn't they bring Denpa Men to mobile(the F2P one would do well) and 2) What is Heartbeat doing, DQXI?

I have a growing suspicion that DQXI reveal is going to cause GAF meltdown lol.

Arzehn

I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem 2 different versions. What the difference? From what I've read it seems like there's 2 separate stories. Maybe I'm misunderstanding but this seems worse than Pokemon where it's just different creatures to capture. How does Nintendo get away with stuff like this? lol

Looks like the game is doing well, so I mean good for Nintendo, but it sounds like fans of FE will have to start paying double for the full story going forward. Seems like a bad precedent.

Again I'm not too familiar with the 2 different versions if someone wants to correct me.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem 2 different versions. What the difference? From what I've read it seems like there's 2 separate stories. Maybe I'm misunderstanding but this seems worse than Pokemon where it's just different creatures to capture. How does Nintendo get away with stuff like this? lol

Looks like the game is doing well, so I mean good for Nintendo, but it sounds like fans of FE will have to start paying double for the full story going forward. Seems like a bad precedent.

Again I'm not too familiar with the 2 different versions if someone wants to correct me.

One of the reasons for having 2 versions is that one is meant for the new fans picked up with FE: Awakening (Hoshido/white Kingdom), and the other version is harder, has more terrain strategy, etc. and more geared towards fans of the older games in the franchise (Nohr / Black Kingdom). You basically can pick one of two sides in either game (up to Ch. 6 they are the same), but the rest of the campaigns are completely different from I understand. In addition, they plan on releasing a 3rd DLC where you don't pick either side. I forget the Japanese pricing exactly, but I believe they made it so that if you buy one game, you can get the other side's campaign for some discounted price.

Arzehn

One of the reasons for having 2 versions is that one is meant for the new fans picked up with FE: Awakening (Hoshido/white Kingdom), and the other version is harder, has more terrain strategy, etc. and more geared towards fans of the older games in the franchise (Nohr / Black Kingdom). You basically can pick one of two sides in either game (up to Ch. 6 they are the same), but the rest of the campaigns are completely different from I understand. In addition, they plan on releasing a 3rd DLC where you don't pick either side. I forget the Japanese pricing exactly, but I believe they made it so that if you buy one game, you can get the other side's campaign for some discounted price.

Thanks for the explanation, but that really sounds like more of an excuse than a reason though. Something like that should be in 1 game that has a option at the start:
Hoshido (Recommended)
Nohr (Advanced Difficulty)

I'd be interested in seeing the hours of gameplay in the Hoshido campaign vs FE:Awakening.

Vena

Thanks for the explanation, but that really sounds like more of an excuse than a reason though. Something like that should be in 1 game that has a option at the start:
Hoshido (Recommended)

I'd be interested in seeing the hours of gameplay in the Hoshido campaign vs FE:Awakening.

Its not one game... so, no. It has no reason to really be a singular game when it has the content (and development budget) of two games. Each is roughly as long as Awakening, though Anya can be harder/longer if you hit difficulty walls and get stuck.

casiopao

Yep. :(

Not to mention Nintendo sort of lead the way with Wii to 3DS ports, HELL, BN DID do one! That Taiko minigame spin-off they made for Wii's launch got a 3DS port a year or so back, so DOTNW for instance at least would've been ideal, Graces would've also been a great idea.

I highly agree with Sammy that Vesperia on the 3DS' successor is a very good idea.

And also, 7th Chord, who made the Vita remakes, made numerous 3DS games already, so they'd be a good pick for another Tales game on 3DS, in fact, wasn't a Kamen Rider game they made on 3DS like a Tales game? They also did that Kero (frog) RPG on DS that again was like a Tales game wasn't it?

Yup.^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnVzFmTD-Q

That game actually is really fun too.^_^ And i get it very cheap during my visit in JP too.^_^

lol wut

I'm actually surprised

You simply do not argue the path of Nohr (o_o)

Hoshido (Recommended)

Each route had their own style of playing. One is totally like the old one and 0 grinding chance while the other had a world map and plays more like Awakening. The structures for each game is totally different + different story which is why the game had 2 version. Difficulties is not the only difference there.

-Horizon-

GamesMaya's report

Good.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Hoshido (Recommended)

It's more like Oracle of Ages and Seasons to make a comparison. Those were two games with a similar theme, but had completely different world maps, dungeons, etc. Same kind of thing here w/ all completely different battle maps, different sets of playable characters, etc. They also have completely different plots (the author wrote 500 page plots apparently for each game).

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
WiiU exclusive? I'll have to take a vacation from planet Earth because the apocalypse must be upon us.

Square Enix talks about reviving PS4 in Japan, (hypothetically) releases DQ11 as a Wii U exclusive. That'd be interesting hahaha.

vinnygambini

I'm hoping Media Create or Famitsu comments on FE TCG as it seems to have carved out a certain niche among those players.

At this point, Intelligent Systems must be really happy with Fire Emblem*

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Fire Emblem anime too.

*Nintendo own the trademarks and have co-ownership of the franchise with Intelligent Systems.

sörine

Banned
It's more like Oracle of Ages and Seasons to make a comparison. Those were two games with a similar theme, but had completely different world maps, dungeons, etc. Same kind of thing here w/ all completely different battle maps, different sets of playable characters, etc. They also have completely different plots (the author wrote 500 page plots apparently for each game).
I think an even better comparison is Shining Force III, which is a SRPG that retells the same overall story from 3 different perspectives in 3 different games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm hoping Media Create or Famitsu comments on FE TCG as it seems to have carved out a certain niche among those players.

*Nintendo own the trademarks and have co-ownership of the franchise with Intelligent Systems.

Does Media Create do non-game tracking?

vinnygambini

Does Media Create do non-game tracking?

One of the trackers, I'm not sure which of the two, provides amiibo #'s.

I'm hoping since FE TCG & FE:If launched together, that they might provide some details on that.

It may be wishful thinking on my part though.

casiopao

Nintendo go get Madhouse to do the show. Ask Togashi to be the writer too. Add Miura for more spice and boobs.^_^

Vena

Nintendo may as well own ISys for all intents and purposes, lol.

vinnygambini

Nintendo may as well own ISys for all intents and purposes, lol.

It's the same partnership with HAL and the Kirby franchise as well :p

I'm hoping for another important franchise for ISys too (or a reboot of Advance Wars as they've done with FE) - Codename STEAM has alot going for it but it's artstyle just sucked the life out of the title.

Vena

It's the same partnership with HAL and the Kirby franchise as well :p

I'm hoping for another important franchise for ISys too (or a reboot of Advance Wars as they've done with FE) - Codename STEAM has alot going for it but it's artstyle just sucked the life out of the title.

I mean, I know how their relationship works, and its actually great for IntSys because they have creative freedom with their titles and don't have to be "part of the corporation" even if they are literally next door (and originally down the hall). (Isn't HAL technically not "affiliate" while IntSys is?) They get to run their own IP and make their own longshots on games while Nintendo pays the bills.

I think Niro and I had this discussion a ways back where "buying" studios and all that was largely not a safe course of action but having "partnerships" which are effectively the same thing (like NLG recently) are safer for both parties. Sometimes, you buy a studio for a specific circumstances (like Monolith).

Xbro

There were two OVAs for the first FE game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
7th Dragon III-DS announced http://dragon3.sega.jp/

Looks like they changed up the staffing around it pretty significantly as well.

Curious to see what the game actually is.

is this saga the one (among many) that usually ins't localized, right?

There we go

Fates = Awakening x1,3 (FW)

Depending on the tracker

Media Create - 315,380
Famitsu - 341,119

And it's also suffering from shortages, right?

it would be a good start, especially if shortages are confirmed, even if not THAT bigger compared to some expectation.

Top Bottom