• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 25, 2016 (Jun 20 - Jun 26)

Oregano

World of Final Fantasy is probably aimed at that audience too.

EDIT: But what if Level 5 pulls a betrayalton and the new Inazuma Eleven is a Vita game!:O

Vena

World of Final Fantasy is probably aimed at that audience too.

World of FF still feels like a very confused product, and the things they've shown of it aren't exactly changing my mind on it. Its nostalgia-bait + Pokemon + long-ass jRPG + chibi art-style.

In talking about the Vita, he once again spiels out the "Minecraft has helped it reach a new market with children" line and cites Dragon Quest Builders as another game targeting this audience.

And all Sony have to show for that market is a Dragon Quest spinoff which didn't seem to do all that much.

I'd have to wonder if the breakdown of purchasers/players of DQB was all that many children and not just older fans of DQ. He can point at it all he wants as a game "targeting that audience" but did it sell to that audience (in large quantities)?

AniHawk

I also very much doubt NIS is going to put any serious effort into a Nintendo machine. They will literally die before that happens.

depends how serious sony is about the 1080p support thing. if that's the case then companies that still make sprite-based games like nis might find the ps4 prohibitively expensive.

AniHawk

Did Disgaea 5 not support 1080p natively?

yeah but that's disgaea 5. they're not going to try that on a bunch of one-off attempts at making a series out of new ips like firefly diary, yomawari, and world's longest five minutes.

if they do go ps4, it'll be with 3d character models for basically all of their games, and that probably includes disgaea.

Fdkn

are we going to pretend again that there is a ton of japanese sub 1080p ps4 games? is there even any beyond the dynamic stuff from FFXV?

lherre

Accurate
are we going to pretend again that there is a ton of japanese sub 1080p ps4 games? is there even any beyond the dynamic stuff from FFXV?

Not too much that I can remember. I think Ni-oh depending on your choice for visuals or performance (if we have the same options in the final build).

Oregano

yeah but that's disgaea 5. they're not going to try that on a bunch of one-off attempts at making a series out of new ips like firefly diary, yomawari, and world's longest five minutes.

if they do go ps4, it'll be with 3d character models for basically all of their games, and that probably includes disgaea.

I imagine they would consider that the path of least resistance in comparison to refocusing around a Nintendo platform where they don't have any kind of goodwill or built-in audience.

They can easily get away with Vita level games in 1080p on PS4.

I imagine they would consider that the path of least resistance in comparison to refocusing around a Nintendo platform where they don't have any kind of goodwill or built-in audience.

I'm not too sure on that. They're barely getting away with some of their Vita-level games on Vita (things like Hero Must Die and soon World's Longest 5 Minutes bombing).

Plus, I know it's a bit early to be calling it, but it looks like they're onto something good with Coven, but we barely see any gridders on consoles outside of Experience Inc on XB1.

I think some things are more pallet-able when you're playing on a handheld screen vs. being blown up on a HD screen. Having said that, Steins;Gate 0 did well on PS4, so maybe I'm wrong on that.

AniHawk

the problem isn't getting away with it, but putting artists and time to do it.

mao2

Firefly Diary and Yomawari are on Steam too. Do they look bad? I'm sure 2D games nowadays can scale much better to different resolutions.Besides, PS4 has many 2D games mostly from smaller and indie developers. I don't see why Nippon Ichi need to go 3D for all their games.

Does anyone know what Alfa System are up to? I recently discovered that Matrix Software developed Omega Labyrinth on Vita (aside from all the porting they do from Square Enix), but Alfa System haven't seemed to release anything since Oreshika 2. They were pretty prominent on the PSP and even developed Tales of Innocence for DS.

mao2

Does anyone know what Alfa System are up to? I recently discovered that Matrix Software developed Omega Labyrinth on Vita (aside from all the porting they do from Square Enix), but Alfa System haven't seemed to release anything since Oreshika 2. They were pretty prominent on the PSP and even developed Tales of Innocence for DS.
Their most recent game is Shinobi Nightmare for iOS and Android. They were involved in the development of Final Fantasy VII G-Bike too.
http://www.alfasystem.net/kaisya/games.html

Top Bottom